Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree.
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
      I disagree.
      Mike,
      Bobs point follows a logical conclusion of the facts*

What is it you disagree with with?

* Disclaimer Bob has stats for 5 + years of INWS attendance to base his conclusion on.

Bob This might help explain the issues

Can you generate the %'s for (of the final number of total qualifiers)
      How many qualify as iron arms?
      How many qualify as quickly as possible?
      Do they attend events after they have qualified?
      How many need the entire series to be qualifiers?

and the most important questions
      How often are they willing to travel to qualify?
      How far are they willing to travel to qualify? (more than 50 miles round trip)

Can you also post the results on the planning site.

I am really trying hard here NOW, Bob
      Thanks man
      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
        The true participation booster is to count all events and throw no points out. This system also favors a smaller amount of tournaments.

It also begs the question, how committed are you to winning.
        I think the prospect of having to play all of the events would discourage players from playing the WSS events over others.

Comment

I'm not sure why this conversation is taking place here.

Anyway, the point of throwing away scores is so the player only needs to count their best scores. If the player qualifies early in the season but doesn't have good scores, they will have reason to continue competing in order to improve their overall score. If the player qualifies early in the season and has good scores, then the player will not have as much need to participate in each remaining event.

I am certainly not trying to trap every player into playing every event. The player should want to play the event or they should feel the need to play to compete for the position they would like to finish in.

Mike Rideout
          WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Valid answer Maybe if bob can answer my Q's we can hypothesize some some sort of solution.

I think the points discussion should be shared publicly. Clearly the series site is where the discussion is moving forward this is just posting basic info about an important subject. Now that Kenny's on board (subject instigator) he can participate there also.
            rewindb.com

Comment

Hot of the press

Mike has decided to (once again try and) head up the 2011 Series

Mike we both need to post our ideas here so all can see.

It is my belief as many people possible should join the 2011 Series discussion group. The 10 people who can/will make the decision are just not enough.

The vote between Mike and I will Open on Fri the 15th and go till Mon 8PM. but you have to be a member of the group to vote

This will be your one and only chance to have your voice heard. This is unless I get the nod.
              rewindb.com

Comment

I would like to see more participation on the invitational google group as well. Anyone that wants to be involved in decision making about the way the series is formated or is even thinking of running a series event next year should seriously consider joining. By joining the group you aren't making any sort of commitment to participate but you are giving yourself the opportunity to have your voice/vote heard. See post #1 on this thread to get on board.

Comment

2010 WSS Points Comparison

Here is a comparison of the 100 pts. for first place / down. and 100 pts. for last place / up using this years Washington State Series Qualifiers.

In my opinion anything other than these two systems would widen the gaps between positions and make the top points in the divisional races seem unobtainable after just a few tournaments.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Thanks Bob! You really are the points guru and your efforts are very much appericated.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X