X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood Doubles 5pm thursdays

So I was elected to be the new TD for the thursday random doubles at lakewood. 10 players were out in fine form today. I'd like to say thanks to Tuffi for the score cards. There ended up being 3 extra holes played for the big win as 2 teams ended 18 holes with 12 down per team. The ace pot went to Tuffi/Brent with ctp on short 6. Team Rob/Ming ended up with the ctp/birdy on the final hole.The final was to drive from the path just 25 up from 12 short basket to the 14 basket. Ming did some seirous valet parking 5 feet from the pin!! Thanks to all for chuckin' plastic at lakewood!! Lets kick this off and let the discs fly!!

Lakewood Disc Golf Course
    Thursdays at 5pm sharp
    Cost 5 per player + 1 for ace pot
    contact- micahklingel @ comcast.net /253-831 6337
    Last edited by Mikk; April 30th, 2010, 10:24 AM.
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Calendarized!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I decided to provide an extra ace prize. I will get some schwag from Chainbangerz and provide 1 extra ace prize every thursday. This prize will be anounced at the begining of the round. If there is more than 1 ace then there will be a ctp just for the prize as the ace money will be devided up. I will provide the prize out of my own pocket and there is NO CHARGE for this but you must be part of the doubles to qualify. The ace hole for this prize will be chozen at random and change every thusrsday. I don't buy junk either and I like the cool shwag available from Chainbangerz!!!
      Last edited by Mikk; April 30th, 2010, 06:54 PM.
      Hukin since 1992
      DGOD #115

Comment

I'm a little confused, if no one gets an ace will the ace prize be up for CTP? Do you have to ace a specific hole on the course to get the prize or ace money?
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

If no ace happens then the ace pot is held over til the next thursday. However I'm still offering up the extra prize on a chosen hole for ctp for all players involved. If 1 ace happens then the winner gets bolth the ace pot and the extra schwag. This gives everybody an equal chance of wining something.
          Hukin since 1992
          DGOD #115

Comment

Ah, very cool, thanks Mikk!
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Thanks for running Thursday Dubs... I was anxious to get out to Lakewood yesterday afternoon, but was told that it was no longer scheduled due to the lack of a TD... unfortunately for me, I'll only be able to make the first few Thursdays, with softball games landing on Tuesday & Thursday evenings-- might have to skip a game later in the summer if the ace pot builds up.

I know Lakewood's in the short placements right now, but most days there will be no ace... I assume this would mean that the ace 'pot' would carry over, correct? Also, perhaps you should give away your schwag (& any other generous donations) as designated ctp prizes... or even a short ctp throw for everyone at the end of the round-- something to look forward to at the end, & a good way to turn someones' frown upside-down. Ace it and you get all of the schwag, or top few ctps split it otherwise? Just a thought, or two.
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Thats the idea about the extra schwag that I'm giving up. Even if no ace is thrown there is still schwag thats up for grabs with a ctp. I have my own basket so it might just appear for this reason. Say mabe between the trees on hole 13 or to the left of the trees on 17. Make it challenging but close so it could be anybodys shot for schwag.
                Hukin since 1992
                DGOD #115

Comment

Ok so here it is folks I'm throwin 20.00$ gift cards from chainbangerz into the ace pot every thursday. If there is no ace then its a ctp prize EVERY thursday for the gift card. Not on long holes but the shorter ones. Andy got the ctp prize last night on the coffin hole #7!! See ya'all next thursday!!

The cost is now 7 dollars. 5 to the game 1 to the ace pot and 1 to the club.
                  Ace pot is now 20$
                  Hukin since 1992
                  DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X