X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle DGC Championships 10/3

I tried to find the thread to "bump" it, but I couldn't find it.

1st round at North Park (I believe it usually starts at 10 a.m.), and 2nd round at Terrace. Come on out everybody and support the club AND have fun playing this yearly event!

Figures.........another decent tournament that was not announce properly.........someone needs to get on the ball (disc).
    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by SPIDER-DAN View Post
      Figures.........another decent tournament that was not announce properly.........someone needs to get on the ball (disc).
      Dan It's almost like Seattle Discfunctional GC does not want anyone to know about or be involved with this championship.

Maybe there needs to be a rule here
      If you want to pimp your event it needs to be at least one month prior to it's date.
      rewindb.com

Comment

I heard a rumor that they were going to use the $1,000 doubles fund that Thomas donated back to someone as payouts for this tourney.....

Did that really happen?
        Last edited by LakeStevensBA; October 3rd, 2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

THIS IS FROM PART OF AN EMAIL THAT WAS SENT OUT REMINDING PEOPLE OF AN ACEPOT. THIS INDIVIDUAL SENDING OUT THE EMAIL IS ONE OF THE MOST RESPECTIVE AND RELIABLE DISC GOLFERS I KNOW AND IN NO WAY SHOULD THIS REFLECT ON HIM.

"You may also be interested to hear about the upcoming Seattle Club Championships which will be taking place at North Park & Terrace Creek on October 3rd. This is lieu of the first Sunday North Park acepot and therefore the $500+ sitting in that acepot will be up for grabs at that event. Lowell is running it and says that the field is limited to 45 players because of the number of holes at N. Park."

THIS WAS SENT OUT ON SEPT. 16TH AND THIS IS THE ONLY INFORMATION BESIDES WHAT KEN SMITH JUST PUT OUT YESTURDAY ON THIS FORUM THAT I WAS ABLE TO GET A HOLD OF. WAS THIS JUST MEANT FOR SEATTLE DISC GOLF CLUB MEMBERS? WAS THIS A C-TIER OR B-TIER EVENT? WAS WE SUPPOSE TO REGISTER SOMEWHERE BEFORE HAND OR JUST SHOW UP AND HOPE WE ARE NOT THE 46TH PLAYER?

A GREAT SPEECH WAS MADE AT THE WA STATE DISC GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS TOURNAMENT REFERRING TO HOW WE AS A DISC GOLF COMMUNITY NEED TO COME TOGETHER AND STOP ALL THE BICKERING AND BRING BACK THE HARMONY THAT ONCE WAS.......ALMOST BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE. WOW.... WHAT AN INCREDIBLE LIE THAT WAS. PLEASE DO NOT CONTRADICT YOURSELF BY CONSTANTLY BREAKING DOWN COMMUNICATIONS ON DISC GOLF EVENTS THAT PLAYERS WOULD ENJOY PARTICIPATING IN. IM SORRY IF ANYONE FEELS I AM OUT OF LINE, BUT IF ITS HARMONY YOU WANT THEN STEP UP THE PLATE AND PROPERLY REPRESENT IT.

SORRY JUB I COULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE DNF DOUBLES.....DARN. I WILL MAKE IT TO ONE ........I KNOW I WOULD REALLY ENJOY IT. AS OF NOW I AM SIGNED UP FOR THE SILVER COYOTE INTV. AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I JUST WANT TO PLAY......NO MATTER HOW BIG AN EVENT OR HOW SMALL..... NO MATTER HOW BIG THE PAYOUT OR IF ANY AT ALL......... I JUST WANT TO PLAY DISC GOLF.

