Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Team Golf

here are some of my thoughts:

Either 4 or 6 teams to start out depending on interest.
    I think teams shouldn't necessarily all have to be from a course; we should have teams of players from all over like Oregon does it.
    Courses we play should include but not limited to: Arlington, Lake Stevens, Terrace Creek, Lakewood... Maybe finals at Seatac? I was thinking Sedro Woolley if there is enough interest and depending on the condition of the course. I would love to do Bellingham but with Mossy Roc closed I believe there isn't a suitable course.
    There should be work parties with players of the league on the courses before they are played if needed.

I would be willing to put in work on this but help would be appreciate as well.

Your thoughts?
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    here are some of my thoughts:

Either 4 or 6 teams to start out depending on interest.
    I think teams shouldn't necessarily all have to be from a course; we should have teams of players from all over like Oregon does it.
    Courses we play should include but not limited to: Arlington, Lake Stevens, Terrace Creek, Lakewood... Maybe finals at Seatac? I was thinking Sedro Woolley if there is enough interest and depending on the condition of the course. I would love to do Bellingham but with Mossy Roc closed I believe there isn't a suitable course.
    There should be work parties with players of the league on the courses before they are played if needed.

I would be willing to put in work on this but help would be appreciate as well.

Your thoughts?
    Count me in for next year. I too feel that a North division is a must. Maybe we just do our own league next year if the others don't want to large of a group. Not a big deal, just make it our own. We should do LS, MLT, Arlington, Sedro, Lakewood, and maybe Northgate. Finals at the Tac for sure.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

North and South divisions can be done for Washington State Team Golf, but it would required someone from the North end to step up to take care of all the administrative stuff.

If all goes well, TDG can expand to include two divisions with six to eight teams per division with both divisions competing at the Finals.

Too much growth in one year can be bad. Remember, this is only the second year for Team Disc Golf in Washington.

Comment

I know of at least 9 people right now who are in the north end that want to play this year. Lets get this going. Fill us in on the details and let me know what needs to be done to get this going.

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
          North and South divisions can be done for Washington State Team Golf, but it would required someone from the North end to step up to take care of all the administrative stuff.

If all goes well, TDG can expand to include two divisions with six to eight teams per division with both divisions competing at the Finals.

Too much growth in one year can be bad. Remember, this is only the second year for Team Disc Golf in Washington.
          Who says we're not talking about Team Golf for next year? This could be part of the decision for what teams and such get involved next year... no one else seems to want to talk this out on the forum so I thought I would take the leap. Besides there can be two team golfs if need be, I don't see an issue with that especially with different areas. Hell Steili had their own Team Golf over the summer, why can't the North end have it's own over Spring or late Summer/Fall?
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I would like to see team golf take place this winter up north. Everyone I have talked to has been gung ho for this to happen this winter. Lets get this thing rolling. Why put it off another year, when there is interest for the here and now? Unless you are talking about next year being winter of 2011, then thats cool.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X