Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chainbangerz Invitational - Sunday, June 27th

Here is the official post yo!

Thomas and I will be hosting a Chainbangerz Invitational tournament on Sunday, June 27th.

What: PDGA C-Tier "Charity Endowment" for the Chainbangerz club

Where: AM round of 18 @ Silver Lake
    PM round of 18 @ Arlington (with 1 temp hole)

When: Check in at Silver Lake by 9:30am, we should be up and starting golf by 10 at the latest

Cost: $4.00!!! (yes, 4 bucks for a PDGA event w/ratings )

Who: Event is restricted to 36 players maximum. Only Chainbangerz club members will be able to register during the early registration period until Friday, June 18th.

THEN, on Friday starting at 5pm, I will start taking registrations from those who plan to attend a workparty @ Arlington on Sunday, June 20th. This will all be done on a first-come first serve basis - I will note on Friday how many Chainbangerz members have signed up and how many spots are left for the workparty so you know if you should show up on Sunday (everyone is welcome to show up anyway ). Also remember that you can add these hours to your running total to get really nice discounts at the Chainbangerz shop.

To sign up: Just email or PM me your Chainbangerz number starting at 5pm tomorrow.

Huh? As with many of our recent events, this is a day to have fun playing golf without breaking the bank, get a rating, help out the course/club at the same time, and "represent all that is good and fun about disc golf to the best of our abilities"!

Last edited by cefire; June 16th, 2010, 06:21 PM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

FAQ:

1. Will I win vast quantities of green paper or new frisbees for winning this event?
    No, in fact winning this event will only earn you the respect and admiration of your peers, nothing more. We will some few side games set up at Arlington after the tournament for you to win prizes sponsored by our boys at Chainbangerz disc golf shop.

2. Can I get a refund?
    Yes, refunds for Chainbangerz members will be given out until Saturday, June 19th as we will have to fill the remaining spots at the workparty the following day. Please remember that $4 doesn't even get you 2 coffees at Starbucks Refunds for those who show up to the work party (both early registrants & late, members & nonmembers) will be given in full at any time - you put in work, you've earned it.

3. Since we aren't playing for the big bucks, can I (take mulligans/step past my mini/kick my bag in uncontrolled rage)?
    PDGA rules my friend, you do the crime, you do the time.

If you have any other questions, I can drop them right in here!

Player list:
    1. John Stengele
    2. Kelly Smith
    3. Keith Lionetti
    4. April Little
    5. Andrew Rivers
    6. Thomas Little
    7. JubScrubaDub
    8. Steve Horton
    9. Jesse Ingram
    10. Chris Laurent
    11. Ken Smith
    12. Don Anderson
    13. Clayton Pomeroy
    14. Cindi Karple
    15. Wayne Whitney
    16. Bill Whitney
    17. Janice Smith
    18. Dan the Man Major
    19. BA
    20. Ed Munoz
    21. The Wonderful Wizard (of Oz)
    22. Kyle Baker
    23. Terrace Todd
    24. Ian Markusson
    25. Eric Mesford
    26. Nate Bell
    27. Aaron Seeley
    28. Joe Hellickson
    29. Doug Whitney
    Last edited by cefire; June 26th, 2010, 10:06 PM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

The main work that needs to be done at the work party at Arlington:

Barking: The main trails and tee pads, this is the biggest need and will take the most time
      Litter: There are garbage cans on many holes now but still litter might be an issue
      Hole 17(18): There is a downed tree wedged into another across the fairway; chainsaw anyone?
      Fairways: There are small sticks in the fairways that could be cleared
      Field holes: Probably need to be weed wacked, though Jub might do this

Remember NO unauthorized maintenance please. I look forward to the tournament and work party, see you all then!
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Very Nice fellas!
        See you there.
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I have a good chain saw and I can remove the tree on hole 18 if the city is cool with me doing that. Sometimes the city parks frown on people using the saws in their parks for liability reasons.

I will have to join Chainbangerz to ensure I get into this.

Though this is not a big payout event, I look forward to collecting big payouts in sidebets against John Stengele and Thomas. Please bring cash!

Comment

Oh my!
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
              The main work that needs to be done at the work party at Arlington:

Barking: The main trails and tee pads, this is the biggest need and will take the most time
              Litter: There are garbage cans on many holes now but still litter might be an issue
              Hole 17(18): There is a downed tree wedged into another across the fairway; chainsaw anyone?
              Fairways: There are small sticks in the fairways that could be cleared
              Field holes: Probably need to be weed wacked, though Jub might do this

Remember NO unauthorized maintenance please. I look forward to the tournament and work party, see you all then!
              Forget about the tree on 18 and weed wacking as the city will not allow for this. There still will be enough work for everyone, don't worry!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                Player list:
                1. John Stengele
                2. Kelly Smith
                3. Keith Lionetti
                4. April Little
                5. Andrew Rivers
                6. Thomas Little
                7. JubScrubaDub
                8. Steve Horton (Moe)
                9. Jesse "The White Don King" Ingram

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

What time is the work party convening on sunday.

Comment

The work party will convene at 10am to 1pm!
                    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Don Anderson (drkstr) can't make it Sunday due to Father's Day and other obligations but will be out today or tomorrow to do some barking on his own; he also attended the Silver Lake work party and will be playing the tournament as well. Don does a lot for the local courses and is a nice guy so I thought I would say a special thank you to Don.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yeah, I understand it is a tough day to get off and totally my fault due to limited time before I'm vacationing. Anyone who wants to do some sort of course project can definitely do so (make sure it is approved by the relevant course manager!) and get entry into the tourney.
                        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

"I would say a special thank you to Don." ~

Thank yee kindly Thomas. I did make it out this afternoon and got bark in the tees of 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9 and 8 ~ wasn't sure what the plan is for #13. I also did some branch, limbs and sticks duty on the fairway for #17. Beautiful day out there this afternoon. After barking I played 8 through 18 ~ 2 Birdies and 2 Bogies.

The course is looking good ~ folks are using the new trash cans ~ I didn't see any litter to pick up on the holes I worked on besides a few bottle caps and cancer butts.

Looking forward to this event. Thank you Chainbangerz, Andrew and Thomas.

Comment

Thank you Don for all your hard work at Arlington

Did you ever find your lightweight Tee-rex???

If not I may have an extra you're welcome to.

Comment

Well, we've still got 24 spots left so plenty left for the workparty. Anyone who shows up is in, after that, anyone who helped out at the Tac with mowing is on deck
                              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X