X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
    Thanks to Pete Land, Oz, and Capt. Morgans Private Reserve, I cracked a rib last night and won't be able to play in the Pretzelbowl. Dammit!

So, there is at least one spot opening up.

Lake Stevens will still be there in basket spirit!
    So I have to represent the red-headed Brian contingent? Oh the pressure...
    Sorry about the rib, try not to sneeze. or cough. or laugh. Worse things could happen though- at least when you're around pirates.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you got a little too much Captain in you, captain. I'm gonna go ahead and pass on the opportunity to rib you for being such a nugget head.

I'm really looking forward to playing a new course-- despite the freaggin' cold ace weather & regardless of whether I get in the tourney or not. I'm so excited, I've already started my pre-game warm-ups!
      Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; February 26th, 2011, 07:30 PM.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Scores are all posted! Take a peeksie: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62546
        If you see a problem, email me - I'll be putting up hole by hole scores probably tomorrow so everyone can relive their favorite birdies and the dreaded island hole

I'll have a wrapup post probably tomorrow but I'm sure that we've raised well over $1000 again which is AWESOME considering we had fewer players than last year!

OK, just conducted the mini-basket raffle drawing and did up a quick video so you could all at least see it go down - I won't spoil the surprise but...this guy just seems to win everything!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM7FLTrHM0A
        Last edited by cefire; February 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM.
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Thank you for an awesome day and an excellent course!! You really know how to put on a shindig. I'm glad Pretzel is feeling better and congratulations on winning you're own tournament!!! I'll wait for the pictures of you holding him over your head...

The people were really good and my groups were both really fun and felt like a casual round. I love that we raised so much money for NW Harvest! I want to thank everyone who donated for the throw off you are all awesome!
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

What a great event Sheila & Andrew, thanks for putting it all together! Here's a picture of everyone (minus the winner!) before the first round.

Comment

Congrats Andrew! Thanks for hosting another Pretzel Bowl up here in the NW!
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Andrew, awesome course and a really fun tournament. You did a good job of picking fairways that were not too marshy. My favorite hole was 3 up the hill. Really a neat shot, but you had a lot of those. Thanks for your work! I hope we get to do this again next year! I am also glad that Pretzel is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                  Sorry to hear that you got a little too much Captain in you, captain. I'm gonna go ahead and pass on the opportunity to rib you for being such a nugget head.

I'm really looking forward to playing a new course-- despite the freaggin' cold ace weather & regardless of whether I get in the tourney or not. I'm so excited, I've already started my pre-game warm-ups!
                  Hey Toby, nice job on the second round with a 42. That matched low score for the day. I guess your warm ups paid off!

Comment

Absolutely a great time(except a couple severe melt downs)playing in the Pretzel Bowl again! The course was fantastic and congrats to Andrew and Jessie for top honors. I want to say a big thank you to Sheila and Andrew for running the tourney. See ya next year!

Comment

Wrap up!

OK, time for the final wrap to PretzelBowl IV!
                      First and foremost, I'm happy to report that we brought in $1222.05 and 5lbs of food for Northwest Harvest this year! This breaks the PretzelBowl record despite the fact that we could only have 56 players this year rather than 72.

There are tons of people to thank for making this event possible. First, I'd like to thank the Scott Papa and Dalaiwood for kicking in a ton of cool discs including a prototype glow Z Buzzz SS and these awesome, awesome PretzelBowl trophy discs which went to the men's (the kniving course designer) and women's (Jesse Westphal) champions:

Chainbangerz shop also gave a bunch of sweet hats and helped out with setting up the basket toss (won by Tim Coye) and the mini basket raffle (won by Paul Wright). If you are looking for more PretzelBowl discs BTW, stop by the shop soon because they still have a few left!

Then, everyone who brought a basket, asked if we needed help, picked up flags, hauled heavy baskets around, donated, checked scores, and everything else! Special thanks to Tom Little and Sheila Teves for doing all of the above and waking up at 5am in the cold. Finally, thanks to all of the golfers for stepping up to the responsibility of tossing in a new park - without your help, we couldn't have this tourney!

If anyone donated more than $8 (outside of the basket toss), send me an email or PM so that we can save a PretzelBowl patch for you:

The Pretzel is doing fine although the early morning cold did a number on his little paws!

For the data geeks out there, I've attached an excel sheet with hole by hole scoring, averages, variation, and more numbers! There were no eagles (or aces) this year, despite a couple of reachable par 4's and most surprisingly I felt, no one was able to card a birdie '3' on the par four 13th hole in the first round. Adam Clark, Chris Oz, and Kyle Sutherland redeemed us all by getting the bird in round 2. I think Papa may have had the closest ace opportunity when he threw a perfect skip thumber down on hole 2 during the second round which hit 10ft before the basket and sliced vertically through center chains!!! An inch one way or the other and he probably would have had it. Anyway, take a look at the hole by hole if you are a nerd, I'm always interested in people's observations (good or bad) about the course, scoring curves, etc. Total scores and unofficial ratings are here: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/62546

I think that is probably more than anyone wanted to read but there it is...until next year!
                      Last edited by cefire; February 27th, 2011, 11:01 PM.
                      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Almost forgot, everyone can view and review the temporary Seward course on Disc Golf Course Review here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...d=4294&mode=ci
                        The site has pictures, hole distances, and anything you'd want to see about the course!

Also, I'm looking for any photos of players at PretzelBowl IV, please email or PM me if you have any shots!
                        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                          most surprisingly I felt, no one was able to card a birdie '3' on the par four 13th hole in the first round. Adam Clark, Chris Oz, and Kyle Sutherland redeemed us all by getting the bird in round 2. I think Papa may have had the closest ace opportunity when he threw a perfect skip thumber down on hole 2 during the second round which hit 10ft before the basket and sliced vertically through center chains!!! An inch one way or the other and he probably would have had it.

Not to brag about myself too much but during the first round, my second shot did smash the top of the basket for a near eagle. As one of my group members put it: "That would've been the shot of the day if you hadn't missed the putt!". Of course we didn't know that scott had hit chains!

Comment

Cool, on hole 13?
                            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                              Cool, on hole 13?
                              Yeah

Comment

In addition to thanking Sir Pretzel, Sheila, Andrew, Keith, Papa, and everyone else, I'd also like to thank the PDGA for bumping up our ratings a point or two for each round since the original post!
                                PDGA 42602
                                Chainbangerz DGC #32

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X