• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Superclassic - PDGA C - Saturday, October 2

Seattle SuperClassic - PDGA C tier - Saturday, October 2

2 round of 18 holes at Lakewood to try out superclass
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Meet at the lower parking lot at Lakewood by hole 14
    Check in: 9-9:30am (first come first choice on the discs!)
    Player's SuperMeeting: 9:45am
    SuperStart: 10:00am

REGISTRATION IS OPEN: I'm going to be restricting the player limit to 40 players maximum (although I doubt we reach that).

The first 20 registered and paid players and ALL of those who register BEFORE September 20th will receive a custom stamped Superclass disc for the tourney. If you register after September 20th, I can't guarantee a disc.

Cost: $14 if you would like to get a custom stamped superclass disc (Hero 235) OR $10 if you would like to play with your own discs (no player's pack). Chainbangerz club members can take $1 off either entry fee option.

Paypal (cefire@sbcglobal.net), check (3411 12th Avenue W, Seattle 98119), or cash in person all work for me. If you are sending a check be sure to send me an email so I know you are IN!

Payout: Most of the entry goes to buying discs and to PDGA so, as usual I'll just have a few things to give away (and probably the Chainbangerz shop will too!), but this will mostly be a chance to try out superclass for a day.

Link to current registration: http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=10906

__________________________________________________ ________

Seattle SuperClassic FAQ:

Will this affect my PDGA rating?
    No, PDGA will calculate a SEPARATE rating for superclass, this will have no effect on your "regular disc" rating.

Do I have to pay the $10 PDGA fee if I'm not a member?
    Nope, PDGA superclass events have an exemption from the non-member SuperFee.

What discs are legal for SuperClass?
    The most common are the Zephyr, Hero 235, Te Moko, SuperStar, and almost all large diameter lids like ultimate discs.

What discs are NOT legal for SuperClass?
    Sonics, Condors, Polecats, and regular putters like Aviars, Wizards, and Magics are all NOT SuperLegal for play.

What is the SuperLayout? (This is if all goes as planned, so may change!)
    Pins: 1-short left, 2-deep left, 3-long, 5-see below, 9-short, 10-long, Geezer-long, 12-long, 15-short, 16-long, 17-long, 18-long
    I've tried to create holes which will be either challenging 2's or that will be challenging 3's (par 4's with SuperClass discs)

Hole 5: For the first round, we are going to play to the long pin on 5 and then play the SuperShort tee to basket 6. For the afternoon, this will reverse and we will play 5 to the short pin and then regular 6.

What is SuperPar?
    Holes 2, 5/6, 8, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, & 18 will be par 4 holes and Geezer long will be a par 5 hole. Total par will be 65.

Will I have SuperFun without my Boss/Nuke/Katana?
    Yup, these things are fun to watch SuperFly and great for developing wrist control and SuperLong range putter/midrange accuracy.
    Last edited by cefire; September 30th, 2010, 12:11 PM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Originally posted by cefire View Post
    Pinknal's wildest dreams have come true - Superclass is coming to Seattle

Mark your calendars for Sunday October 3rd for an awesome day throwing graceful straight lines at Lakewood.

I don't have a ton of details, but as usual the tourney will be ultralow cost and everyone will get a superclass disc in their player's pack and a special surprise too!
    I won't ruin the surprise Andrew, I promise!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Mark your calendars for Sunday October 3rd for an awesome day throwing graceful straight lines at Lakewood.
      Done. I keep my Hero 235 in the bag all the time now, and I keep finding more and more excuses for throwing it. Now I have a good one!
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

[QUOTE=cefire;72636]Pinknal's wildest dreams have come true - Superclass is coming to Seattle

I'll see if I can postpone my wedding to make this one...

Comment

[QUOTE=Cold Steel;72660]
          Pinknal's wildest dreams have come true - Superclass is coming to Seattle

I'll see if I can postpone my wedding to make this one...
          Ah, the ever so rare honeymoondivorce.

Comment

Oh no, not another 'super' fun event hosted by the infamous Andrew Rivers... we need to clone this guy!!!
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I figure if I get married in VA on Saturday, I could catch the redeye to make this event Sunday.
              What's so hard to understand about that? Perfectly reasonable.

Comment

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me... plan to catch the 'redeye' prior to the event as well.
                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Steel View Post

I figure if I get married in VA on Saturday, I could catch the redeye to make this event Sunday.
                  What's so hard to understand about that? Perfectly reasonable.
                  If this one works out, I'm sure they'll be others. Sorry to schedule over your wedding! It wasn't on Treelove's calendar
                  'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

If this one works out, I'm sure they'll be others. Sorry to schedule over your wedding! It wasn't on Treelove's calendar
                    I have only my self to blame...

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                      Oh no, not another 'super' fun event hosted by the infamous Andrew Rivers... we need to clone this guy!!!
                      We tried but Thomas popped out. Now we don't know what to do with him.
                      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                        We tried but Thomas popped out. Now we don't know what to do with him.
                        I am the evil, bitchy, albino clone of Andrew!
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Sooo, a little change to the previous plans, we're going to have to move this to Saturday because the first Sunday in October date is traditionally the Seattle Disc Golf Club Championships. I spoke with Lowell and the SDGCC will be happening on that date (an early heads up )

As an added benefit, Brian's marriage will now last until the first year his anniversary conflicts with an event

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2nd is the new date for the Seattle SuperClassic!
                          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Sooo, a little change to the previous plans, we're going to have to move this to Saturday because the first Sunday in October date is traditionally the Seattle Disc Golf Club Championships. I spoke with Lowell and the SDGCC will be happening on that date (an early heads up )

As an added benefit, Brian's marriage will now last until the first year his anniversary conflicts with an event

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2nd is the new date for the Seattle SuperClassic!
                            you're always so considerate...

Comment

Schweet, lookin forward to this. After seeing Toby's inquiries in the other thread, do you know what kind of discs you're getting, Andrew?
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X