Crystal Mountain "Mountain High" Disc Golf Tournament-August 28-29 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we went up there last weekend. Dee said that 17 and 18 are gonna be in until they have to be removed for the construction. hopefully they remain until the tourney!

Comment

Huge thanks to all that put in the course! Still can't believe there's a course at Crystal Mountain...learned to ski there and now get to chuck discs there....awesome.

Comment

Camping? Host hotel?

Where does "everyone" stay? I've never been there, but the internet maps show Enumclaw to be 1:30+ away, and it appears to be the closest town.
        Is there a tournament campground or host hotel? Are all the "ski" hotels open? Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Mountain High Tournament Lodging

Crystal Mountain Hotels is the host hotel and is offering discounted lodging for Disc Golfers. All rooms include Continental Breakfast too. The Alpine Inn/Snorting Elk Cellar are "Tournament Central" and there is a putting green right in front of the hotel/bar.

There are Designated USFS campgrounds 7 & 10 miles off the mountain. Many golfers camp in the ski resort parking lots (free) and surrounding areas. RV Hookups are available at the resort for $20 and are within walking distance to everything.

Thanks for asking.

Comment

Dee is the man. Huge thanks to him and all that have helped with the course being put in and taken care of. The summit course is amazing but watch your step.
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Is this full?
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1278435655

This leads me to believe it is not full
                Read this ^

Comment

Crystal listing at pdga

Why is there no registration list at the pdga calendar? I'd like to see how full it is and who's onboard. It's 3 weeks away and there is rumor of being sold out? (see above)
                  Or maybe noone has signed up yet? That would explain the lack of listings. I'll go with that and stop worrying about the sell out.

Comment

I've been signed up for a few weeks now... the earliest I've signed up for a tournament to date-- I've been checking periodically for a players list as well... just curious to see who might've signed up>> could you hook that up for us when you get a chance, Dee? I hope to see some of you Oregon (and Eastern WA) guys there for some mountain golf + super good times...
                    I'd venture to guess that it's half-full at this point>> I know of several people planning to play that have yet to sign up... I'll give them a nudge for you Dee.

Will the bathrooms w/ showers be open for those of us planning to camp?
                    Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; August 4th, 2010, 07:31 PM.
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Tournament is NOT full.

I just have not taken the time to add the registration list but will try to get it updated on Friday.

Comment

Mountain High Updates...

Thanks to Shavonne for her efforts in creating our logo again this year. Checkout her custom artwork!!!

Giver her a shoutout the next time you see her...

We now have minimum $1500 added cash for this years event!!!

Registration is wide open and plenty of spots left. Thanks for your patience for those wanting to know who is currently signed up. We will keep the registration list updated at least weekly until the event.

If you are interested, get it in gear and signup asap. Remember that each registration includes 1 lift ticket for the famed Crystal Mountain Summit Course!!!

stay tuned here and our blog for updates.

Discount lodging is available with Crystal Mountain Hotels. Plenty of camping in the area. There are public restrooms at the Day Lodge, Restaurant & Bar but there are no public showers.

Hope to see you on the course soon. A trip up here to familiarize yourself with the course and conditions is in order..

Dee

Comment

Just signed up. A Portland contingent will be in attendance. Sending a scout up this weekend to check the layout. Can I get an amen for mountain golf?
                          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I've checked the Crystal website, the PDGA site, as well as this thread and have been unable to find an answer: I was wondering what the schedule was for the tourney, i.e. how many rounds? I saw multiple places that there are 2 courses. Does that mean one round each? 2 rounds on one and one on the other? 2 rounds on each? What about the schedule for Sunday?
                            I'm considering signing up, but I sort of want to know what I would be getting myself into considering the driving distance involved and the need to work the following day....hundreds of miles away....

Comment

Originally posted by esquire View Post
                              I've checked the Crystal website, the PDGA site, as well as this thread and have been unable to find an answer: I was wondering what the schedule was for the tourney, i.e. how many rounds? I saw multiple places that there are 2 courses. Does that mean one round each? 2 rounds on one and one on the other? 2 rounds on each? What about the schedule for Sunday?
                              I'm considering signing up, but I sort of want to know what I would be getting myself into considering the driving distance involved and the need to work the following day....hundreds of miles away....

One round each day...you should sign up, this tournament kicks ass!!
                              Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; August 13th, 2010, 10:45 PM. Reason: no final 9

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                                Just signed up. A Portland contingent will be in attendance. Sending a scout up this weekend to check the layout. Can I get an amen for mountain golf?
                                Amen!!

Looking forward to seeing you there Justin!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X