Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my question is why did we need really ned to redesign the entire course? The next thing you'll want to do is make the pavement ob. I guess from now on any event at Silver Lake must use existing course. In fact I am going to push that idea NOW.
    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      So my question is why did we need really ned to redesign the entire course? The next thing you'll want to do is make the pavement ob. I guess from now on any event at Silver Lake must use existing course. In fact I am going to push that idea NOW.
      gosh jub, it really sounds like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed! you are the one that is usually making up courses at weird secret locations and stuff.

it sounds like silly is still using the course, but coming up with alternate tee pads for a second round, whats wrong with that???! ALOT of courses do this very same thing for tournaments. and what is wrong with pavement being OB? this is also a VERY common practice for tournaments.

JUb go back to sleep and wake up on the right side of the bed PLEASE!!
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

http://www.discgolfpugetsound.com/Re...ake%20Main.htm

Here is a link for a walking tour of Excalibur. You will notice that
        A. there is a lot of pavement (hence the handicapped accessible holes)
        B. the city has spent time and money designing and installing the holes
        C instead of adding 20 ft here and dropping 15 ft there. Why not play the planned 6 500 ft safari holes. *
        1-*2, 1-7, 1-5,1-8
        2-4,5,7,*6,*8
        3-4,5,*6,7,*8,*9
        4-5,6,8*,9*
        5-8,9*
        6-8,9,1,2*
        7-1,2*,3,4
        8-2,6,9
        9-1*,2*,3,4,5
        rewindb.com

Comment

Thomas,
          I like this idea. I would much rather mix up the 2nd 9 hole rounds than play 4 rounds of the same layout.

Jub,
          There is nothing wrong with the existing layout. When you TD an event here, that gives you the right to say what layout will be played. Be glad I am not involved because I would be pushing for all pavement to be OB.

Peace!

Comment

I would definitely make all pavement ob and across the pavement on some holes. There is nothing like seeing your almost perfect birdie putt spit out and roll thirty feet down the hill across the pavement and then loop back around to the pavement to give you a nice 4p try that you miss because your pissed you got a bad roll out. You can then spend the rest of the day beating yourself up over getting a 5 at silver lake. Sado masicism is what golf is all about. Seriously though if it were me I would make the pavement OB but I understand why people like to keep an easy course easy.
            Read this ^

Comment

Jub, I'm not trying to say you didn't do a good job with the original layout, because I love the layout but I thought it would be fun for everyone to throw something a little different for the second round, even a great course could get boring playing it four times in a row. I'm not sure if you're upset because I changed the layout or because of my layout changes, maybe you wanted a say? I have put my own time and money (currently over $100) into this tournament that I may or may not get back and if I want to add extra tee pads for the second round then I'm going to do so, in fact I think it's my duty to the players that show up to shake things up and make it fun for them. I wasn't planning on making concrete OB knowing how you feel about it because I respect that but honestly I feel that's a fun way to play it. This tournament has only a couple of purposes; Raise money for CDGC, create a camaraderie amongst players and have fun and that is my sole intention for this tournament and if you can't let go and look past your own petty bullshit and see the bigger picture, well I'm not going to feel sorry for you. Sorry to be so harsh but I feel that I have done nothing but try and do positive things with my first PDGA tournament as a director and it seems as if people are only trying to make things hard for me. It's frustrating. Maybe you could have called me or sent me an email/PM when I announced extra tee pads a week ago instead of lambasting me on the forum. I would of never done that to you.
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                Jub, I'm not trying to say you didn't do a good job with the original layout, because I love the layout but I thought it would be fun for everyone to throw something a little different for the second round, even a great course could get boring playing it four times in a row. I'm not sure if you're upset because I changed the layout or because of my layout changes, maybe you wanted a say? I have put my own time and money (currently over $100) into this tournament that I may or may not get back and if I want to add extra tee pads for the second round then I'm going to do so, in fact I think it's my duty to the players that show up to shake things up and make it fun for them. I wasn't planning on making concrete OB knowing how you feel about it because I respect that but honestly I feel that's a fun way to play it. This tournament has only a couple of purposes; Raise money for CDGC, create a camaraderie amongst players and have fun and that is my sole intention for this tournament and if you can't let go and look past your own petty bullshit and see the bigger picture, well I'm not going to feel sorry for you. Sorry to be so harsh but I feel that I have done nothing but try and do positive things with my first PDGA tournament as a director and it seems as if people are only trying to make things hard for me. It's frustrating. Maybe you could have called me or sent me an email/PM when I announced extra tee pads a week ago instead of lambasting me on the forum. I would of never done that to you.
                I support 99% of this post. If not for the grammar at the end, I would have given you 100.

