Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Scott! I had a great time! 1 Ace (biggest basket on the course) and 1 metal (longest hole on the course). I had a bunch of fly-by's too. Next time.

Comment

It's Over...It's Done...It was Awesome!!!!

Wow! Another page has been written in the Ace Race Journal of Dalaiwood and it was an incredible day. With the start time of 9:00 am, the people were lining up before 8:30. By 11:30 we had already had over 120 people through the registration table and by the time it was all done there was an incredible showing of 213 Ace Race Crazies out on the course! With the info from the Discraft HQ we should once again be the LARGEST ACE RACE IN THE WORLD. We can't thank everyone enough for your support of this as it really shines a great light on what we are doing in the Northwest and more specifically it shows that Washington Disc Golfers rock!

With the added events of Mini Golf and Mini Distance there was plenty of fun to be had all day. Our new concrete driveway was the huge hit for the single digit disc golfers and you had to watch out or you may just get run over by any of a number of runaway tricycle hooligans! The tricky part was that the wolking tacos were on the other side of the circling villains so it was just a chance that you had to take. The recently expanded pro shop was also on the other side of this shark pool but the allure of plastic seemed too great and those that ventured over seemed to like the bigger area and selection.

So here are some of the results:

Furious Five Throwdown had a three way tie at two under with-
      Mike Davis
      Curtis Huber
      Carl Wark

Mini Golf was taken by Jim Coultas with a sizzling one under

Easy Putt was a close one with Tim Plass edging out Dee Terry by one point

Hard Putt was a runaway with Wayne Whitney schooling the rest of the field with a score of 27!

Half Mile Hole honors belonged to the locals with a three way tie at 14 throws and the winners were:
      John Carter
      Evan Hancock
      Nathan Pervinich

A special judges award went out to the top lady on the half mile when Amanda Nelson wound here way up and down the hill with a score of 18. Ladies, the bar has been set now for the next year so get your "A" game on as this is one good score!

In Mini Distance we had a great time watching everyone try to launch for glory and the winners were:

In the under ten category I failed to get all the names but all participant (eight of them) received ultralight Buzzz's to get their game going!

The top teen was Nathan Pervinich with a huge air shot that was definitely the longest air shot of any division all day!

In the open mini distance category our top lady was Lea Over with a great rip. In the men's side this is how it went down:

First-Shaun Dupell
      Second-Erick Illg
      Third-Russ Joy/Scott Fleming

Our first ace of the day went to Sam Huff with an ace at 9:30 am on the third hole.

And without further ado, while many had aces and metals, the two that stood alone on this day were......

In second place-Wayne Whitney with two aces and two metal hits. A score that would normally take the prize home anytime but he was taken out by....

In First Place, Mike Jones, with an extraordinary and seemingly basket defying Five Aces and Three Metals, all in the first round. Yes, you baskets can run but you can't hide from the dead-eye aim of Mike Jones. At least in the first round that is.

So thank again to everyone that came out and had a blast as we sure did have a great time hosting it as always. A huge thanks has to go out to the crew of helpers: The true star behind the scenes Jeanne Papa, Andi, Lucas, Mark and Nathan Pervinich, Curtis and Kyle Huber, Rick Bailey and Mike Heberling and of course Evan Hancock. These are the folks that make things work for a day that is filled with more people than two tournaments normally hold. You guys totally rock and I couldn't imagine doing it without you!

As for the disc, it truly is an overstable but fast midrange. It was truly controllable and easy to learn as we had tons of aces and metal hits on our busy day and everyone seemed to be digging on it. Can't wait to see what it is called and I am starting a movement that the prize for the Ace Race that has the most people is that the TD gets to pick the name of the disc!

Until next year, keep running those chains as there is nothing more fun than an ace! OOOOPS, yes there is....Howliewood. But that's another thread......

Later,
      Scott Papa
      Team Discraft
      Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

That's an impressive turnout, and someone with five aces, wow! Sounds like it was a blast... wish I could've made it...

What would you name the disc, Scott?
        How about the 'Blazer'?
        Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
          That's an impressive turnout, and someone with five aces, wow! Sounds like it was a blast... wish I could've made it...

What would you name the disc, Scott?
          How about the 'Blazer'?
          What! This Ace Race didn't happen in Portland. Out of love for all those that supported the event how about "The Sound"?

Later,
          Papa
          Team Discraft
          Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
            What! This Ace Race didn't happen in Portland. Out of love for all those that supported the event how about "The Sound"?

Later,
            Papa
            I like the "Olalla" It's just fun to say!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X