Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good thing they are 400 miles apart

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    Good thing they are 400 miles apart
    I believe the point was not the exact distance between events but the fact that POTENTIAL WA Series participants from East of the Mountains are much more likely to head even farther East (It's only 180 miles from Spokane/Missoula VS the 280 across the state) and support a series that more reflects the entire states demographic then just within 60 miles of Stelli.

Interesting couple of points
    First: INWS series dates were set (well except final) mid Feb.
    and

Second:Two of the WA Series steering committee members are in fact the INWS CO Coordinators. So the POTENTIAL conflict of dates was well know in that circle then. Clearly the westies got there way. imnsho

This again broaches the question: Why allow such a big hole (June 7th-July 3rd) in The WA Series and then stuff 4 sanctioned events, (3 West, 1 East [2 WA Series, 1 INWS] and one non SERIES ) in a 5 week period?
    rewindb.com

you just can't let it go can you, lol

im sure this must be frustrating, but....

in the end these two event are so far apart it really doesn't matter.

i think most "westies" really care about the washington series, and most inlanders care about, well the inland series.
    www.soulpancake.com
    www.bahai.org
    http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
      you just can't let it go can you, lol

im sure this must be frustrating, but....
      Clearly others are asking the same question!

in the end these two event are so far apart it really doesn't matter.
      But it is a symptom of a growing issue

i think most "westies" really care about the washington series, and most inlanders care about, well the inland series.
      That's my point:
      Instead of COMPEETING for players we should be coordinating for them.

This discussion does not even (but should) include OR. events as well
      rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
        This again broaches the question: Why allow such a big hole (June 7th-July 3rd) in The WA Series and then stuff 4 sanctioned events, (3 West, 1 East [2 WA Series, 1 INWS] and one non SERIES ) in a 5 week period?
        You know TD's have a life away from DG
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Good point Tim

So maybe the weekend should be the objective more than the person running it.

ie Why Stelli is not in the series.
          Either no one could run it on it's traditional weekend(s) or the TD could only run it on certain weekends.

This brings up an entirely different set of questions
          When an Event is scheduled is it
          A at the TD's convenience (My personal belief)
          B at the Club's convenience
          C at the players convenience
          rewindb.com

Comment

We now have a WA state series which is more than we had around this time last year. With the number of courses and players we have in the area we are going to have "conflicts". But is a choice really a conflict? If I cared so much about competing in a series event I would drive an extra 100 miles to do so. If I wanted to play in an awesome tourney that is on the same day a series event and is closer to home, I would do that. It is my decision and it is the decision of every golfer in and around our state what tourney or series they want to play. If this is a problem I fail to see how it is a negative. Yes the scheduling could have been better but something is better than nothing. I am greatful for the people that put in the time to help move our series forward. Thank you all for looking to the future. I am sure that what has been learned from this year will be applied to next.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
              We now have a WA state series which is more than we had around this time last year. With the number of courses and players we have in the area we are going to have "conflicts". But is a choice really a conflict? If I cared so much about competing in a series event I would drive an extra 100 miles to do so. If I wanted to play in an awesome tourney that is on the same day a series event and is closer to home, I would do that. It is my decision and it is the decision of every golfer in and around our state what tourney or series they want to play. If this is a problem I fail to see how it is a negative. Yes the scheduling could have been better but something is better than nothing. I am greatful for the people that put in the time to help move our series forward. Thank you all for looking to the future. I am sure that what has been learned from this year will be applied to next.
              Well put. I totally agree, as multiple options are a + not a - in my mind.
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                Spoken like a true DG'r.

I guess when logistics are the most important factor of scheduling events on the same weekend the TD's actually are deciding on who's playing and who's not.

Lets face it DG's are lazy and will always chose closer/easier!

Observation
                DG'rs will play 500 extra holes no sweat but want to park right up front

Better than nothing is a good one!

Chris/ Series TD's don't take this personally because you are helping; Chris by running the JR Clinic (a great idea whos time is long overdue) and the Series TD's for your individual efforts

But that attitude sucks. I personally don't like wasting my time and a half assed effort is not pereferable to no effort at all.

"If you don't have time to do it right the first time, When will you have time to do it over?"

