X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquafest Open -Lake Stevens, Wa - July 24th

The 7th Annual Lake Stevens Aquafest Open will be July 24th.

This is a one day, non PDGA tourney. We filled up last year, so I recommend pre registering to secure a spot.

Trophies through 3rd place in all divisions including the sweet wooden trophy discs for first.

T-shirts, a mini, and other crap for a players pack for just $20. Sweet deal.

We got some great sponsorship from the local businesses and players, so payouts should be generous. Cash for Open. Script for all others.

Live music and a beer garden just 2 blocks away, carnival atmosphere, and good people make this a very fun event.

Attached is the registration form. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Brian

Aquafest is less than 2 weeks away. Thanks to Creekside Grill and Ale, Buzz Inn Steakhouse in Lake Stevens, Tall Guy Small Guy Automotive (Vince Peterson) in Marysville, and Midori Terriyaki for the generous donations.

We also have 4 holes left at $25 each if someone wants to sponsor this world famous event.

We should have some great payouts, lots of CTPs and other prizes, ace pot, etc.

This is a great one day tourney. It sucks it's the same day as the Lakewood/Seatac tourney, but ...we have live music!

Comment

Hooray for Aquafest! Boo-Ya for Aquafest!

Why play 2 courses when you can have all the fun & then some on one course in one day? With the excellent challenging everyone-loves-them baskets at Lake Stevens you get it all with no hassle.

Only $20 bucks pre-register ($25 day off) gets you a shirt, mini, & optimal fun. 4 divisions - trophies for 1st thru 3rd, CTPs galore, big $s in the Open division, maybe even some skins. Sweet!

Going to be FUN!

Comment

Lake Stevens Rocks!!!!

Hey Now Cajun ~
        Do you eat fish? If so I've got some fresh frozen Ling Cod (caught em myself out there in the Pudget Sound). Maybe a couple of Ling steaks to pay you back for the 150 Destroyer ~ I got a great shot on #2 at Silver Lake with this disc ~ parked it within 5 feet (a great shot for me).
        Just let me know.
        Last edited by drkstr; July 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Oh man I LOVE seafood. I have had ling cod a few times, its delicious & versatile. I have not caught one myself but was in a boat when one was caught, that's one tough looking fish!

I'm afraid that's not a fair trade, I'd come out way ahead. But I will tell you what, I'll throw in a gently used light weight T-Rex (the original disc you lost) for a bit of ling cod. Screamin deal all around!

I will throw the disc in my car and give it to you when I see you next. Mon dubs or Aquafest for sure. Bring a little ling cod to Aquafest I'll likely have an ice chest with me then.

Lake Stevens Rocks ! ! !

Comment

Don,
            Speaking on behalf of Cajun, hell yes he will take that cod. And after the Aquafest tourney we will all go to my house for the traditional food and beverages. I have a great recipe for blackened cod and Cajun..being a cajun...would love it! You and your fish are invited of course!

Lake Stevens Rocks,
            Brian

Comment

Sounds good to me ~ hopefully I will also be celebrating placing in the Grandmaster Division. Work has kept me off the course the last week and a half so I need to get out this weekend and practice (especially the blue tees). Thanks for the invite Brian. And thank you Cajun.

Maybe I can get some of the "blue cod" from a friend ~ one of the Lings we brought in had blue flesh ~ really amazing ~ the flesh is a bright turquoise color ~ it does turn white when cooked though.

Comment

I am super bummed that I will miss this tournament this year! This is my favorite non pdga event of the year! Great people, great atmosphere, great pay outs! Man, its been too long since I've been up to lake stevens and played a round.

Kenny

Comment

For those not playing in the Lakewood/Seatac tournament this weekend, you should sign up for the Aquafest Open.

- It's a one day event.
                  - Sweet trophies through 3rd place in all divisions including the beautiful wooden trophy discs for 1st.
                  - Tons of giveaways. We will be having a FREE raffle during the tournament for all players.
                  - Final 9 holes of skins for the best 4 scores of ANY division. Big cash payout!
                  - Generous payouts in all divisions. Almost all of your entry fee will go back out in either script or cash.
                  - bitch-ass t-shirt that will probably make you $200 on Ebay.

ALL FOR $20 (plus another $5 if you sign up on Saturday)

Comment

Hey everybody, its doctor nick. Oh wait, thats my alter ego. This is actually big bubba belly and Im here to let you all know that this is the coolest event of the year. 1 day, two rounds out at beautiful lake stevens. Sweet wooden discs for first place in each division and the open players get a huge cash pay out. Seeing as how most people are playing the duel nature down at shady tac and soon to be forgotten lakewood, there is gonna be a lot of money up for grabs in the open division, and only a few guys to compete for it. (Tac being shady cause of the break ins and thugish ruggish non disc golfers not the actual people who love and respect the course and the others who frequent the area.) Aqua fest is a great tourny, awesome people and an all around good time. All other divisions recieve a generous script payout. Everyone gets an awesome players pack. Its only 20 bones if you sign up early or 25 the day of the event. Sign ups start at 8am and tee off is around 9 or 9:30. An hour or so long break in between rounds gives you plenty of time to cruise the festival and check out the sites. Live music, great food, beer gardens and tons of vendors make this an event not to miss. Its low key and not super competitive. Lots of fun and you get a chance to meet some great people. The weather should be around 90 with sunshine and blue skies to boot. Best non pdga event in the nation. Guaranteed. So if you dont know, you better ask somebody cause Aqua Fest Disc Golf Tournament rules. Hope to see you all out there.

Comment

Not to get down on your Jess, but it's SCRIP, not "script". It means piece of paper. Just a pet peeve of mine, sorry. We still playing Lakewood today? You riding with me?
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Thomas,
                        I said script too. Why are you such a hater? Why are you so mean? Why can't you just let these human errors go by without drawing attention to them? Why can't you just be nice?

Jesse,
                        Aquafest is one word not two..... Dumbass!..(also one word)

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                          Thomas,
                          I said script too. Why are you such a hater? Why are you so mean? Why can't you just let these human errors go by without drawing attention to them? Why can't you just be nice?

Jesse,
                          Aquafest is one word not two..... Dumbass!..(also one word)
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I called it script, because this whole event is scripted. I win and you lose Tom. Thats how the story line is gonna go down. The only thing we need to work out is by how many strokes your gonna lose. Give me a call and we can rehearse before the final production this weekend.

Comment

gOOD LUCK TO ALL you at Aquafest tomorrow. I wish I could be there and know it will be one hell of a tournament. Just make sure BA doesn't get all "touchy-feely" like he does casue it might chase a few out of towners away.
                              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X