Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flippen Ze Disc 2 - October 9/10

Format Changed!!!!!

We will be playing 27 Holes the first day at squilchuck state park and then 27 at lincoln rock state park sunday. There will be tee times!!!! we will start the rec and intemediate players first and so on! starting at 8am starts.... I will be posting tee times on flippen ze disc 2 facebook page and the forum! Any ?'s call me at 509-393-9898 Todd Saunders

Camping is at Squilchuck State park and is included if youve signed up on pdga, otherwise it will be a 5 dollar fee for camping and parking!

Any hotels close to downtown will be central for both venues. 15 min either way from city center!

We will be serving bratwurst, burgers and stuff on saturday thanks to studebakers!

Sunday you will pack up your stuff from squilchuck and be down to lincoln rock state park for 27 holes then awards (no final 9)!

Thanks Tadddddddddddddddd
    rewindb.com

Comment

Interesting......

If some of us ditch work to come over early on friday any chance the Squilchuck park we be set up to play???
      WORK LESS THROW MORE
      http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Do I need to make reservations at that campground or is it assumed already since I am signed up?

Do I get to reserve a certain spot so I can ensure I am nowhere near Prosser? I don't want to be close to him when the zip tie crew rolls through and I really don't want to be close to him when he wakes up and finds out he can't get out of his tent.

Flippin Ze Discs ROCKS!

Comment

Figured this would be helpful so folks wouldn't have to seek out the other thread...

October 9/10
          here is the flyer for the event! Hope to see you all there and get signed up online at pdga or send me the flyer and money!!!!
          This year the tourney will be in wenatchee at the squilchuck state park and lincoln rock state park...
          There will be camping at squilchuck state park for an additional $5.
          We will be holding a dinner sat night at squilchuck also!
          Get back with me for any ?'s at turboputt@yahoo.com

Attached Images
          File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (580.4 KB, 55 views)

sorry, couldn't get the attachment to upload... security token?
          Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; September 22nd, 2010, 02:56 PM.
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Spelling change?

The flyer posted says Flippin' yet is posted in a thread labeled Flippen.

I might be dumb but I originally looked up Flippin ze disc on facebook, it gave me nothing of help...
            Only after some wonderment did look up Flippen ze disc, and I then i happened upon the site:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118675474843309

Just want to make sure its the correct place where tee times will be posted.

Either way I can't wait!!!
            When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Camping Details

Still curious about the camping...
              Is it at the group site? Are there showers? Can't find any details....

Comment

REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSING 10/1/10 FRI EVENING ONLINE!!!!! LAST DAY FOR REGISTRATION BY FLIER IS THE 6TH!!!!!!!!!!!! iF i DONT HAVE IT BY THEN "TOUGH BEANS" i HAVE TOLD, REMINDED AND YOU HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT! SORRY BUT YOU HAVE SLACKED TO LONG!!!!!

Comment

Camping at Flippin Ze Disc

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                  Still curious about the camping...
                  Is it at the group site? Are there showers? Can't find any details....
                  Yes there is a camping area at squilchuck and there is a shower and bathrooms! We have all the sites and the wholearea to ourselves! We will be camping at squilchuck. We also have the lodge rented for saturday and Sun. there are bathrooms there also..... and a porti potti at the bottom of the property.....

Comment

Todd,
                    It's offical this slacker will be there, again thanks for adding me to the roster. Will be driving up Saturday morning, let me know what's up with tee times, anyway of posting in the forum?
                    Thanks!
                    Got Rain!

Comment

Originally posted by Flippenzdisc View Post
                      Format Changed!!!!!
                      Todd Got times yet? at least AM or PM?

Where is check in?
                      What time will it begin?
                      Will there be doubles?

Can I be a bigger pain?
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                        Todd Got times yet? at least AM or PM?

Where is check in?
                        What time will it begin?
                        Will there be doubles?

Can I be a bigger pain?
                        Only if you try a little harder.
                        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Flippin' Awesome

Having missed last year's inaugural Flippin' Ze Disc I was psyched to be able to make it out to Wenatchee for the 2010 version of what is sure to be a classic event for years to come. Todd and Kevin, along with many others I'm sure, put together a great event on two temp courses with wildly different personalities. I felt really comfortable playing the woodsy Mt. course on Saturday and it seemed like almost every shot was just coming out of my hand so cleanly. I had a new ginormous umbrella which kept me nice a dry during the round and the putts just kept falling in. Sunday's round at Lincoln rock started off with a slightly scary shot over the water and then played through 27 holes of either lush manicured grass or rocky, dry, desert like terrain. Moderate winds made disc selection a little tricky at times. The 50 foot x half mile fairway along the top of the park was interesting, about 6 holes were placed up there. A dead straight line of large, well established trees with trunks about 15-20 feet apart ran down the entire length of the grassy strip which was bordered by a paved, OB road. Varied hole lengths and basket placements (including a high, hanging basket) made for some tricky up shots. I thoroughly enjoyed playing both courses and it would be really cool to see them get permanently installed in one form or another.

Thanks again to the Wenatchee/Levenworth/Cashmere crew that put this whole thing together. The courses were awesome and all the little details like custom designed tourney scorecards, banners, tee signs and discs made Flippin' Ze Disc a really special event. Beyond that, all I can say is that the payout was off the hook and just goes to show what can be done when the local community comes out a supports a tournament like this. Huge props to all the donors!

I hope you guys decide to do it all again next year! Cheers, EE

Comment

What a great tournament once again. Two incredible courses, a great campground, and the locals really ran a good tourney with very generuous payouts! Wenatchee, Todd, and Prosser, and all the other locals pulled off another year of my favorite tournament. Excellent job everyone!

Here's a good article in the Wenatchee paper:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...comes-to-town/

That 's Cajun, BA, Ed, and Todd Bates getting ready to laugh at another of Prosser's crappy drives....

Great times!
                            Last edited by LakeStevensBA; October 12th, 2010, 06:41 PM.

Comment

jessie is hot

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                              What a great tournament once again. Two incredible courses, a great campground, and the locals really ran a good tourney with very generuous payouts! Wenatchee, Todd, and Prosser, and all the other locals pulled off another year of my favorite tournament. Excellent job everyone!

Here's a good article in the Wenatchee paper:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/photos/2010/oct/11/65212/

That 's Cajun, BA, Ed, and Todd Bates getting ready to laugh at another of Prosser's crappy drives....

Great times!
                              Thanks for the shout out, BA. I'm easily missed behind Prosser who stole my big photo op wearing an upside-down shirt. I didn't see anyone not having a good time! Disc golf rocks!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X