Crystal Mountain "Mountain High" Disc Golf Tournament-August 28-29 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mountainhigh View Post
    The course is set and YOUR time is here.

Our first crew of golfers has already setup the tents and we are siked for the weekend.

Temporary 9 for the Summit Course is setup courtesy of the loaner baskets from Mark and Pierce County Disc Golf.

Get ready for the fun and try to get here as early as possible tomorrow to try out some of the new holes.

Registration and Checkin Party starts at 8:00pm on Friday.

Saturday Morning Registration & Checkin opens at 8:00am.

Players meeting Saturday morning at 9:30am and tee off following.

The weather has cooled down but should be pretty good for the weekend. Be prepared...

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it this weekend!!

Thanks,

Dee

Dee,

I signed up last night around 8 and am not sure if I have shown up on your master list? I am looking forward to my third year in a row at this tournament, with this one being the best yet! See you tomorrow.
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Are you playing intermediate, bagger?
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by pdduubb View Post
        any suggestions for Crystal Mtn Tournament newbies? I know what to bring to a typical event but what should I bring that is different for this one?
        Bring extra clothes, it's gonna get cold, and extra shoes. Those would be the essential items. If you keep your discs on the fairway, you shouldn't need extras.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Carry double the water you would normally take.
          Play in the sturdiest footwear you are able to.
          Throw down to the basket if you are on an elevated tee
          Throw stable plastic downhill and flippy plastic everywhere else.
          "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Thanks for the info... I am almost packed and ready to roll... planning on being there by 7 at the latest.

pw see you there...Black Subaru Outback with Car carrier...

Comment

Current Standings

Sick day at Crystal today.. Clear blue skies, awesome views of Mt. Rainier from the Summit Course and don't forget the WINDS!!

All players showed some serious perseverance out there today.

Half the field played the Summit Course and the other half played the Lower Course (pros & ma1). Flip flop the courses on Sunday.

SCORES ARE UP..

Tomorrow is another battle..

Comment

Make sure you let the PDGA know that separate courses were played, the ratings are a bit wonky!

edit: not that round ratings mean anything during a tournament....
                The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Final Standings

Scores are up.

Seperate course layouts have been identified along with appropriate divisional assignments.

Great job by all the competitors.

Thanks for all the support from everyone.

Dee

Comment

Just wanted to give one more huge thanks to Dee as well. Every year I come up, I am welcomed with great food, great people, competative competition, and crazy weather! Thanks for all your hard work, organization, and wonderful players packs. It was a pleasure.
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                      Just wanted to give one more huge thanks to Dee as well. Every year I come up, I am welcomed with great food, great people, competative competition, and crazy weather! Thanks for all your hard work, organization, and wonderful players packs. It was a pleasure.
                      Congrats on second place, not bad for an intermediate player playing advanced!
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X