• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Island Open - August 21, 2010

Rising Island Open
    August 21, 2010
    Fort Nugent Park, Oak Harbor
    *( http://www.pdga.com/course_directory...park-disc-golf )

Players meeting at 830am
    T-time of 9am
    Two 18 hole rounds
    Max players: 90
    This is an unsanctioned, fundraiser event, so a PDGA membership is not necessary.

Division sign-ups will be:
    -Advanced Men $30
    -Amateur Men $20
    -Women $20
    -Juniors (12 and under) with newly placed "Little Flyer" boxes $10
    Optional $1 Ace Pot

Every PRE-REGISTERED player will receive a sweet players pack!
    We will not hold any ghost spots for day of entry, but if we have slots open they will be filled on a first come basis.

Payment can be made via paypal (add a $3.00 service fee widgcom@yahoo.com), check, or in person anytime leading up to the tourney.

In addition to the tourney we will be having:
    -CTP ( Separate for Men, Women, and Juniors)
    -Skill Putt Challenge
    -Skittles
    -Raffle (Including custom dyed discs)

This is a fund-raiser event for the Whidbey Island Disc Golf Club, so 25% of the sign-up fees will be held for the club.
    Top 1/3 in every Division will get script for items on-site the day of the event. (Discs, Bags, and Apparel)

We will also host a BAKE SALE, so be ready for some great goodies!

Come out and support our rising disc golf community, and say you were there at the beginning!

Lodging Details:
    -Camping at Deception Pass is $21 a night per site *call (888) CAMPOUT* 320 sites
    -Fort Ebey State Park is $21 a night per site * https://secure.camis.com/WA/FortEbeyStatePark * 51 sites

Any questions? Tim Baugher (Yammits) 850 426 1514 or gsdtimmay@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Yammits; June 25th, 2010, 10:40 AM. Reason: paypal info
    www.DiscAddiction.com - Apparel, Custom Discs, and more
    www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com - club details

If you plan to stay overnight after the tournament we have random draw doubles on Sunday at noon.

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...29&postcount=6

Comment

players pack

Some of the custom designed items for the players packs are starting to arrive now, and the artwork for the patch looks SWEET!

We will be listing our sponsors in the coming weeks... and if you'd like to be a hole sponsor the cost is $25 and a full sponsorship will be $100. All the funds generated will go to the payouts (unless the sponsor requests the funds go to a certain group they will be split equally)

Comment

SPONSOR:

Thank you Dawson Multimedia!

Dave Dawson
        Dawson Multimedia
        dave@dawsonmultimedia.com

Comment

Last edited by Yammits; July 10th, 2010, 12:04 PM. Reason: pic to large

Comment

We currently have just a over 40 registered players for the tourney.

Please don't delay in getting registered if you'd like to come, it looks like we're going to fill up.

We've tried to make Pre-Registering as easy as possible so if you'd like to do it via a credit card or paypal you CAN and here's the link...

www.WhidbeyIslandDiscGolf.com/zencart/

If you'd like to mail it in that's fine too, just e-mail me for the address.

Any questions feel free to ask, and you can also find us on Facebook as Whidbey Island Disc Golf

Comment

SPONSOR:

Thank you Custom Engraving!

919 Ault Field Rd
              Oak Harbor WA 98277

360-675-8913

Comment

I had someone PM me a very good question, so I wanted to add some info about the Juniors...

EVERY Junior card will have an adult walking/ scoring with them to keep them safe as well as keep things moving along in the tournament.

If we have more than 1 card of Juniors we'll have like ages together as well ... 8-10 year olds 11 - 12 year olds, ect...

I hope that helps some of you make a decision about coming. My wife and I have an 8 year-old so we really go out of our way to promote the sport for the youngest of players.

Hope to see you all in about a month!

Comment

We have just learned that since this is Whidbey Island's FIRST ever Disc Golf tourney the newspaper is going to cover the event!

Comment

MANDO'S Disc Golf Shop has generously donated many wonderful items for the raffle as well as the ring of fire.

THANK YOU TOM!!

MANDO'S: Whether you are New to the Sport or an Old Time Pro, we have Quality Innova, Discraft, HUK Lab, DGA, Gateway, QuestAT, Latitude 64, and Lightning. Golf Discs - the best Disc Golf products and equipment.Hand picked by folks who truly love the game, because at Mandos we are committed and have a passion for the promotion of Disc Golf.
                    502 E. Main St.
                    Auburn, WA 98002 USA
                    (253)735-6464

Comment

Innova has graciously allowed this fund-raiser tourney to be a sponsored event, so another THANKS goes to INNOVA to help make the prizes wonderful!

With this and Mando's sponsorships, we are pleased to announce we will now be adding a RING OF FIRE to the events as well as we are giving away a BRAND NEW BASKET!

If you would like to pay by check, PM me and I'll get the address out to you.

If you want to pre-register via a credit card, use www.whidbeyislanddiscgolf.com/zencart ($3 fee applies)

If we still have open slots we will register you the day of on a first come basis starting at 730am August 21st.

Also I have located the closest park to the course for RV's/camping. It is WindJammer Park (only like 1 mile from the park) You can see those details at http://www.oakharbor.org/page.cfm?pageId=192

I'll keep updating the details as they come in! We look forward to seeing you at the first ever disc golf tourney on Whidbey Island!!!

Comment

Updated Tourney Info

Here's the latest info on the Rising Island Open, less than 3 weeks away now. The course setup has been determined for both rounds. The course will play completely differently than the home course players are used to as well as more difficult. Each round will be unique with different mandos, different pins, etc.

The trophies are in, they look PHENOMENAL. The players pack items are all in and we're very very happy with the way things turned out. The players pack will include a custom mini, custom coozy, custom shammy towel, custom patch, and possibly a surprise or two

We WILL be giving a basket away as the prize for the Skittles competition, we have a trophy to award to the winner of the putting contest.

Myself and Danni have gotten pretty darn good at custom dyeing discs and will be raffling off quite a few of them.

A few people have stepped up and agreed to help pack the baked goods sale table.

MANDO'S disc golf shop (among others) from Auburn is sponsoring the tourney and is selflessly donating a bunch of stuff to the raffle, thanks Tom!

My buddy Zach is bringing a crew from Auburn, Kevin O is bringing a crew from Bellingham, we've had people register through the mail with us from Bremerton, and of course we have 50 plus tag members in the club itching to have the island's first ever tourney, so we're gonna pack the place!

Get pre-registered if you haven't already!

Oh and one more thing, we are having completely colorized discs made for the tourney(INNcolors), they will all be the brand new straight flying midrange Innova Star Mako, done by the same artist who designed our patches, they are gonna be the best looking disc in your bag guaranteed!

19 days and counting...

Comment

We will have some open slots available for walk-ups, so we'll have registration on FRIDAY from 6pm-8pm and SATURDAY we will open it up at 7am with whatever slots are still available.

Comment

Are you aware that you scheduled this over Jetwash?
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                              Are you aware that you scheduled this over Jetwash?
                              It happens.

Jetwash wasn't placed on the calendar until July 9th and we announced this and started the planning 2 weeks prior. We had to coordinate a day good for our park as well.

Not every event is for every type of player, so options are good.

Thankfully even with jet wash we have had a nice number of preRegistered players but thanks for your concern.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X