Comment

Yeah, I wrote that note as a part of the larger message I sent out about the Lakewood monthly acepot to the email list I have for Lakewood related events. Anyone that's interested in joining that list is welcome to go to the Lakewood website and shoot me an email requesting inclusion. I included that info since I figured that most of the folks on that list would have an interest in the Seattle Club Championship too. I didn't do any further promotion of event since 1) I wasn't running it. 2) I wasn't asked to. 3) I figured I probably wasn't playing in it, and 4) There were only 45 spots available. I did have someone ask me about what they should do if they wanted to be sure to have a spot and I told them they should probably call Lowell and work it out directly with him. It's fairly obvious that Lowell is, at best, quite reluctant to join the wonderful world of the internet so trying to contact him through the web is bound to be fruitless and frustrating. And, no, it wasn't a pdga sanctioned event. Regarding his words at the beginning of WA States at Steilly... I don't doubt his sincerity but I think the disc golf scene has changed a lot since the days he was referring to and I don't think he's particularly sensitive to or in sync with those changes. Simply put, there are a lot more playing disc golf in a lot of different ways.

One thing that I have come to realize is that different events have different levels of promotion required. For the last eight years I've run a largish sanctioned event with the goal of providing the most quality, value and fun to the most disc golfers. Getting the word out about the events has always been a priority too so when I'd see someone running an event without that in mind I used to see that as a shortcoming. It took a while but it finally dawned on me that I can't make other TDs prioritize attendance at there events. If they just want it to be a local event without a lot of hoopla then it should be no surprise that there's going to be a minimum outreach. You (or I) may find that frustrating but it is what it is. On the positive side there's the fact that there are more events of all different types going on at more and more local courses so we do have more choices of events to choose from now.

Similarly, I love to see tourney results and I'd love to know who the latest Seattle Club Champion is, and if anyone hit the $600 ace today. Hmmm, guess I'll have to make a phone call or two to find out. Cheers, EE

Comment

Originally posted by ericedge View Post
              Yeah, I wrote that note as a part of the larger message I sent out about the Lakewood monthly acepot to the email list I have for Lakewood related events. Anyone that's interested in joining that list is welcome to go to the Lakewood website and shoot me an email requesting inclusion. I included that info since I figured that most of the folks on that list would have an interest in the Seattle Club Championship too. I didn't do any further promotion of event since 1) I wasn't running it. 2) I wasn't asked to. 3) I figured I probably wasn't playing in it, and 4) There were only 45 spots available. I did have someone ask me about what they should do if they wanted to be sure to have a spot and I told them they should probably call Lowell and work it out directly with him. It's fairly obvious that Lowell is, at best, quite reluctant to join the wonderful world of the internet so trying to contact him through the web is bound to be fruitless and frustrating. And, no, it wasn't a pdga sanctioned event. Regarding his words at the beginning of WA States at Steilly... I don't doubt his sincerity but I think the disc golf scene has changed a lot since the days he was referring to and I don't think he's particularly sensitive to or in sync with those changes. Simply put, there are a lot more playing disc golf in a lot of different ways.

One thing that I have come to realize is that different events have different levels of promotion required. For the last eight years I've run a largish sanctioned event with the goal of providing the most quality, value and fun to the most disc golfers. Getting the word out about the events has always been a priority too so when I'd see someone running an event without that in mind I used to see that as a shortcoming. It took a while but it finally dawned on me that I can't make other TDs prioritize attendance at there events. If they just want it to be a local event without a lot of hoopla then it should be no surprise that there's going to be a minimum outreach. You (or I) may find that frustrating but it is what it is. On the positive side there's the fact that there are more events of all different types going on at more and more local courses so we do have more choices of events to choose from now.

Similarly, I love to see tourney results and I'd love to know who the latest Seattle Club Champion is, and if anyone hit the $600 ace today. Hmmm, guess I'll have to make a phone call or two to find out. Cheers, EE
              Very well put, Mr. Edgerton ... I completely agree.

Here's what I remember in terms of winners:

Aaron Holly won Open with 12 down (Ming and Frank Lewis tied for second with 7 down).

Frank won Pro Masters

Aaron Thor won Advanced (I think he was 1 down for the day?, maybe 2)

Bob Brown won Adv. Masters (he was 5 over, I was 8 over and Ace Berg was 9 over)

Intermediate male ... I can't remember ... sorry :-(

Pro womens won by Jesse (sp?)

Adv. womens won by Sam

Int. womens I can't remember ... sorry again.

