Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much are they? Will any of them be in our players pack like last year? Any way to take a pic to show the stamp for this year? Thanks for getting such a nice selection of discs Tim and Eric. It is always nice to have something to hold on to from such a fun tournament.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

There are two different full color Buzzz designs which can be seen on the front page of LAKEWOODDISCGOLF.COM. All Am divisions will get one of those in the player pack. I plan to give all the intermediate players a hotstamped innova disc too, as I have in years past. I don't have a picture of the hotstamp design up yet.

Comment

Very cool and very generous. Thanks.
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Yeah, I can say that they'll at least be in the long position. They may move between rounds, but that'll be dependent on if we have assistance or not (moving baskets can be time consuming when scores need to be counted and sorted.)

As Eric mentioned above, the discs are in and I've got a nice little assortment with me. Some very nice selections to be had, the echo star wraiths and champ leos (some of which are very starry) look cool, and I'm diggin' on the glow gazelles and SM rocs. If anyone's interested in checking them out, just drop me a line.
          I'll volunteer to help move baskets.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yeah, I can say that they'll at least be in the long position.
            I have a nice basket if you are looking to extend/modify exhisting positions and need another.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Thanks for the offers Tom and Chris. I think we should be good as far as baskets go, but we'll definitely be in touch if we could use another.

If anyone's interested in taking a look at the CFRs, I plan on being at Terrace for while this afternoon, around 4:30 or so.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Just a couple weeks until the tournament now, and the courses are looking pretty good for the most part. Lakewood, of course is looking fine as always, and Seatac is still holding up well since the last mowing, but there are some spots that are a little rough around the edges. We're doing what we can to get the city to do one more pass before the tournament,, but the rough spots are where their mowers can't go. So this weekend, we're having a work party to try to get the Tac all nice and groomed and weed whacking is the theme for this party. If you have a weed whacker, please come on down and pitch in. With a decent turnout, we could knock it out in a couple hours. Even if you can't make it down, but have a weed whacker you'd lend to the cause, that would help too! The main focus is weed whacking, but also some good old fashioned trash pickup is in order too. We're doing this in cooperation with Chainbangerz, so if you're a member that wants credit towards course maintenance, this is a great time to do it--and hey, who doesn't want the Tac to good anyway?

The work party will take place Saturday, 7/17, meet at 10:00. If you can't make the party, but have equipment you'd be willing to let us borrow, please contact Keith at Chainbangerz, Eric, or myself.

Comment

Just a couple weeks until the tournament now, and the courses are looking pretty good for the most part. Lakewood, of course is looking fine as always, and Seatac is still holding up well since the last mowing, but there are some spots that are a little rough around the edges. We're doing what we can to get the city to do one more pass before the tournament,, but the rough spots are where their mowers can't go. So this weekend, we're having a work party to try to get the Tac all nice and groomed and weed whacking is the theme for this party. If you have a weed whacker, please come on down and pitch in. With a decent turnout, we could knock it out in a couple hours. Even if you can't make it down, but have a weed whacker you'd lend to the cause, that would help too! The main focus is weed whacking, but also some good old fashioned trash pickup is in order too. We're doing this in cooperation with Chainbangerz, so if you're a member that wants credit towards course maintenance, this is a great time to do it--and hey, who doesn't want the Tac to good anyway?

The work party will take place Saturday, 7/17, meet at 10:00. If you can't make the party, but have equipment you'd be willing to let us borrow, please contact Keith at Chainbangerz, Eric, or myself.

Hey Tim I've got a weed whacker to lend. I'm swamped with work so I can't make it up, but I'm willing to lend a tool if somebody can come down to get it.
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Duel Nature coming soon!

Things are starting to really ramp up for the upcoming tourney. I just took the 100th registration, someone from California! Not as big a presence from Oregon as I might have expected at this point... no worries, just wondering if there's other stuff going on down there that I don't know about. Thanks to everyone out there that pregegisters, you make a TDs life a lot less stressful!

I spent a day this week at a friends pottery studio making ceramic plaques for the trophies. I think they'll look cool hanging on the wall and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't explode in the kiln and that I've got all the divisions covered. I've gotten a good response on the tourney fundraiser discs too and a bunch have sold which is great for the event. Lots of great molds and pretty colors to choose from! Chainbangerz is selling some of the Duel Nature discs too, swing by and Keith or Adam will be happy to hook you up.

I'm looking forward to getting out on Saturday to the BYO Weedwacker party at the Tac. Thanks for the offer Oly, maybe there's an weedwackerless olympia player itching to come up to help out and will give you a shout. I'll bring my weed wrench out too and maybe stop by Lakewood for a little Scotch broom attack.

See y'all out at the course soon, EE

Comment

I have noticed only 28 total Open players (so far) It seems like an awful lot of work (to offer a multi course event ) and Is it really worth it to for such a miniscule turnout. If the numbers stay where they are ( or even double) the A pool will play in less than 3 hrs while the B pool will take nearly 4.5 hrs. This discrepancy alone makes for a logistical nightmare
                      rewindb.com

Comment

Tim, check your PM.
                        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                          Tim, check your PM.
                          Got it, for some reason I thought that'd been sent to both of us. I've forwarded to Eric, should be all good.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it!
                            Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                              I have noticed only 28 total Open players (so far) It seems like an awful lot of work (to offer a multi course event ) and Is it really worth it to for such a miniscule turnout. If the numbers stay where they are ( or even double) the A pool will play in less than 3 hrs while the B pool will take nearly 4.5 hrs. This discrepancy alone makes for a logistical nightmare
                              well the A pool is Open and Advanced players if i read it right. so those two divisions make up a sizable chunk of the registered players right there, plus you have to factor in that the A pool is playing a MUCH more difficult course for 2 out of the three rounds, so that will slow play a little.

In my opinion offering a two course tournament is always worth it, even if you dont have huge pro numbers. being able to play Lakewood and Seatac in the same tournament is like a dream come true!!!!

Jub, please look at the glass being half full instead of half empty.
                              Team HOSER:dancing:
                              Team OLY:cheerleader:
                              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                                well the A pool is Open and Advanced players if i read it right. so those two divisions make up a sizable chunk of the registered players right there, plus you have to factor in that the A pool is playing a MUCH more difficult course for 2 out of the three rounds, so that will slow play a little. .
                                My point is if the total number of players does not reach the threshold to rationalize NEEDING two courses why bother with all the extra effort.

Thanks for also stating that the tac is as you put it (Bold & Underlined) That there is a huge difference between these courses and as a player I would rather play the harder course all three rounds no matter what division I played.

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                                Jub, please look at the glass being half full instead of half empty.
                                If I saw it as half full and it was not how disappointed should I be. If I am half empty guy and it turns out to be better then I thought I can "just be pleasantly surprised."
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X