Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Lakewood Fall Fling to Fight MS

Just a heads up everyone!

The Fall Charity Tournament at Lakewood benefitting the Washington Chapter of the National MS Society is coming up on October 24th year.

More details to follow, but a big thanks to Andrew and Sheila for helping us make it a PDGA sanctioned event this year. Big shout to Eric Edgerton and the Folks at Chainbangerz for supporting this event again this year.

Cheers and Free Beers!

Kevin

Sweet, this was a great tourney last year and I hope to make it again. Thx for the heads up.

Comment

Indeed, I am NOT going to miss this one! Huge ups to Kevin for another year of the Fling
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I want in!
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

2nd Annual Fall Fling to Fight MS

Greetings Friends,

The Fall Fling is coming together nicely again this year. The disc order is in and we upgraded to fly dyes for the players pack this year. It promises to be a fun event again this year with lots of support from Team Free Beer and Chainbangerz. Play It Again Sports, Elliot Bay Brewing, and the Latona Pub have all donated gift certificates for prizes. TFB's BBQ lunch will be in full effect.

Any additional donations of plastic, homebrew, swag.....really ANYTHING to give away as prizes would be greatly appreciated. We also have hole sponsorships open. Businesses or Individuals can sponsor a hole for $25 or more and we'll plaster their logo or mug up on a sandwich board at their T-pad.

As with last year 100% of the proceeds raised at this event will be donated directly to the Greater Washington Chapter of the National MS Society.
          They are a 501(3c) charity and an amazing group of people committed to finding a cure and providing supportive and empowering programs for those our community living with multiple sclerosis.

Here are the details:

Sunday, October 24th 2010

Lakewood Disc Golf course

SW 108th St and 10th Ave SW
          Burien, WA, 98166

PDGA Sanctioned C-Tier Event
          Open to Players of All Levels
          $30 Registration Fee

8:30 AM Check-in
          9:15 AM Registration Cut Off
          10:00 AM Start Round 1
          12:00 PMish Lunch
          1:00 PMish Start Round 2

The beginners division will be a single rounds of play with an awards ceremony after lunch.

Contact the tournament coordinator with any questions or to pre-register
          Tournament Coordinator Kevin Hood
          hoodkevin@gmail.com
          541-990-5557

Hope to see you there.

Cheers and Beers

Kevin

Comment

I hope to see everyone out for the tourney on Sunday. We are looking forward to a great couple of rounds and the fall colors at Lakewood are in full effect.

I was blown away by the generosity of the disc golf community last year and the organizers are playing full out to make this a memorable event again this year. After last years tournament we were able to donate $3000 directly to the MS Society. Thank you for helping directly fund critical programs to support and empower people in our community struggling with Multiple Sclerosis. We have rounded up some great prizes this year, but we can always use more so if you've got something laying around that you don't need but that someone would be stoked to take home for an 8th place finish please bring it with you to registration. Even a 6-pack or a cheap bottle of wine will stoke someone out after a long day on the course. Mac and Jack's has donated a keg of African Amber that we're not sure what to do with so we're thinking discrete $1 solo cups......buy one for your rival.

Please get in touch with me if you have any questions or need additional info.

Cheers!

Kevin
            541-990-5557

Comment

FYI:

The BBQ at lunch will be included in your registration fee. A vegetarian option will be available.

Come hungry!

Comment

You do such a great job with your tourneys Kevin, thank you. I had so much fun doing the Spring Sling at White River. Wish we could make it for Fall Fling, but will not be able to this year. Looking forward to Spring Sling again!
                “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
                ― Khalil Gibran

If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

Comment

Almost time...sounds like Kevin has a lot of cool stuff lined up for tomorrow. Can't really beat BBQ, free discs, and knowing that you are contributing to a great cause that is so relevant to the NW in particular.

See everyone tomorrow!
                  'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Kevin is a super nice guy doing a super great thing for charity and I fully support anything he does but sadly I will not be able to attend as someone has to hold down the fort at the shop. Good luck tomorrow, hopefully the rain holds off. Have fun.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Results are up: http://www.pdga.com/event?TournID=10938

Team Free Beer did an amazing job and the tourney was awesome, congrats team

We had tons of rain, hail, 30mph+ winds and still everyone - even the first-time disc golfers - had a smile on!!!
                      'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X