X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 lilac city open

Online Registration is open for the Lilac City Open.

You can register at PDGA Signup.

The Flyer/Entry is attached below.

This year will be the best LCO ever, we are anticipating that some of the Pros from the BSF will be competing this year as in past years.

Don't sign up late, we've filled early the last three years.
    Last edited by Wobbly Bob; April 13th, 2010, 07:58 AM.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

I'm exited to come play in this event, I've never played in the Spokane area so it'll be good excuse to finally make the trip out there. If there are any Portland golfers interested playing let me know if you're interested in the possibility of carpooling, I get 48mpg but splitting driving costs would be extra nice.

P.S. I will still be volunteering for the first BSF weekend. Can't miss out on all the fun.
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I'll be there, I dont see me moving up from 22nd on the BSF waitlist.
      www.soulpancake.com
      www.bahai.org
      http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Will the LCO be capped at 144 (or more?) players like years past?

Comment

27x5=135

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
          Will the LCO be capped at 144 (or more?) players like years past?
          Like years past if LCO exceeds this number, somethings got to give. With a little nudge I think BOB may opt for an exibition 9 or 10 to follow regulation play since daylight will be so plentiful.......With registration just underway there are already 7 states represented. Interesting.

Comment

Thanks Gordy. I forgot to do the math for how many players Jumaji could feasibly hold for 1 round.

Comment

The last two year the LCO was capped at 144 and both years over 160 people got to compete.

This year the tournament cap is 180 and there is no wiggle room for more competitors.

As always there will be two pools for the LCO.

The "A" Pool will start Saturday morning at Downriver DGC. This pool will be comprised of the following divisions.
              • MPO
              • FPO
              • MPM
              • MPG
              • MA1

The "B" Pool will start Saturday at Highbridge DGC. This pool will contain all of the remaining divisions.

After the first round the players will have until 2:00 pm to swap courses where they will play their second round.

BBQ burgers, BBQ dogs, chips, potato salad and drinks will be available at Downriver during the break.

As soon as the last cards come in on Saturday afternoon we will be heading out to Four Mound DGR where the standings and hole assignments for Sunday will be posted.

After the third round on Sunday there may be some type of Exhibition Competition like Skins or ????

The Instant Win CTP Qualifier will also be held after the third round, if you hit an Ace while trying to qualify for the Toss-Off at the Finals we'll give you a basket (one per tournament) before you go home that day.

Special Thanks to our food sponsor again this year. We will have beverages and dinner provided on Sunday after the rounds.

Comment

Sponsorship Update

Sponsorship has allowed the Lilac City Open to increase the Pro Purse from the $500 added cash minimum to $1000 added cash.

The Top Four Open players will also be competing in a '10' Hole Skins Competition after tournament play is concluded.

Each SKIN will be worth $50

Comment

That is absolutely fantastic. Well done!!!

Iím really looking forward to golfing in Spokane again; itís been a couple years.
                  WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

I'll bump my earlier statement about looking for anyone from the Portland area who might be interested in carpool, I can drive or follow with any other group, with my current financial situation it would be tough to play in Spokane without being able to split up gas costs a bit.
                    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

skins 10?

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post

The Top Four Open players will also be competing in a '10' Hole Skins Competition after tournament play is concluded.

Each SKIN will be worth $50
                      Is that skins round only available to OPEN players, or will the finals include the top 4 scoring players? (I just like seeing old men like Marty, or Hot Rods like Jesse, try for skins)

