Crystal Mountain "Mountain High" Disc Golf Tournament-August 28-29 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Round Each Day
    No Final 9 beacuase of the additional time that the Summit Course takes. We do not want the event to stretch late in the afternoon on Sunday.

Dee

Comment

2010 Mountain High Registration Update

Take a look at the current registration list...

If your name is not there, go ahead and get registered ASAP.

We are ahead of the pace last year but I would like to have everyone setup in advance to make checkin go smooth and get a quick start on Saturday.

Hole Sponsors are needed and VERY APPRECIATED. Big props to Ben Minson, Mary & Tom Mando's & John Lorber!!! Thanks..

All those who register by Saturday 8/21/10 are guaranteed a T-Shirt.

Tournament Stamp Discs (Glow Leopard & Champ Max) are in. Everyone gets a disc at checkin!!

Printable registration flyer.

Lots of people playing up here this weekend getting dialed in.

Get in touch with me if you have any questions
      206-295-6618
      dee@crystalhotels.com

Thanks,

Dee

Comment

Originally posted by mountainhigh View Post
        1 Round Each Day
        No Final 9 beacuase of the additional time that the Summit Course takes. We do not want the event to stretch late in the afternoon on Sunday.

Dee
        I was just up at crystal a couple weekends ago for the first time. We played the summit 18 holes and it was burly. Our round took well over 5 hours! In fact I didnt even finish the last 2 holes cause I was looking for a frisbee.

Am I correct there are 27 baskets out there and the 2 courses share 9 holes? In other words are we playing those 9 holes once each day as part of the 2 courses?

Ashley and I will be there and are signing up soon.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post
          I was just up at crystal a couple weekends ago for the first time. We played the summit 18 holes and it was burly. Our round took well over 5 hours! In fact I didnt even finish the last 2 holes cause I was looking for a frisbee.

Am I correct there are 27 baskets out there and the 2 courses share 9 holes? In other words are we playing those 9 holes once each day as part of the 2 courses?

Eric
          You are correct sir, the back nine for both courses are the same holes. Have fun.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

With the exception of the approach to hole 10. It plays differently depending on if you are playing down from the summit course or playing the base course.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Tournament Format

Originally posted by Lund View Post

Eric

Hey Eric,

You are correct that we have 27 baskets on our normal layout.

BUT...

We are adding a Temporary Tournament 9 for the event so there will be 2 seperate 18 hole courses.

Each group will play 1 round on both courses for the tournament. (trying to bottleneck everyone through the back 9 would be challenging to say the least).

Glad to hear you & Ashley are coming up...Looking forward to seeing you again.

Thanks,

Dee

Comment

I'm looking for a carpool Friday from Seattle. We can use my car if necessary, but it's on the smaller side.

PM me with your phone number.
                - Kyle
                anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Hey Kyle,

You can cruise with me if you like.

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                    Hey Kyle,

You can cruise with me if you like.
                    Kyle,
                    Be careful "cruising" with John. There are a lot of reststops between Mukilteo and Crystal Mountain......

Comment

I figured it would be a great ice breaker though.

Nothing more relaxing then the mens stall in a public restroom eh BA? Isn't that where you were conceived?

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Wait a minute! WAIT A MINUTE!

John that's why you stop at every rest stop on road trips and this whole "I have a weak prostate" thing is just a front? Good to know buddy.

And now you're playing Crystal Mountain without tell me? AND you're trying to pick up on Kyle who clearly is mine.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

akward...

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Ready to go!!

The course is set and YOUR time is here.

Our first crew of golfers has already setup the tents and we are siked for the weekend.

Temporary 9 for the Summit Course is setup courtesy of the loaner baskets from Mark and Pierce County Disc Golf.

Get ready for the fun and try to get here as early as possible tomorrow to try out some of the new holes.

Registration and Checkin Party starts at 8:00pm on Friday.

Saturday Morning Registration & Checkin opens at 8:00am.

Players meeting Saturday morning at 9:30am and tee off following.

The weather has cooled down but should be pretty good for the weekend. Be prepared...

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it this weekend!!

Thanks,

Dee

Comment

any suggestions for Crystal Mtn Tournament newbies? I know what to bring to a typical event but what should I bring that is different for this one?

Comment

Originally posted by pdduubb View Post
                                any suggestions for Crystal Mtn Tournament newbies? I know what to bring to a typical event but what should I bring that is different for this one?
                                Bring lots of extra discs.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X