Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First of all thank you to Scot, Clyde, and Tony for all the assistance that you have given me over the past 2 years and the work all three of you put in making the FWWO a great event. Secondly, thank you to ALL the players. I would like to thank Adam for making sure we had some great pictures. A thank you to Elsom Roofing, Inland Cardiology, Walla Walla University, The Dance Center, PBL, and Hutson Imaging for your donations. Lastly, thank you to the Tri-Cities for allowing us the use of a few baskets to make the ‘black’ course possible.
    With the weather report being ominous we were limited to 18 die hard disc golfers and a cash payout to pros equaling $625. YES!!!!! 625 dollars and yes they got a player’s pack  did I mention there was only 11 pros and we paid out 1st-5th.
    Not only did the top for pros take home 225, 155, 105, and 80 dollars they also qualified for the alternate shot doubles skins. When the tickets sales were tallied we had enough to do $38 dollars a hole or $342 total. Tony and Brian were the big winners taking home 4 skins on the 5th hole and 4 more skins on the 11th hole of the final 9 after a miracle shot by Tony getting out of thick cover giving Brian a gimme putt.
    Thanks to the kindness of the Fort Walla Walla Disc Golf Club, Clyde, Tony, Scot, and myself we were able to provide enough discs for 9 CTP’s and still had enough left over to raffle them off in a second chance drawing. A few highlights of the second chance drawing include a first-run star destroyer, a mislabeled either T-rex or X-Cal and a “lava launch’ roc…yes that one.

The weekend weather held out better than anyone could imagine with even some sunshine both days. The players all showed respect for both the course and each other. For my first event as a TD, my only regret is that only 18 others got to enjoy a great course…I am sure the weather report hampered turnout.
    Thank you again to all the players, sponsors, and others who made this event not only possible but made it a great time.

Other notes:
    We used a semi-protected CTP’s. It means that lower divisions can move upper division flags but upper divisions cannot touch lower divisions. It means that intermediate had 3 chances per round for CTP, advanced 2 and open had 1 per round.
    Ace Pot- we had a $5 buy in but we guaranteed 50% payout using a CTP after the third round if we had no aces. Congrats Ken on your great CTP giving you ½ the pot.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X