Comment

Thank you Eric.........you have always been on the ball in just about every situation that has come to your attention.

Sorry for the little bit of outburst and the all caps was not intended..... usually the forum automatically corrects that for me and i took that for granted..........i was not yelling.........in fact, i am half asleep.

Please continue with the emails for i do read and enjoy them.......again you are a great asset to the disc golf community.

Comment

I think you have to be a Seattle Disc Golf Club member in order to play this event. That is what I heard and understood.

Comment

I too was touched by lowells little speech at States Then I remembered the BS with Tom and the Terrace Ace Pot. How lowell called Miller to ask him "to get me to lighten up on him online" then less than one day after he blasts Tom through his little minion sam (another fine piece of work imnsho) about how Tom had stolen $1000 from the club. Then they moved to face book with the aforementioned sam as it's only moderator.

Anyway
                    lowell is not worth the effort to support in any capacity.

The Seattle DISCFUNCTIONAL Golf Club's events should be boycotted until the club functions properly and/or lowell is replaced.

I also think this site does a dis-service by allowing him and his cronies to continue to leach support off/from LEGITIMATE, ORGANIZED, FUNCTIONING clubs and events.

KEN, Quit being a mouth piece for this shill. He does not deserve yours or anyone else's support.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

I think you have to be a Seattle Disc Golf Club member in order to play this event. That is what I heard and understood.
                      Actually, anyone can play and club membership, as I understand it, is based solely on playing in this tourney> you play in the tourney= you're a member of the club.

Jub, I would feel the need to defend Lowell against your slanderous jibberish, but you've proven so many times that you don't know wtf you're talking about, I'll just let your reputation speak for itself.
                      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

It seems that this year that rule is no longer in effect. Where you play and you become a member automatically. No one who wasn't a member before the tournie, is a member now. The dues to belong to the Seattle Disc Golf Club have gone up to $20.00 per year.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                          I too was touched by lowells little speech at States Then I remembered the BS with Tom and the Terrace Ace Pot. How lowell called Miller to ask him "to get me to lighten up on him online" then less than one day after he blasts Tom through his little minion sam (another fine piece of work imnsho) about how Tom had stolen $1000 from the club. Then they moved to face book with the aforementioned sam as it's only moderator.

Anyway
                          lowell is not worth the effort to support in any capacity.

The Seattle DISCFUNCTIONAL Golf Club's events should be boycotted until the club functions properly and/or lowell is replaced.

I also think this site does a dis-service by allowing him and his cronies to continue to leach support off/from LEGITIMATE, ORGANIZED, FUNCTIONING clubs and events.

KEN, Quit being a mouth piece for this shill. He does not deserve yours or anyone else's support.
                          Actually, my ulterior motive was not to promote but to get the word out again as I wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only adv. masters to play. Fortunately Bob and Rob (Ace) were there and they're good guys to play with (yes, I can now handle Bob's ego ... he's a fantastic player, and Rob is a gentleman). Ken ... Out.

Comment

I think alot of clubs should look at the mason county disc golf club and take notes on how they ran thier series this year. Overall one of the best experiences i have ever had playing in my 16 years as a disc golfer. Great tournaments at a low cost, great courses (shelton springs mainly), awesome crew (those guys are second to none), annoucements that were clear and posted properly and every one that wanted to participate in the mason county disc golf championships was very welcomed with open arms. I for one became a member of the mcdgc because of effort the club put out to invite and welcome anyone that want to come play.

Steilly is my home, but the only club i am paid up to now is mason county. I am not saying that every other club out there is horrible....... I am sure most are great. I just want to urge the fact that allowing participation with proper annoucements will bring more players and potential future members. Who says you cant be a member of 7 different clubs........ Chainbangerz looks like a good one to look into..........hmmmmm.

Comment

That's a great endorsement of the MCDGC Dan. Although I haven't yet been able to make it out to one of their events I have noticed all of the things you wrote about and they really do look like they're doing everything right. Striving to make players feel welcome and running fun events is going to pay big dividends for them in the long run. I hope to get out there before too long.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X