X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
    so i went and looked at the ace race disc. I do really like discraft and the Ace race event but im not sure what to think about this disc.
    they say that people have been asking for a overstable midrange so this new ace race disc is the answer for that. well if i was looking for a discraft overstable midrange i would pick either a wasp, or a drone. and even the Nebula that was the ace race disc 2 years ago was a slightly overstabe buzz type disc.

why do we need yet one more overstabe midrange???
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Just put the Nebula (2008 Ace Race disc) in to production, that was a great disc!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
      Scott??

I can't wait for my 4th Ace Race in a row!
      Scott might answer you when he gets back from worlds. I don't think he's using his time on this site right now.
      A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        Scott might answer you when he gets back from worlds. I don't think he's using his time on this site right now.
        I forgot about that, thanks

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

if you look closely at the picture of this years ace race disc it does look very similar to a KC pro roc, just with a smaller bead it looks like.

The wasp was what i replaced my roc's with because the wasp flies like a brand spankin new roc and just stays that way which is really nice. Although the wasp doesnt totally fill all the different shots like a roc does, it comes close. maybe this new disc will be even closer like Dmajor was joking about.

no matter what it is like i am still very excited for the ACE RACE!!!!!!!!
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

This is a great event, everyone sign up.

Comment

Okay, so sorry it has been a while since I have posted but things have been a little busy around the household here.

Umm, pre-reg's are coming in hot and heavy which is great as the first 100 entries will get to choose a DYED disc as one of their two Ace Race discs. We have been and probably will continue to be the only Ace Race with Dyed discs to offer so don't miss out on your chance here. We may get more but don't count on it! Get registered now and make sure of your extra benefit.

I have seen and held the Ace Race disc and it really does not have the look or the feel of a roc. It is truly it's own disc. How does it fly? I don't know as I will not throw it until the 11th so that I can have the same fun as everyone else. I will say that the bag tag/key chain is worth the price of admission and will certainly be something everyone is stoked to get.

The other benefit of coming out to the Ace Race is that it will be the first day that we will be accepting entries into Howliewood 8! The field will be limited to 90 players so don't be left out! Come on out, have a blast at the Ace Race and sign up for the most fun you will ever have while playing disc golf.

Want to print a flyer and sign up? Go to Ace Race Flyer to download a flyer and send it to us.

Talk to you all soon!

Scott Papa
              Team Discraft
              Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

i DID play the ace race at downriver and a lot of ppl there said that disc flys like a roc .. i dont know i dont own a roc but it does DIVE hard to the right everytime i throw it ..

Comment

is there a way to register online??? if not i might see come out and see you saturday

Comment

Originally posted by mazza View Post
                    is there a way to register online??? if not i might see come out and see you saturday
                    Sorry about that, but we don't have an actual "online" signup. If you look up a couple of posts you will see the link to the flyer that has a registration from attached so that you can send it over to us.

Also, Nathan will be at the Jet Wash Open with flyers and could take your entry there too! Hopefully after this weekend, as long as Nathan makes the hookups (which I have full confidence that he will) we should have flyers up north (thanks Aaron Holley), around the Lakewood/Seatac area, and possibly at both Mando's and Chainbangerz (a pre thanks to Tom and Keith).

We are already getting close to the first 100 signups and those people will be GUARANTEED a dyed disc and a regular disc. We may end up with more dyed but I can not say for sure past the 100 mark so get those pre reg's in quick!

Be a part of what we hope will be a record setting event that no course in the world will be able to touch. Let's do it Washington!

Thanks,
                    Scott Papa
                    Team Discraft

Comment

It's just over a week away and we are getting psched here at the house for the big event. I am trying real hard to think of other reasons to come out and see what the heck is going on next week....ummm....oh, I know

How about when you come out to play and do the side game of the furious five shootout you will get to play from two brand new concrete teepads on holes 12 and 16 (thanks to the Dalaiwood crew for toting those pails!)

How about tons of new discs in our pro shop. So many new discs that we had to remodel to make room for them all. So many dyes that we still don't have room for them all!

And how many times do you get a chance to throw ace shots at a basket twice the normal size of a basket? I'll tell ya'. Once a year so come on out and have a blast!

See you soon,

Scott Papa
                      Team Discraft

Comment

How about those "walking tacos"

Comment

I am very interested in playing the Ace race but would like to ask a few questions...

What is the estimated time alotment needed to play just the race? Is an hour typical as rumored?

Are you sent out in groups of 4-5? Each member of the group has one throw at it and move on to the next hole?

Will I need cash or is the store set up for credit card transactions?

Feel free to add any suggestions that would hepl maximize my enjoy of the great event.

see you there

pw

Comment

Originally posted by pdduubb View Post
                            I am very interested in playing the Ace race but would like to ask a few questions...

What is the estimated time alotment needed to play just the race? Is an hour typical as rumored?

Are you sent out in groups of 4-5? Each member of the group has one throw at it and move on to the next hole?

Will I need cash or is the store set up for credit card transactions?

Feel free to add any suggestions that would hepl maximize my enjoy of the great event.

see you there

pw
                            Since you only get 36 throws, it doesn't take long. You can go out by yourself or with other people it's all up to you, it's not like a tournament, it's like a casual round how you just show up and play. Yes credit cards are accepted and you only get one throw per hole and move on to the next hole and you get to go around the 18 hole course twice. Maximize your enjoyment? Have fun and maybe play some of the other area courses if you have time.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Hey there pdduubb,

SillyBizz was right on most accounts except for the fact that we are still a little deficient in the crdeit card kind of thing. How deficient? Umm, well, you need to have cash or a check. Sorry about that, we have been working toward taking all types of transactions and I SWEAR that it is truly the next thing on our list.

On that note, make sure to bring a little extra or have friends that you can borrow from as the pro shop here just may have something that you just can't leave without. Oh yeah, and the walking tacos are gonna definitely be calling your name around lunch time!

And don't forget that we are hoping to have a great mob here around noon for the big picture! We plan on doing that and then having the big Ace Race mini throwdown for prizes right afterward so don't miss the big pic or the chance to show off your big arm with a little disc! We will have different divisions, I just don't know what they will be! Typical Papa-style games will probably ensue for maximum enjoyment!

See you all tomorrow and let me know if you have more questions!

Later,
                              Scott Papa
                              Team Discraft

Comment

Alrighty ~
                                "It's Friday night and I just got paid" so the cash should be available
                                See you tomorrow.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X