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                        Is that skins round only available to OPEN players, or will the finals include the top 4 scoring players? (I just like seeing old men like Marty, or Hot Rods like Jesse, try for skins)
                        The SKINS will be comprised of the Top 4 Open players this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                          The SKINS will be comprised of the Top 4 Open players this year.
                          Not the biggest fan of the skins.. In my opinion you suck payout (In this case it's $500) away from the whole entire pro division and give it to the top 4 players..(WHO WERE ALREADY GOING TO TAKE THE MOST ANYWAY) I guess this is a good strategy if you only want the top 4 to come back next year but it seems to me that having a nice fat payout for the whole entire top 45% is what makes the pro players want to come back.. If I'm driving from Seattle and I know if I take last cash and making double my entry than to me it's completely worth the risk if funds are low.. If I know the only way to make anything is to place top 4 than I have less of a chance of going.. which means an overall smaller field for pros and an overall smaller payout which is the opposite of what organizers like Bob wants.
                          On the other hand I love the top 4 playing off for win, to me it allows the drama at the end of tourney to unfold in front of the crowd and its the stuff that brings back the crowds. I have heard people taking about past DRO's and LCO's where somebody hit a clutch putt or threw a clutch drive and took the tourney because of it. Those kinds of story's stick in people's minds forever.. not who took 3 skins by getting a birdie. To me skins is a let down from the competition which if I'm not mistaken is the reason why everybody is showing up in the first place. Have a big skins tourney and see if you get 180 people to show up..
                          I am not wishing to be critical of Bob's efforts here, Stimpi, the Windy RO and Sir Jubby Jubness have all ran their finals this way, this year. It just seems like a plague that is taking away from our game. There is little or no pressure. People didn't drive from Eugene Or. to win 5 skins.. THEY CAME HERE TO WIN A TOURNAMENT! The most important thing is the win. Allow the crowds to see these players battle it out for the TITLE!
                          Relax and enjoy your hair
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

BTW, Thanks for all TD's efforts in running tourneys and pulling in a great deal of sponsorship. It is MUCH appreciated
                            Relax and enjoy your hair
                            TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
                              Not the biggest fan of the skins.. In my opinion you suck payout (In this case it's $500) away from the whole entire pro division and give it to the top 4 players..(WHO WERE ALREADY GOING TO TAKE THE MOST ANYWAY) I guess this is a good strategy if you only want the top 4 to come back next year but it seems to me that having a nice fat payout for the whole entire top 45% is what makes the pro players want to come back.. If I'm driving from Seattle and I know if I take last cash and making double my entry than to me it's completely worth the risk if funds are low.. If I know the only way to make anything is to place top 4 than I have less of a chance of going.. which means an overall smaller field for pros and an overall smaller payout which is the opposite of what organizers like Bob wants.
                              On the other hand I love the top 4 playing off for win, to me it allows the drama at the end of tourney to unfold in front of the crowd and its the stuff that brings back the crowds. I have heard people taking about past DRO's and LCO's where somebody hit a clutch putt or threw a clutch drive and took the tourney because of it. Those kinds of story's stick in people's minds forever.. not who took 3 skins by getting a birdie. To me skins is a let down from the competition which if I'm not mistaken is the reason why everybody is showing up in the first place. Have a big skins tourney and see if you get 180 people to show up..
                              I am not wishing to be critical of Bob's efforts here, Stimpi, the Windy RO and Sir Jubby Jubness have all ran their finals this way, this year. It just seems like a plague that is taking away from our game. There is little or no pressure. People didn't drive from Eugene Or. to win 5 skins.. THEY CAME HERE TO WIN A TOURNAMENT! The most important thing is the win. Allow the crowds to see these players battle it out for the TITLE!
                              I'd say those are fair points, but from the other side of things (particularly the spectators), I think it's cool to watch the top players go at each hole with nothing to lose. In regular tourney play, there's always the risk/reward, and most often, the players will be playing it safe. You still get to see some good golf being played for sure, but it's not always the most exciting. Skins on the other hand, the players get to show off a bit and not have to worry too much about the consequences if their ballsy shots don't pay off. Yeah, people might not remember who won how many skins, but you can be sure people still talk about Feldberg's birdie on 16 at SeaTac, his overdrive on 17 from last year, Dion's park job/ace run on the same hole, and his sportsmanship after Ming's huge birdie on 7 this year.

The payout thing for those that don't make the cut is a legitimate gripe I suppose, but I guess it all comes down to different strokes for different folks.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X