Don't sweat Jub too much, Thomas. You got off relatively light (so far). Be glad you haven't seen some of the stuff in the series discussions.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I thought the real reason for the tournament was for my birthday Thomas? Oh well, I guess serving the dg community, representing CDGC, and trying to run your first tournament will suffice.

PS. I am with Tim, your grammar sucks.
                  But hey, keep living the dream buddy!
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                    I thought the real reason for the tournament was for my birthday Thomas? Oh well, I guess serving the dg community, representing CDGC, and trying to run your first tournament will suffice.

PS. I am with Tim, your grammar sucks.
                    But hey, keep living the dream buddy!
                    Hey, John! I appreciate your honesty, but leave Tom's grandma out of this. After all, he plays just like her...

Comment

http://www.discgolfpugetsound.com/Re...ake%20Main.htm

Here is a link for a walking tour of Excalibur. You will notice that
                      A. there is a lot of pavement (hence the handicapped accessible holes)
                      B. the city has spent time and money designing and installing the holes
                      C instead of adding 20 ft here and dropping 15 ft there. Why not play the planned 6 500 ft safari holes. *
                      1-*2, 1-7, 1-5,1-8
                      2-4,5,7,*6,*8
                      3-4,5,*6,7,*8,*9
                      4-5,6,8*,9*
                      5-8,9*
                      6-8,9,1,2*
                      7-1,2*,3,4
                      8-2,6,9
                      9-1*,2*,3,4,5
                      So playing a "jub-approved" safari course is ok (despite the disaster that crossing fairways would create in a tourney), but changing up tees a little bit is out of the question.

This constant shutting down of anyone who is trying to do something positive is getting old, really old
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

HEY.......THIS IS ON MY BIRTHDAY..........DO I GET ANY SAY? MAYBE PLAY THE FIRST NINE THE ORIGINAL WAY AND THE SECOND NINE THE ALTERNATE WAY. THEN PLAY THE THIRD NINE EITHER THE ORIGINAL OR ALTERNATE AND THE LAST NINE VISE VERSA..........THAT WILL MIX IT UP. YOU DID SAY THAT THERE WOULD BE NO OB ON THE PREVIOUS POST......GLAD YOU ARE STICKING TO THAT......KILLS ME EVERY TIME.

SOUNDS LIKE FUN TOM...........THANKS FOR PUTTING THIS UP. DO YOU NEED ANYMORE CTP PRIZES, ETC. PRIVIATE MESSAGE ME IF SO........
                        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Seis de Noviembre? Feliz Cumpleanos mi amigo! Fantastico!
                          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

YEAH........WHAT HE JUST SAID......
                            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                              So playing a "jub-approved" safari course is ok (despite the disaster that crossing fairways would create in a tourney), but changing up tees a little bit is out of the question.
                              You know when I first started Excaliber(not my first choice) I asked If anyone wanted to walk the land beforehand. It seems to me that if Tom had been involved with those and subsequent visits his ideas might have been considered. Just like BA's, Don, Captain's, Jim O, Jim A, Erik Illg and Yes, yours (Andrew) were.

Most of Tom's suggestions were considered at the time but failed to pass at least one of the tests Most notably the P/R final walk through.

I never though Silver Lake should be a Full field (all divisions) tournament venue in the first place. It will be a great place for Jr's though!

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                              This constant shutting down of anyone who is trying to do something positive is getting old, really old
                              You now Andrew When I first started here I was known as "jubby come lately" just like you. But I have stuck with it, paid dearly for it and hoped to save the new crop of supporters (notice how I did not say players) some of the aggravation.

Before I started
                              Financial Transparency was non existent,
                              Flyer disclosure improved after I started writing my copy
                              I was the only one to TRY a Pro II event in the NW, Split weekend to boot Sat Am, Sun Open
                              Am Trophy only Player Packs,
                              Real Trophies not some half assed photo shop effort.
                              Proposed/executed The Survey with no prior experience or knowledge of the process
                              Proposed the Evaluation of events (still pitching it cause I believe we really need it)
                              Instant Win Basket Toss was an idea Jim O and I thought of

I have spoken to several people (again, you Andrew) about developing a possible "outside the box" revenue stream for all clubs

Some really good ideas (No! they are not all mine) are trying to once again make there way throught the 2011 WSS group. So we will see.

If you ask me, There are two kinds of people
                              People who say they will help and don't (blowhards)
                              and people who say they will help and actually DO HELP!

Now, I know both you and Tom are actually helping, I am just hoping you can learn from the choices and/or mistakes I've made because in the end are'nt we all just trying to make it just a little better
                              jub the hater, naysayer,obstructionist HELPING ass hole
                              rewindb.com

Comment

"jubby come lately"
                                If we all clap hard enough, can we bring this jub back?
                                'Weekend 4 Women':
                                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X