X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being kept from the series

i am curious of how the series coordinator can not let the course representative( for steily) be part of the series discussion if we want to be in the series and have been asked to be involved. I sent a request and MIKE RIDEOUT never got back to me, but will tell others in the club he will not work with me. Does one person have the say to who can run events and be on the board? I will be running the tourney for the series at steily and want to be part of the series but am not allowed in. Should MIKE RIDEOUT put his differences aside for the good of the series? As course rep all tournaments will be going through me and will be the contact for the club, if that is not to someones liking they can run there event at other courses.We are voted positions and i was voted in. Lets put the childish behavior aside and give the players the best series we can.
    We all should take better care in our courses

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
    i am curious of how the series coordinator can not let the course representative( for steily) be part of the series discussion if we want to be in the series and have been asked to be involved. I sent a request and MIKE RIDEOUT never got back to me, but will tell others in the club he will not work with me. Does one person have the say to who can run events and be on the board? I will be running the tourney for the series at steily and want to be part of the series but am not allowed in. Should MIKE RIDEOUT put his differences aside for the good of the series? As course rep all tournaments will be going through me and will be the contact for the club, if that is not to someones liking they can run there event at other courses.We are voted positions and i was voted in. Lets put the childish behavior aside and give the players the best series we can.
    Childish behavior. Hmmm. You mean like calling people out on a public forum instead of respectfully working it out with them directly? You are ALL doing good work up there and it really shows on the course.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

can't work it out with him if he does not want to. that is why it was brought here
      We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Hey Mark I inquired to the WA group why you had not been included into the discussions. Will keep you advised.
        rewindb.com

Comment

Like President Obama throwing out the first pitch, I'd recommend working on your delivery a bit.
          If you want to voice your concerns, convey a message, or spark up a constructive debate,
          I'd recommend using your third person objective voice a bit more. I know your intentions are good, but if you don't want others to assume that yours' is an unreliable voice, in literary terms, then sounding more objective will benefit you greatly.

With that said, I hope everything works out... you both donate/invest a great deal of time to this sport we love(thanks for that, btw), and I'd hate to see either of you wasting any energy on petty stuff. I'm confident that things will sort themselves out and diplomacy will reign. Kil 'm er, him, with kindness.
          ROLL TIDE.
          Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; December 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM.
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

There is no problem with Mark Kilmer running a WSS event. There is no way Mark Kilmer will be part of the WSS discussion group.
            WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

It's crazy enough with the people who are there as it is...
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

This should be a private discussion. I don't know any of the details or history that's eluded to above, but it doesn't need to be public info. Please allow this be the last post in this thread.
                Roll Tide.
                Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; December 21st, 2010, 07:11 PM.
                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Actually, this should not be a private discussion. This is exactly the kind of problems everyone should know about so everyone could get involved. It is like having a teacher's conference and not letting a few teachers attend. Maybe there is other reasons, but i for one as a pdga member and a pcdgpa member i would like to know those reasons. I would also like to know who is on this series board and to know what is exaclty going on. I dont want to sign up for an event with all kind of drama going on. Its called the professional disc golf for a reason..........so please lets start acting like it. If i am truly way out of line, then please explain.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                    There is no problem with Mark Kilmer running a WSS event. There is no way Mark Kilmer will be part of the WSS discussion group.
                    This makes no sense. How or why would you run a tourney without being allowed input? I respect both parties involved but this seems odd to me. Discussion is one thing and action is another. Why would we as a community not want all voices heard?

Comment

Mike,
                      I respect what you have done and appreciate your efforts but its time to move on. I know more than most of what has led to this but don't feel that I should bethe one to inform the masses of the details. Both mark and mike need to move on and continue to do good for our sport. There is no reason for either to hold a grudge. Put aside ego and work together. Both can be strong strong willed and its time to humble yourselves in this situation. Neither one is right and neither one is wrong. Nothing good can come of this fued. With all due respect, quit it.
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Being kept from the series too!!

I for one can understand Mark's frustration. I have lobbied to get the Spokane City Cup into the Washington State Series but Mike is adamantly against it and if Mike's against it, it ain't happening.

I think that the Spokane City Cup would be a great addition to the WSS.

Golfers that would like to see the SCC in the WSS please post a note here for all to see.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I have given the people working on the series the oppertunity to vote me out. I will not drag the details of my life out into the public. I understand this situation is conflicting and I will have no problem leaving if this is what the series wants. The things that Mark has said to me are not going to be forgotten anytime soon. I will not work with Mark.

Unlike what Bob has just posted, I am very willing to go along with ideas I do not like. Everyone on this forum (exept Mark) has had the oppertunity to get involved with the series. We have 20 Washington players in the discussion group. If they vote me out; I will leave with no hard feelings. I typically wouldn't put myself in this position after being voted in, but I do understand that this is an unusually conflicting situation.

It is now in the hands of those that have already stepped up to help with the series:

Mike Rideout
                          Shawn Hadley
                          Eric Edgerton
                          Bob Perrewe
                          Paul Wright
                          Kristopher Bland
                          Guy Dahmon
                          Keith Chainbanger
                          Chris Gilberts
                          Tim Baugher
                          Dani Baugher
                          Jeremy Freiling
                          Kenny Benjamin
                          Tuffi Dolan
                          Tom Bontempo
                          Tim Coye
                          Kaleb Ralph
                          Andrew cefire
                          Thomas Little
                          Chase Killen
                          WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

That's very noble of you Mike to see the conflict and acknowledge it's importance.

I personally don't think you need to step down, I'd like to see more of the arrangement You and I share be extended to include Mark .

It's actually the club that is pressing this issue ( Mark is Club Course Rep, Right?) Does Mark have an Assistant? If not Chase just needs to be more active in the group.
                            rewindb.com

Comment

All I know for certain is that Oregon has a severe shortage of Rideouts.
                              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X