X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    Hey, Sunrise caught an 18 pounder yesterday and I got a piece that didn't survive an hour in my possession. Mmmmmmmmmmm, salmon.
    Just got the story from him. That one's been a long time coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Ooooo! It just so happens that one of my minions is pretty skilled with the ways of grilling and salmon. Here's to hoping your efforts are fruitful (whisper sweet nothings in their ears if need be!)
      I've tried the fish whisper, but it usually comes out as more of an explicative-laced tirade to the finicky little bastards laughing at my offering!

.....but thankfully there's a few stupid ones in every bunch, and they taste just like the smart ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
        For the record, everyone involved in this Kicks Ass (especially you Tim)!!!

Sara and I will be down there the weekend prior to due a little tune up on the course and I will be trying my best to coax some salmon out of a local river. Not feeling like cooking, but if sucessful i'll donate a fillet to the TD and his minions for all their much appreciated efforts!

As far as camping goes Mom is hoping to keep most of it OB (Over by Bob's) but I'm sure exceptions can be made if arranged.

Great to have you back Gilberts, you were missed last year!

Since we're getting off easy this year, anything else I can help with please let me know. I'll be down there Wed the 8th.

Seriously..Awsome guys.
        I hated missing the 'Burner, but my wedding held priority!

Like always we are really looking forward to it!

We have a camper trailer this year, will there be room for us to set up shop?
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          I hated missing the 'Burner, but my wedding held priority!

Like always we are really looking forward to it!

We have a camper trailer this year, will there be room for us to set up shop?
          Moving on up! Nice. I'm sure we can find a spot for it Chris. Maybe we can even run some power out to you if you bring some extension cords.

Comment

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
            Moving on up! Nice. I'm sure we can find a spot for it Chris. Maybe we can even run some power out to you if you bring some extension cords.
            Thanks Fletch!

Im gonna be heading down to Riffe Lake this week, gonna try and get a warmup round in at the Mud on Friday morning.
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

One week to go and things are coming along nicely for the Earner. Chris Schuler is making up some sweet glass trophies for the first place winners, I haven't personally seen his work, but several people have told me he does excellent stuff (I think the word "amazing" may have been used too). Louis Bontempo (Bucket Designs) is making some cool patches for the player packs--I've seen the prototype, and they look badass.

Looks like we'll be playing two rounds, one of 22 holes, and a second of 18 with alt. pads/placements where available. Still have yet to finalize the layout for glow golf, but it'll likely be a 9 or 12 hole layout (sticking to the more open holes for less broken ankles).

Here is the official player's list I have so far, still have a good number of people who have shown interest but haven't committed:

Open
              Aaron Thor
              Andrew Rivers
              Adam Fletcher
              Bart Yanoch
              Bill Clark
              Kenny Clark
              Chris Schuler
              Toby Cheff
              Keith Baber
              Heath Kinton
              Scruffy

Open Masters
              "Eric "Old Bones" "Glowbeard" "Whatever" Mesford"
              Terry Surrat

Open Women
              Sheila Teves
              Sara Fletcher
              Jenn Yagos
              Jessie Westphal

Advanced
              Tim Coye
              Barrett Skinner
              Chris Gilberts
              Sean Maghu
              Ron Bolan
              Nate Bell
              Blaine Klingler
              Dana Etienne

Advanced Masters
              Rich Velkamp
              Joe Lockwood
              Mark Burgess

Amateur
              Louis Bontempo
              John Fox
              Colin Liam

Am Women
              Kathy McCormack

Wizened
              Ol' Bob

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Good time to announce that I have just created Alt. #18. That's the one with 195' shot under the vine maple arch. Instead of going back to the left to get to the tee from #17, you go back and to the right. It's about 215', though I haven't measured it for the record yet. It is a straight, narrow, shot designed to be the midrange challenge hole.

Rock your Buzzz, Buzz your Roc.

I will place a measuring tape on the basket and put up a board so that the Innova, Discraft, and also-ran-brand, shooters can record their CTP distances. The best shot of each brand gets a prize. The best of the best brand gets something really cool, and the best of the runners-up labels get booby prizes. We'll get that Roc/Buzzz thang sorted out.

Hey, this is the biggest, hungriest, of the old tire baskets so I will expect the grand prize to go to an ace, maybe even a play-off of the acers.

Me and a couple of locals tapped that virgin yesterday. Them two guys bounced off of trees, and I hit the green and birdied from 15 feet. If a noodle arm such as I can get that close... (FLX Buzzz, of course.)
                Last edited by Ol' Bob; September 4th, 2010, 08:34 AM.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Hola,

Sounds great Bob, looking foward to seeing everyone on friday. I'm heading down about noon on friday, might even make it in time for the doubles. Barrett and Sean, might or might not make it in time for the doubles, Barrett making it on time depends on when his wife unlocks his chain. Ol' Bob hopefully you still have the disc I left behind at last years furnburner, don't even remember what it was, except it was almost new (maybe), Dam short term memory problems.

See Ya on Friday, Joe

Comment

Originally posted by BornAgainPagan View Post
                    Dam short term memory problems.
                    Imagine that?!?

Comment

Okay, I got my estimate of the distance on Alt. #18 kinda wrong. It's about the same as the primary at around 195 feet. (No wonder I got my Buzzz within fifteen feet.)

I have a crazy amount of stuff to do in the next week. I don't need it to rain.

Comment

Throwbot @ The Mud

As Tim mentioned, I'll be holding a Throwbot Throwdown at the Mud. For those that weren't at the 666 Terror Creek event, this is your chance to enjoy a little tradition brought with us from Virginia.

ThrowBot doubles is essentially played by an "operator" and a "robot". The "robot" is given a blindfold and directed to the first teepad, at the teepad they are spun around several times so they don't know where the hole is. The "operator" then directs them any way they want (talking, physically moving them) on how to throw the next shot AND guides them to safely get to the next lie! If you want a little sample, check out this youtube video starting at about 2:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OE-RyLrlmQ

To keep this short and to try to fit in a bunch of teams, each player is going to get 1 hole where they play as the operator and 1 hole where they play as the robot (2 holes total). I'll be running this during the lunch break and any time players have available on Saturday including after the singles rounds until dark.

It will cost $1.00 per team and I will again be working on a pair of trophies to give out to the winners

So pick your partner carefully

Start practicing

and get ready for some wholesome ThrowBot goodness!

'Weekend 4 Women':
                        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Throwbot looks like a blast.

Okay, I got that Alt. #18 at about 210 feet now. I got it just before things got too wet to do anything more with the tractor back there.

Comment

Throwbot is INDEED a blast, lots of hilarity shall ensue, I guarantee it.

Thanks for all the work you've been putting in, Bob. You probably don't hear that enough, but we all really appreciate it (even if some of us only are able to make it down once or twice a year).
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I'm ordering two pair of those X-Ray glasses from the back page of this here old comic book. Nyahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                                So, maybe I was way off base with my "no harm, no foul," call. It turns out there is plenty of room at the inn for Baby Jesus' virgin mother (or even disc golfers). Hey folks, fill the place up.
                                I do apologize for scheduling on this date, however to say it is a "foul" is kinda out of line. We made the date because it was the date available to us. I feel that eastern Or/Wa need quality events as much as the PDX metro area. And I hope your event is AMAZING Tim. and I Hope Ol' Bob can relax a little bit with the event out of the way

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X