• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just placed a personal order for:

Hero 235's (Star and Dx)
    Zephyr's (Dx)
    Te Moko

I'm strongly leaning towards the Hero 235's because after using both the Zephyr and 235 at Lakewood on Sunday, I could throw the 235 further and more accurately. However, the Zephyr has more resistance to turn in general so it makes a good "hyzer" disc for those trick shots. I'm not sure about the Te Moko's because I think the worldwide supply on those things is pretty limited, trying to find 20 or so in a decent weight would probably be pretty difficult.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Can we pull out the Discraft 175g Ultrastar if needed? There are a lot of ultimate players with a pile of these sitting around.

Comment

Does anyone know where i can get the regs on what discs we can use for this.

Comment

Everything you might want to know on Super Class: http://www.pdga.com/super-class

Can we pull out the Discraft 175g Ultrastar if needed? There are a lot of ultimate players with a pile of these sitting around.
          Yes, but you might find the J-Star (Junior Ultimate disc also made by Discraft) with a diameter like the Zephyr works a little better, especially for putting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
            Everything you might want to know on Super Class: http://www.pdga.com/super-class

Yes, but you might find the J-Star (Junior Ultimate disc also made by Discraft) with a diameter like the Zephyr works a little better, especially for putting.
            Thanks
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Here's another question...will Chainbangerz be stocking some Superclass discs soon?
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Here's another question...will Chainbangerz be stocking some Superclass discs soon?
                YES!! Chainbangerz now has Zephyrs and some other random Superclass discs. I can tell you that these were just stocked today and I have already sold one! They might be going quick. No Hero 235 discs in though....yet.
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Sweet! I like the Hero 235s, but I'm interested in trying some other models out too. Any chance of Te Mokos being stocked?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Sweet! I like the Hero 235s, but I'm interested in trying some other models out too. Any chance of Te Mokos being stocked?
                    Slim to none most likely, it seems as if they are hard to find but I'll poke Keith about it when he gets back from vacation. I'm interested in those myself!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I have a Temoko, a Zephyr, and a Hero 235 and my limited experience (10 casual rounds) has been that they are all quite a bit similar. These are all discs that don't fly as far as your normal everyday putter (Wiz, Aviar, Magnet, or whatever). My theory is that since they don't fly that far disc flight characteristics don't make as much of a difference. My fav is the Zephyr. Temoko is a bit more overstable and Hero is a bit more understable. "Feel" is important in putting and it seems like the Hero feels the most like a normal DG disc.
                      Last edited by barbikes; August 19th, 2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by barbikes View Post
                        I have a Temoko, a Zephyr, and a Hero 235 and my limited experience (10 casual rounds) has been that they are all quite a bit similar. These are all discs that don't fly as far as your normal everyday putter (Wiz, Aviar, Magnet, or whatever). My fav is the Zephyr. Temoko is a bit more overstable and Hero is a bit more understable. "Feel" is important in putting and it seems like the Hero feels the most like a normal DG disc.
                        Good to know, thanks for the insight. I'm a superclass noob.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Just got my Temoko's to try out today, if you want to borrow one, Tim - just let me know.

If anyone out there wants to try out a Hero, Zephyr or Temoko, also just let me know
                          'Weekend 4 Women':
                          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                            Just got my Temoko's to try out today, if you want to borrow one, Tim - just let me know.

If anyone out there wants to try out a Hero, Zephyr or Temoko, also just let me know
                            Jeez, good to know that your good buddy Tommy Turbo can't borrow one! Thanks Andrew!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

What time, what course. I say Lakewood!
                              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Haha, I actually had a dream last night that while shopping at Trader Joe's, I found a stack of Te Mokos for sale. So yes, I would very much like to borrow one, and my id agrees!

(They were also selling some rubbery disc that melted in your hand when you picked it up--I'm not so interested in those.)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X