X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiscNW Super Class - September 25 - Lakewood

Announcing the first DiscNW disc golf tournament!

This event is a fundraiser for youth ultimate programs. It is a super class competition. All participants will play one round of disc golf at Lakewood on Saturday, September 25, 2010.

Online registration is now open. The cost is $20 per player.

FAQ:

Why is DiscNW running a disc golf tournament - don't you guys do ultimate stuff?
    We want to have a fun, social event for disc enthusiasts. It will be a fun way for us to encourage ultimate players to try disc golf. And it is all in the name of promoting youth ultimate.

$20 per player - that's a lot! What gives?
    Yes, that is more than other tournaments - especially for only one round of play. This event is a fundraiser for youth ultimate in the area. To learn more about youth ultimate programs, visit our youth page.

Why are you scheduling this so close to the Seattle Superclassic?
    We wanted to have an event in the fall, and there aren't that many open weekends with good weather left. I have talked with Edge about it, and he didn't think that there would be a problem. This event is aiming to attract a different group of players - that is, ultimate players and folks that want to try a very casual golf tournament.

Is this a PDGA event?
    No, this year we are running it on our own. We will look into PDGA sanctioning if we run the event again next year.

Okay, I might be interested. What will be in the players packs?
    The first 50 players to register and pay will receive an Innova Zephyr. All players will receive a DiscNW marker disc. We are working to get more goodies.

More Ultimate players need to try disc golf and vice versa! Hooray for Super Class tourneys!!!! Hooray for fundraisers that support youth playing frisbee!!!

Play this tourney as a warm up to the Seattle Super Classic.

Who's going to play the whole tournament with an Ultrastar?

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
      More Ultimate players need to try disc golf and vice versa! Hooray for Super Class tourneys!!!! Hooray for fundraisers that support youth playing frisbee!!!

Play this tourney as a warm up to the Seattle Super Classic.

Who's going to play the whole tournament with an Ultrastar?

I'm thinking 80 mold if it's legal.
      Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
        I'm thinking 80 mold if it's legal.
        Damn right it is!
        "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

How about the SuperPuppy? is that legal?

Comment

There's a LIST of all the Super Class approved discs, plus more info about Super Class on the pdga website.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X