Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My theory on what went down, regarding the artwork.

Disc Golf World: Hey, you're a pretty good artist, right? Wanna do some artwork for our upcoming tournament?

Artist: Sure, why not!

DGW: It's called "The Ice Bowl," and it's a wintertime tournament.

A: Cool, I've got some ideas....

--time passes--

A: Here you go!

DGW: Ummm, it's an ice queen and an polar bear? With armor?

A: It's a panserbjorne. You know, from "The Golden Compass."

DGW: Ah.

A: You don't like it?

DGW: Well, it doesn't have very much to do with disc golf....

A: Oh. Well, I can add a basket in the background. You could always photoshop a disc in the foreground if you want.

DGW: Whatever. We've got to get this artwork out....

In any case, nobody says that you have to do an Ice Bowl through DGW. Any charity tournament in the wintertime qualifies as an "Ice Bowl" in my opinion.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Indeed, the logo is just a logo - no one has to use it or buy discs. Ice Bowl HQ does some really cool stuff to make these charity events happen - the artwork over the years is just one of thier strong points I think it has been the same artist for a while no?

I've always just gone with ordering custom stamps from Innova or Discraft for Ice Bowl events and have still partnered with IBHQ to help the cause.

No matter what the custom stamp is, I'm sure the Highbridge Ice Bowl will be a blast and if it raises $$$ for charity, you really can't get much better than that!
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
        Indeed, the logo is just a logo - no one has to use it or buy discs. Ice Bowl HQ does some really cool stuff to make these charity events happen - the artwork over the years is just one of thier strong points I think it has been the same artist for a while no?
        Could be...in the few Ice Bowls I've been part of, I haven't gotten one of the "official" discs.

I'm a little loopy after a crazy week at work, with a flaky overtime crust and was just having fun with the discussion at hand. No slight intended to the Ice Bowl, the artist, or the Spokane crew.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Ha, no doubt Tim

mmm...flaky overtime crust
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Conspiracy Theorists UNITE

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            My theory on what went down, regarding the artwork.

In any case, nobody says that you have to do an Ice Bowl through DGW. Any charity tournament in the wintertime qualifies as an "Ice Bowl" in my opinion.
            So I was sitting with my friend Oliver S, when he read this post out loud It brought a tear to my old near sighted eyes. yada! yada! yada! Then, with almost Glenn Beck like pride I realized that my legacy is complete and all the rest is just gravy covering up a pile of ...

The only TWO Ice Bowl requirements are:
            It has to fall between the middle of Jan to the end of Feb
            It has to benefit a local charity throught either food or cash donations
            rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              Could be...in the few Ice Bowls I've been part of, I haven't gotten one of the "official" discs.

I'm a little loopy after a crazy week at work, with a flaky overtime crust and was just having fun with the discussion at hand. No slight intended to the Ice Bowl, the artist, or the Spokane crew.
              Again, seconded. We play to support the charaties and the local clubs. I appreciate anyone who runs one.
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Hey Bob, how about that sponsor form?
                Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Ice Bowl Sponsor Form

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
                  Hey Bob, how about that sponsor form?
                  Here's the entry form. Download the attachment below.

All sponsors will have Tee Sign recognition if their form is turned in, on or before Feb. 1, 2011.

This year cash sponsorship has it's rewards:

• $50 cash Sponsors will receive a paid entry into the tournament
                  • $100 cash Sponsors will receive a paid entry and 36 mulligans
                  • $150 cash Sponsors will receive a paid entry, 36 mulligans and an Ice Bowl Beanie

So ask your boss or a local business if they would like to sponsor you and the Spokane Food Bank with a cash sponsorship.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Ice Bowl Prizes

The Ice Bowl Merchandise arrived yesterday afternoon.

Kevin moved #11 to the lower position so players won't need ice picks and climbing gear to play the hole.

Kevin and crew have been shoveling out the holes to make the course easier to walk.

We're working on getting supplies for the Chili Feed and the Race for the Case.

If anyone would like to pre-register they may print the entry form attached below and then give me a call.

I'll have a few Ice Bowl items out at 4 Mound on Saturday if anyone wants to look and/or buy something.

I've also attached a Sponsorship from for those that would like to sponsor the Ice Bowl.

Comment

Snow Blowers

As we get closer to the Ice Bowl date I'd like to see if there are any golfers out there that would help snow blow the course at Highbridge. I have an old Sears two stage blower but would like to get at least two more to help.

I would like to get set up for snow blowing on Feb. 3 & 4, 2011.

So if you have a snow blower and would like to help clear the course, post so on this thread or send me a PM or call me at 991-1807.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        Scott, you are totally within your rights to not run an Ice Bowl this year if you don't like the artwork.

The Ice Bowl is an event designed to help our local communities. Maybe someone else in your area will run the tournament.

I've got some cheese to go with that whine.

I like the design.. Some hot chick on a disc HELL YEAH!!!!!

Comment

i'll help Bob,
                          I have no snow blower but still willing.
                          When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Snow Blowers???

Due to the crazy weather we are having we may not need snow blowers for clearing the course for Ice Bowl. Let's just keep them on stand-by for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                              Due to the crazy weather we are having we may not need snow blowers for clearing the course for Ice Bowl. Let's just keep them on stand-by for now.
                              You might want to think about handing out sunglasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                                You might want to think about handing out sunglasses.
                                and swamp gear !

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X