Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington state championships - sept. 12th (c tier)

Just wanted to bring up this post to basically ask if any of the maps of the two courses that are going to be played will be displayed. I got a 2003 summer classic pro 27 map and a 2002 fort steilacoom open alt. 27 map, but not sure if the normal pro hole 18 is going to be played or if any of the new holes after pro 16 will be added in the mix or not? Are we still playing two 27 hole courses? Thanks.
    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

if the layouts are the unchanged 27 hole layouts...

the pro 27 adds: a hole from SE12 pad to SE 16 basket then a turnover shot right after that, NW 2, NW 8-10 and 11-13 (new layout numbers)

the alt 27 adds: SE 14&15, SE 16 replacing alt 9, a hole from SE 17 to SE 18s basket to replace alt 10, NW 2, NW 8-10 and 11(short)-13 (new layout numbers)

the pro 18 hole is completely playable right now so i dont see why it wouldnt get played, but im not running it so dont take that as concrete evidence.

Comment

I did manage to play the pro 27 today and everything did go well, except my score of course. Only question is: What teepad do we play hole 23 from.......there are three possible teepads. I played from the new teepad just feet from the golf course, but i know that is more than likely not going to be the one. The map i have shows on both the pro 27 and pro alt. 27 to tee off from the teepad far left closest to the road (jason coke teepad). Hoping to get more clarification please..........thank you.

Scored a 83 (+2) with some wind (about 5mph) if anyone cares.
      *double-bogey #3 (second shot hit branch and landed on the road)
      *bogey #11 (over threw basket by 50ft.........stupid)
      *birdie #14 (nothing specail)
      *bogey #18 (as always)
      *birdie #24 (super helix)

Comment

i would assume the new teepad between the jason coke and the old pad will be played, as it was put there to be usable in tournaments. but again, im not the TD

Comment

Could you be the next WA State Champion?

A little info about the upcoming WA State Championships....

This is going to be the 35th annual Doug Newland Memorial WA State Championships, a one day pdga sanctioned "C" tier event at Ft. Steilacoom.

This is the event that Lowell Shields has been running for many, many years but this year the TD is Gordy Kirkpatrick. I'm helping with the online interface, registration and online scoring. As many of you know, in the past this tourney has kind of flown under the radar and a lot of players were frustrated to find out about it a day or two before the event, or possibly after it happened. Gordy is hoping to have a lot more participation this year by making it a one day, sanctioned tournament.

The date is Sunday, September 12th (the day after the ace race at Dalaiwood) and the players meeting is at 8:00 am. You may be wondering why the players meeting is sooo early. The reason for that is the format that Gordy has decided to run... Two rounds of twenty seven holes each on the Pro 27 and Alt 27 courses. Yes, that's a lot of awesome golf and it's going to be an epic day!

Here's the TOURNEY WEBSITE with information and links to the online registration and event flyer.

Gordy is planning to come down to Steilly this Saturday to scope out the course and plan the final course configurations. I don't think he has seen a lot of the changes that the course has gone through this year so he'll probably enjoy having some of the locals there to add their suggestions and other input. Of course he'll have flyers with him as well as a box of custom stamped CFR discs. Champ Katanas & Glo Champ Aviars with the resurrected "Thunderbird" stamp that was one of the earliest custom stamps for the State Championships. Very classy and cool looking!

Gordy does not have a strong online presence but I was able to cajole him into getting a gmail account. If you have questions or comments I would suggest getting in touch with him there (linked to his name at top of post) or giving him a phone call, his number is on the event flyer.

This tourney is approaching fast and it would be great to get everyone's help getting the word out quickly so please tell your friends about it! I think it's going to be a great event and hopefully the most attendance we've seen at States in many a year.

Cheers, Eric

Comment

Way to go Gordy for stepping up on this one!
            "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

See you Sunday?

The (pre)REGISTRATION for WA states has been steadily filling. There's a big contingent from the Whidbey Island DGC coming down to compete which is way cool. I've heard from a good number of folks that they are planning to show up early on Sunday to sign up too. I wonder if it's possible that we'll have 70 players at states this year? I'll be over at Dalaiwood for the Ace Race on Saturday and I'll be happy to take registrations there as well. Hope you can make it, it's going to be a fun one!

Comment

Finally able to play this! Looking forward to 2 rounds of 27 ...

Comment

Online registration for the Washington State Championships will be closing late tonight (Thursday).

Gordy, the TD, said he will still be accepting cash registrations on Sunday morning at the course.

Mike Rideout
                  WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Eric is quite right, the Whidbey Island, DiscAddiction Crew is coming down in force. 8 strong and a couple more possibles, someone is taking that intermediate division title home to the Island!
                    www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
                    www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

Comment

Looking forward to the tournament! Haven't played the Washington States in years!

Comment

You're the man, Spider Dan!
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

THANKS CHUCK.......IM JUST GLAD SCOTT THOUGHT I HAD A FOUR STROKE LEAD ON HIM INSTEAD OF THE TWO STROKE OR HE MIGHT OF PLAYED HARDER........

GOING THE FIRST 40 HOLES WITHOUT A BOGEY HELPS TO.......

Comment

Way to Go! Tuffi! 6 times on the trophy now. Make it seven!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X