Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there going to be a final 9 for anyone other than the pro field?? Advanced men?????? pu pu pu pleeeaaassssee

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
      Hey Scott or anyone else,

Are there player packs? IF so, do you know what they are? I am guessing there are CFR discs for sale?
      Your a CFR junkie
      Read this ^

Comment

Anybody planning on camping at Fairgrounds...?
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by BIGARMBRANDON View Post
          is there going to be a final 9 for anyone other than the pro field?? Advanced men?????? pu pu pu pleeeaaassssee
          Its a unique final nine. The tournament is over after 3 rounds but the 4 top pros are taken to play a skin doubles match. Their partner is chosen by the pro drawing a raffle ticket. The player with the matching raffle ticket gets to play an alternate shot doubles match with the pro. Raffle tickets will be sold but not sure on price. It should be fun.
          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
            Your a CFR junkie
            I am, I think I need therapy!
            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              Its a unique final nine. The tournament is over after 3 rounds but the 4 top pros are taken to play a skin doubles match. Their partner is chosen by the pro drawing a raffle ticket. The player with the matching raffle ticket gets to play an alternate shot doubles match with the pro. Raffle tickets will be sold but not sure on price. It should be fun.
              thats..... interesting
              www.soulpancake.com
              www.bahai.org
              http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Is the players meeting at the same place, then leave to respected courses. Or do is there two seperate player meetings?
                www.soulpancake.com
                www.bahai.org
                http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
                  thats..... interesting
                  That's what I thought. Kind of odd.
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Okay, sorry about the absence from the board but things got a little busy around the place. so here are some answers....

Nathan is correct on his assessment of how the final nine is working. Jason Coke used this format at the Steilly supertour and it has also been used quite successfully around the country at events. I know it was a great success for Jason and we are hoping to have the same luck. It's cool because EVERYONE has a chance to get into the skins (it's all in the luck of the draw) and everyone also gets the chance to see the top players of the event playing. Neither of those things are true when there is a final nine for all the divisions. There will be money already set for the skins and all money from the raffle tickets will be added to the pot so hopefully it can get biggity big! Tickets will be a five bucks each or five for twenty. Yep, it's more than your typical dollar raffle but you are putting money in to get a chance to play with a top pro to win some cash in front of all your buddies. How cool is that? Very cool...

As for players packs you will be sitting very nice. All divisions, with the exception of Open Men, will be getting custom printed dri-fit t-shirts. ALL divisions will be getting a disc of either the ESP or Star type, four models of each plastic to choose from. Want the best choice? Get to the tourney early to check in and you will get the best choice.

As for CFR discs....yes, we got 'em. Already in at the pro shop at Dalaiwood are Cryztal Challengers, Stalkers, Buzzz's and Avenger SS's. Coming today will be the Innova load with Glow Champion Destroyers, Wraiths and Monarchs, Gummy Star Rhynos, Rubber Wood Aviars, Ontario Rocs and San Marino Rocs and Echo Destroyers, Bosses and Wraiths. This should be what Innova is sending so don't kill me if it all doesn't show up. So stop by Dalaiwood early or see us at the event for your chance to get some cool plastic.

As for where to be on tourney day (Saturday), you need to be at the course you play first. For Open Men, Open Women, Pro Masters and Advanced you all need to be at NAD for check in and ready to play the first round. For those who have not attended a tourney run by me before, please know that we will run ON TIME with no exceptions. We do this so as to not penalize the vast majority of the people that are on time and have planned their day accordingly. All other divisions need to be at the Kitsap Fairground course to check in on Saturday morning and be ready to play there. If you have any further questions please post them or send me a message and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Also, from the Paul office, the campgrounds look awesome and are well worth the 10 bucks a night. Paul is checking today into whether or not more than one tent can be placed at the sight and whether or not the showers will be functioning for the event. He is hoping to get this going so I will keep everyone appraised.

I think that answered all the questions that I see. If I missed something I am sure you will all be MORE than happy to let me know. If you have not signed up yet and are planning to come and play, please get with either me or Paul so that we can be ready for you as we are setting boards and prepping for play right now.

Thanks for everyone's support and get ready for a great weekend!

Later,
                    Papa
                    Team Discraft
                    Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
                      Okay, sorry about the absence from the board but things got a little busy around the place. so here are some answers....

Nathan is correct on his assessment of how the final nine is working. Jason Coke used this format at the Steilly supertour and it has also been used quite successfully around the country at events. I know it was a great success for Jason and we are hoping to have the same luck. It's cool because EVERYONE has a chance to get into the skins (it's all in the luck of the draw) and everyone also gets the chance to see the top players of the event playing. Neither of those things are true when there is a final nine for all the divisions. There will be money already set for the skins and all money from the raffle tickets will be added to the pot so hopefully it can get biggity big! Tickets will be a five bucks each or five for twenty. Yep, it's more than your typical dollar raffle but you are putting money in to get a chance to play with a top pro to win some cash in front of all your buddies. How cool is that? Very cool...

As for players packs you will be sitting very nice. All divisions, with the exception of Open Men, will be getting custom printed dri-fit t-shirts. ALL divisions will be getting a disc of either the ESP or Star type, four models of each plastic to choose from. Want the best choice? Get to the tourney early to check in and you will get the best choice.

As for CFR discs....yes, we got 'em. Already in at the pro shop at Dalaiwood are Cryztal Challengers, Stalkers, Buzzz's and Avenger SS's. Coming today will be the Innova load with Glow Champion Destroyers, Wraiths and Monarchs, Gummy Star Rhynos, Rubber Wood Aviars, Ontario Rocs and San Marino Rocs and Echo Destroyers, Bosses and Wraiths. This should be what Innova is sending so don't kill me if it all doesn't show up. So stop by Dalaiwood early or see us at the event for your chance to get some cool plastic.

As for where to be on tourney day (Saturday), you need to be at the course you play first. For Open Men, Open Women, Pro Masters and Advanced you all need to be at NAD for check in and ready to play the first round. For those who have not attended a tourney run by me before, please know that we will run ON TIME with no exceptions. We do this so as to not penalize the vast majority of the people that are on time and have planned their day accordingly. All other divisions need to be at the Kitsap Fairground course to check in on Saturday morning and be ready to play there. If you have any further questions please post them or send me a message and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Also, from the Paul office, the campgrounds look awesome and are well worth the 10 bucks a night. Paul is checking today into whether or not more than one tent can be placed at the sight and whether or not the showers will be functioning for the event. He is hoping to get this going so I will keep everyone appraised.

I think that answered all the questions that I see. If I missed something I am sure you will all be MORE than happy to let me know. If you have not signed up yet and are planning to come and play, please get with either me or Paul so that we can be ready for you as we are setting boards and prepping for play right now.

Thanks for everyone's support and get ready for a great weekend!

Later,
                      Papa
                      Wow Scott! That is much more than I expected. Thanks, as I always enjoy your tournaments, even if there is no llama.
                      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Heading up tomorrow to play a couple rounds. Then home to load the camper and the family and back up on Friday! Getting stoked for this one!
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I really like the sound of this final 9, never heard of such a thing before, but I think that's awesome. What's better than watching the top pros play off at the end of a tourney? Playing with the top pros at the end of a tourney.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

that sounds like a blast I'd love to do that looks like Im buyin some raffle tickets

Comment

The raffle is randown drawing, for any competitor? or just pro divison? Odd, but sounds like fun.
                              "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                              PDGA # 42821
                              Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Sounds fun!
                                'Weekend 4 Women':
                                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X