X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howliewood 8--Aliens Ate My Disc -October 30/31

That is correct my fine feathered earthlings. Howliewood has returned and is going to rock your world. If you have played before, prepare for more disc looniness. If you have not played before, then it is time for you to step up and discover what all the hub-bub is about.

The event is on October 30th and 31st. We will be having the costume mandatory singles event on Saturday and the infamous semi-random flip Howlie Doubles on Sunday.

Cost is a super cheap $35 for Saturday and $15 for Sunday.

There will be a flier posted on Dalaiwood.com later tonight so that you may have all of the information. The singles event will be two rounds with the first round being groups (up to 5) that the competitiors set up. The field is limited to the first 90 paid entrants so I suggest you get your groove on and sign up as we are already half full.

Any questions before the flier goes up, ask them here, pm me, email or phone at (253) 853-1914. I will try not to be as incredibly lame as I have been and actually get back to you in a fairly quick manner.

Until then, watch out for plastic devouring aliens........

Later,
    Scott Papa
    Team Discraft
    Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Yay! Howliewood is awesome. Best event of the year. Defenitly a can't miss tourney.
    A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Funnest event ever!!!
      WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

We are signed up and we can't wait! We have been hearing about this event since Whiners in the Woods... so we have been looking forward to it!
        www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
        www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

Comment

I am sooooo looking foward to this one. The kid and I look forward to dressing up and this will also be my first tourney of any kind. WOOT!

Comment

Alright, so we are well into October now and stuff is happening to prepare the course. How much stuff you may ask? Well, we are shutting the course down starting October 16th in order to start setting up all of our goodies! That's right, it takes a solid two weeks to set up this course along with the untold hours of preperation throughout the year.

So just to let you all know, the event is already at over 60 people pre-registered. So if you are a pro-crastinater or an am-crastinater now is NOT the time to be dilly-dallying around. Go to www.dalaiwood.com/howliewood.htm and download a flyer to get the info and send us your entry. Remember, only the first ninety PAID entries will be accepted so don't miss out!

More info and other fun stuff coming up in the next day or two so watch this thread.....

Later,
            Scott Papa
            Team Discraft

Comment

So here we are, two weeks out and we are down to fifteen spots available for this once in a disc golf lifetime event. Don't be THAT golfer that misses out on this opportunity by one spot....sign up now!

As for more info as promised......

Special guest Mike Wagner will be here from Discraft! He is the man that runs all of the molding and is basically the guy that makes all of your favorite Discraft plastic happen. He knows more about discs that you can imagine so this is a great time to bend his ear with questions, whether it be on Discraft specifically or just on disc tech in general....

Without giving too much away, there will be NO USDGC themed hole so there will be no stroke and distance on the course.....

And in very cool news for night golfers or disc lovers or collectors in general, we will be having in our hot little hands very soon a very limited disc. From now until the event we will be selling Glo Z ....wait for it, wait for it....Comets as fund raisers for the event. These discs are rare as they have not been made before and were produced specifically for this event and may never be produced again! The first 50 will be sold at the amazingly low price of $20 american. Don't pass up this one cuz you may never get another chance!

Okay, back to work on more props!

Later,
              Scott Papa
              Team Discraft

Comment

Looking forward to this one! (as always)

If any of you past Howliewooders have any Howliewood 3-d glow MRV's laying around, bring em up, I'll take them all!
                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post

Special guest Mike Wagner will be here from Discraft! He is the man that runs all of the molding and is basically the guy that makes all of your favorite Discraft plastic happen.
                  Mike Wagner?!? Sweet! I got to play one round with him during the '08 Am Worlds.

Comment

Here we are less than a week away and things are geting busy out at Dalaiwood. The course is now closed through the first week of November and it is really starting to take shape. The course is really changing up this year with lots of new stuff! But don't worry, your old favorites are still around too so the fun just got bigger!

Through the unfortunate circumstance of work and illness and the like, we now have at least three more spots now vacant and possibly a fourth. If you were thinking about coming but afraid you missed your chance, here's your second chance. If you want to fill a spot call (253) 853-1914 and we will hopefully be able to make you one of the lucky ones that squeezed in.

Also, the Glo Z Comets are here and they are going fast. Don't miss your chance at the original low price of $20 for one of the first 50 that we are selling. This is the first time this disc has ever been produced and quite likely the last time it will be made. It's gonna be really hard to find, get it? If you like Comets, or glow golf or both, now is the time to get on this deal. After the first fifty are gone I can guarantee the price will go up as they only get even more rare after that. This is a run of 150 discs and that's not many. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that the only stamp on it is the ever so cool Howliewood 8-Aliens Ate My Disc stamp. Super-keen and neato! And as a last note, for you players signed up, this disc is NOT in your player packs so please know that you have been warned!

Gotta go get back to building.....Later!

Papa
                    Team Discraft

Comment

i got my spot......i got my spot....now i need a costume

Comment

Those of you attending please take and post some photos ~ sounds like a real fun event.

Comment

Pictures don't give the event enough credit.

Video might help, but ultimately you have to be there to fully appreciate the experience and surprises.

Comment

even if u can't play. u can still dress up and come out and have dinner...i belive for just food its $10

Comment

I did not sign up because i thought I might have to work. If there ends up being any open spots come saturday pls let me know. Mason County DG needs to have a good costume rep there.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X