X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spokane Chilly "Ice Bowl" - Saturday, Feb 5th Highbridge

Well, tournament Season is over and it's time to think of the Holidays and the ICE BOWL.

This year's Ice Bowl will again be held at Highbridge Park DGC and will follow past years format.

• One Round Random Draw Doubles
    • Pro Division
    • Am Division
    • Player's Packs for all players
    • Buy & Use up to 36 Mulligans
    • 2 CTP Race's for the Case (Beer & Pop)
    • Chili Feed included
    • Saturday, February 5, 2010 (SUPER BOWL SATURDAY)
    • Sign-in opens at 9:30am
    • Tee-off at 11 am

Please call Bob @ (509) 991-1807 to reserve your spot, pay in advance or on the day of the event, but please pre-register early.

Our goal this year is to raise $1500 cash and 1000 lbs. of food for the Second Harvest Food Bank of the Inland Northwest.

Get your Boss or Business to sponsor a hole this year.

Download the Flyer/Entry below.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

I am excited for the 2011 Ice Bowl season coming up but man, I hate that Ice Bowl logo. Just looks rediculous. It's too non-disc golf specific. just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
      I am excited for the 2011 Ice Bowl season coming up but man, I hate that Ice Bowl logo. Just looks rediculous. It's too non-disc golf specific. just my 2 cents.
      This is not the disc art!

Comment

That's good to know. Did they include the disc art in the mass e-mail the Ice Bowl peeps sent out recently? If they did I must have missed it and will look again. Thanks Bob.

Comment

How much is it to sponser a hole?
          Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
            How much is it to sponser a hole?
            Hole sponsorship is available for $25 cash (more if you want to donate more) or $100 in schwag or gift certificate.

I'm working on a sponsor form and will be done soon.

Comment

Here's what the disc will look like.

Comment

That's what I was refering to above. I knew that what you posted was just a portion of the entire pic. I hate the design, I just think the Disc Golf World people could have done a better job of focusing more on disc golf and less on girls. Perhaps they are trying to target more women players, not sure, but I think they did a poor job. I know you didn't come up with the design Bob so please don't take offense. This design makes me question whether or not I want to run an "Ice Bowl" this year or run a charity event without that name and come up with a different design. I'll see what my options are. Again, just my 2 cents.

Comment

QUOTE=ScottW;79597]That's what I was refering to above. I knew that what you posted was just a portion of the entire pic. I hate the design, I just think the Disc Golf World people could have done a better job of focusing more on disc golf and less on girls. Perhaps they are trying to target more women players, not sure, but I think they did a poor job. I know you didn't come up with the design Bob so please don't take offense. This design makes me question whether or not I want to run an "Ice Bowl" this year or run a charity event without that name and come up with a different design. I'll see what my options are. Again, just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. Women playing discgolf...awesome. Women on discs...
                  Last edited by JR Stengele; October 22nd, 2010, 07:07 PM. Reason: Cause I can
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

In case you forgot

The Icebowl motto is still ' No Wimps, No Whiners' so which are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                      The Icebowl motto is still ' No Wimps, No Whiners' so which are you?
                      Fair enough. I just meant toward dg in general, not just this RPG girl on this disc. Looks like someone from a scifi movie. Funny comment btw.
                      Last edited by JR Stengele; October 22nd, 2010, 02:02 PM.
                      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Scott, you are totally within your rights to not run an Ice Bowl this year if you don't like the artwork.

The Ice Bowl is an event designed to help our local communities. Maybe someone else in your area will run the tournament.

I've got some cheese to go with that whine.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                          That's what I was refering to above. I knew that what you posted was just a portion of the entire pic. I hate the design, I just think the Disc Golf World people could have done a better job of focusing more on disc golf and less on girls. Perhaps they are trying to target more women players, not sure, but I think they did a poor job. I know you didn't come up with the design Bob so please don't take offense. This design makes me question whether or not I want to run an "Ice Bowl" this year or run a charity event without that name and come up with a different design. I'll see what my options are. Again, just my 2 cents.
                          Why didn't you design something for them???

Comment

Sounds to me like Scott is willing and has ran charity events before and is planning on running yet another one. In this case he may not call it an"ICE" bowl but it will do the same thing. I give him props for doing so especially if it makes his event more desirable to go to and hence makes more money for charity which is really what its all about, not wine and cheese or wimps or whiners.
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                              Why didn't you design something for them???
                              HAH! What a fabulous idea Bob. He should get right on that huh?
                              Relax and enjoy your hair
                              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X