You ask why I say half assed I was helping with the 2010 series and was banned for showing oposition to the status quoe. Effort is better than none mentality! The idea of a minimalist series has led to the back room deals. This lack of cohesion or consideration of the community as a whole is our reward.

If you ask me all of the WA series events are capable of supporting themselves with out the series drain on their quality.
                rewindb.com

Comment

What is your goal of this topic? What do you hope to accomplish with this discussion?
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

The points of this thread are
                    Sell Outs and Series Participation for Tournaments

Sell Outs
                    The assumption that events that coincide on the same weekend (no matter how far apart) will still sell out(no matter the quality) and that the NW player density will support this theory.

Series Participation for Tournaments
                    Series Golf implies some of golfers will be drawn to events across the state by the mere fact it's part of a series. Otherwise why would anyone even consider contributing to a series that they know geographic speaking players want to play closer to home. By offering competing events on the same weekend Yes, the players have some choice but not as * clear cut as it could be.

Lets talk about the Big Gap. The theroy seems to be if there is a gap between WA Tourn'ies Players will be "Jones"ing to play. Not bad marketing, really. Just myopic.
                    Last edited by LJ Jubner; April 29th, 2010, 12:11 PM. Reason: * word "much" removed
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Spoken like a true DG'r.

I guess when logistics are the most important factor of scheduling events on the same weekend the TD's actually are deciding on who's playing and who's not.

Lets face it DG's are lazy and will always chose closer/easier!

Observation
                      DG'rs will play 500 extra holes no sweat but want to park right up front

Better than nothing is a good one!

Chris/ Series TD's don't take this personally because you are helping; Chris by running the JR Clinic (a great idea whos time is long overdue) and the Series TD's for your individual efforts

But that attitude sucks. I personally don't like wasting my time and a half assed effort is not pereferable to no effort at all.

"If you don't have time to do it right the first time, When will you have time to do it over?"

You ask why I say half assed I was helping with the 2010 series and was banned for showing oposition to the status quoe. Effort is better than none mentality! The idea of a minimalist series has led to the back room deals. This lack of cohesion or consideration of the community as a whole is our reward.

If you ask me all of the WA series events are capable of supporting themselves with out the series drain on their quality.

Jub, it wasn't your opposition to the status quot that got you banned from the series coordinator board, it was the fact that your a trash talking douche bag!

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times...If you want to talk shit, call me, and we can work you through it together!
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

The points of this thread are
                        Sell Outs and Series Participation for Tournaments

Sell Outs
                        The assumption that events that coincide on the same weekend (no matter how far apart) will still sell out(no matter the quality) and that the NW player density will support this theory.

Series Participation for Tournaments
                        Series Golf implies some of golfers will be drawn to events across the state by the mere fact it's part of a series. Otherwise why would anyone even consider contributing to a series that they know geographic speaking players want to play closer to home. By offering competing events on the same weekend Yes, the players have some choice but not as * clear cut as it could be.

Lets talk about the Big Gap. The theroy seems to be if there is a gap between WA Tourn'ies Players will be "Jones"ing to play. Not bad marketing, really. Just myopic.
                        Those are the points, now what do you want to accomplish?
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

What I am hoping to accomplish is having players,TD etc realize that if we are not careful are greatest asset (growth of the sport) is also our greatest liability.

I also want to point out the hypocrisy that TD's do decide where and when we play and that players have really no say when events are held
                          rewindb.com

Comment

I'll tell you what I'd like to see accomplished.

I'd like to see series tournament dates selected earlier in the year. The reason PDGA requires A Tier+ events to schedule before January 1st is so that the rest of us TD's can schedule around them.

Given the time and effort that it takes to set up, schedule and coordinate an entire series of events, I believe that the PDGA State Coordinator should take these dates into consideration when approving events that are in another Series and/or outside the required distances and give them some protection.
                            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                              I'll tell you what I'd like to see accomplished.

I'd like to see series tournament dates selected earlier in the year. The reason PDGA requires A Tier+ events to schedule before January 1st is so that the rest of us TD's can schedule around them.

Given the time and effort that it takes to set up, schedule and coordinate an entire series of events, I believe that the PDGA State Coordinator should take these dates into consideration when approving events that are in another Series and/or outside the required distances and give them some protection.
                              I would hope that with a full year to plan for the series next year this can be done.
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X