X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Duel Nature - July 24th & 25th

OK, it's taken a while, but it's finally happening. Event #4 of the Washington State Series: The 2010 Seattle Duel Nature, taking place July 24th & 25th at Lakewood and SeaTac DGCs.

A couple basics of the tournament: Pool A (all Open divisions and MA1) will play SeaTac-Lakewood-SeaTac, Pool B (all other divisions) will play Lakewood-SeaTac-Lakewood. A final nine for the top four finishers (plus any ties) will be held at Lakewood, and will be a safari layout.

We know that this is a tournament people have wanted for a long time, but we will need your help to make this tournament what it should be, especially regarding SeaTac. As many of you know, SeaTac can become a beast in the summertime and we'll need to tame that beast with weed whackers and loppers. Work parties will be announced as the event draws closer.

Keep in mind that this could also be the last that we'll get to see Lakewood as we know it (last I heard, the TAF project was due to start in the fall). So be sure to get your entry in early, this event will fill!

Here are the pertinent links for you:

Printable Flyer

Online registration through NW Signup

PDGA Page
    Last edited by Tim; May 22nd, 2010, 03:45 PM.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

All signed up! Thanks Tim
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Good work Tim and Eric on making this happen! There has been a big push for a long time to see this tourney happen! I just got signed up!
      Last edited by olydiscgolf; May 22nd, 2010, 01:45 PM.
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Yes! Nice work getting this event put together!

Comment

Big thanks to Eric and Tim for making this happen yet another year!
          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I am super stoked for this event!!! Seatac Lakewood Seatac, thats whats up. Thank you Tim and Eric, awesome show - great job.

Comment

whoops. that was a pm.
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Duel Nature Discs

With three weeks to go I'm glad to report that registrations have been coming in steadily. Take a look at the Current Registration List to see who's playing. As a TD one of my favorite days leading up to the tournament is the day the custom stamped discs are delivered to my front porch! Innova is a great supporter of pdga events and we've got lots of discs available for sale before the event. Champ Katanas, champ leopards, champ makos & champ glo gazelles! Echo star wraiths, star valks, glo San Marino Rocs, glo champ cobras, various aviars and more! Get in touch with Tim or me if you want to buy some cool plastic and support the tourney. I'm also getting a bunch of full color custom stamped discraft Buzzzes early next week.

If you want to get signed up for the 2010 Duel Nature head over to Lakewooddiscgolf.com where you'll find a link to the online registration and a printable entry form. Sponsorship opportunities can also be found on the entry form.

Cheers, Eric (& Tim)

Comment

Originally posted by KCunique View Post
                  Thank you Tim and Eric, awesome show - great job.
                  I was wondering when someone was going to pop that in here.
                  We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Eric and Tim: Wow, this sounds like one not to miss...Thanks for all the effort getting this event going . I would love to get some plastic, I'm sure I'll see you around.. Is the Final nine for just for top 4 open players?
                    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                    PDGA # 42821
                    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Yes, final nine is for the top four open players. We're planning on having a safari final 9 at Lakewood which should make for some quality spectating.

Comment

Great work on getting this one put together guys! You can count on Team Oly for $50 sponsorship.

Now all we need is to get Jub Jub signed up! hehehehehe
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Thanks for the sponsorship Team Oly, that's awesome!

Comment

Am I to assume that the pins will be in long position or will it be mixed during the tournament at Lakewood?
                            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Yeah, I can say that they'll at least be in the long position. They may move between rounds, but that'll be dependent on if we have assistance or not (moving baskets can be time consuming when scores need to be counted and sorted.)

As Eric mentioned above, the discs are in and I've got a nice little assortment with me. Some very nice selections to be had, the echo star wraiths and champ leos (some of which are very starry) look cool, and I'm diggin' on the glow gazelles and SM rocs. If anyone's interested in checking them out, just drop me a line.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X