X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCDG Series Announcement!!!

MCDG is proud to announce the Mason County Disc Golf Series! Join us April through September for seven events that highlight Mason County's premiere Disc Golf Courses. The events will include 6 monthly Tournaments and, the soon-to-be-flagship-MCDG event, the Mason County Disc Golf Championship. The series will be points based. Points are rewarded based on finishes of Series events. The points from each players 3 best finishes of Series events will be added to their finish at the MCDG Championship event to determine Series Champions. These non-sanctioned events will have 5 divisions, "Pro" "Adv" "Rec" "Youth" "Women".

MCDG Series Dates:
    4/25
    5/30
    6/13
    7/18
    8/1 MCDG Championship*
    8/15
    9/19

The inaugural Series will kick-off on April 25th, at the Shelton Springs Disc Golf Course. A sneak-peak 12 hole layout will be used for the event. The playing field will be limited to 60 players, so if you're interested in taking part of this event, please RSVP by filling out the pre-register form found at the bottom of this link here:
    http://www.masoncountydiscgolf.com/t...eries/april-25
    This RSVP will ensure your place among the 60 participants. You will have until 15 min before check-in closes, the day of the event, to pay-n-play. If, 15 min before the close of check-in, there are unfilled spots, participants will be chosen via a wait-list in a first-come-first-serve fashion.

For further info on Rules, Dates and Costs refer to:
    www.masoncountydiscgolf.com

Please feel free to print out the flyer below and post it at your local Disc Golf Course.

Thought I'd update this post and say we still have a few spots available for the April 25th event. I would also point out in case it was not made clear that these events all stand on their own. The series is just a little something extra for folks planning to play in more than one or two events.

So if your not doing anything on that Sunday come on over to Shelton and see what we have to work with and what we've done so far. If you've been around the proverbial block when it comes to courses we would love to hear what you think about our current direction.

I can tell you that we are trying to create a course that will rank right near/on the top of everyones list of great must play courses in WA. We are hovering around par 63 with the current 18 hole layout. The event on the 25th will be par 43 per 12 holes X 3 rounds so 36 holes, par 129 for the day.

To RSVP please visit http://www.masoncountydiscgolf.com/t...eries/april-25
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think I can make it out the first event because I live almost 2 hours away. I do wish you guys all the best in the world, sounds like you are doing a great job. Keep being a great role model for disc golf in WA and especially on the west side of the cascades. I look forward to seeing some of you at team golf again in the winter.

Thomas Little
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

With 3 days to go before we kick-off the Series we have nearly 40 people RSVP'd. Remember, we are capping this event at 60 players. So if you haven't yet, do it here:
        Your RSVP will hold your spot for the first 30 minutes of registration. At 8:30, RSVP's will be void and we will work off a waitlist.

Directions to the Shelton Springs Disc Golf Course:
        Take exit 104 to merge onto US-101 N 21.5 mi
        Take the Wallace Kneeland Blvd exit 0.2 mi
        Turn right at E Wallace Kneeland Blvd 0.6 mi
        Take the 1st left onto N Shelton Springs Rd
        Destination will be on the right 0.5 mi

Park in the gravel lot and head onto the Huff and Puff Trail. Once on the trail take your first right and walk a few minutes. You will come across the Tee for Hole 1 on the rightside of the trail. There will be an access road just beyond the Tee that leads to a fenced wellhouse. Tournament Central will be there.

The Schedule for the Tounament will look like this:
        8:00am Reg opens
        8:45am Reg closes
        9:00am Player Meeting
        9:15am First Round Start
        Hour Lunch Break
        TBD Second Round Start
        Winners Ceremony
        Sleep!

Here is a map of the area (unfortunately, the computer is smarter than me and I can only provide the link to the map, sorry):
        http://www.masoncountydiscgolf.com/c...helton-springs

The first round will consist of 24 holes (2 go-arounds) from the Red ("AM"/"easier") Tee's, followed by an hour lunch break. The second round will consists of 12 holes, some of which will be played from the Black ("Pro"/"WTF") Tee's.

Also, feel free to join our mailing list to recieve information on upcoming events.
        http://www.masoncountydiscgolf.com/home

Thanks, and see you there!

Comment

I actually will be making my way out there tomorrow morning.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Great first event! MCDG is a great club doing a ton of good things and their newest course is a blast to play, it's frustrating from a scoring perspective, hehe but fun. Kevin and Morgan, you guys did a good job running this event; we appreciate your hard work as good TD's are hard to come by. Keep it up!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yeah, you guys did a great job and I'm really digging the course thus far. Everything seems solid out there and the big holes aren't just long, they are well thought out and challenging from start to finish. All of the holes have nice fairways (didn't see any trees that I thought needed to go) and it is already very playable for being so new. You can really see all the work being done out there - once you get regular players putting thier feet on the ground, the brush is going to clear out so quickly

Thanks guys and congrats to Gilberts who took home the Open division!
              'Weekend 4 Women':
              Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
              Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Thanks for coming down you two! cefire I never got to ask you how you felt about the last round from the "PRO" pads?

Also if you don't mind can you reply or PM with your Player Rating? Ineed one more for a accurate SSA. Right now with data I have I'm estimating 39 but would love to have a few more numbers to throw in the mix.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought the Pro tees were all excellent, it seems like you guys have done some pretty careful consideration of both different skill levels, par assignment, and overall fun design.

I had visions of Hornet's Nest in NCarolina through some portions which is really cool. Can't wait to get back there and play, long drive be damned!

Officially rating is 975, but I feel like I'm probably 5-10 points lower than that these days...
                  Last edited by cefire; April 26th, 2010, 05:01 PM.
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words! This was a great way to kick-off the season. We're already making plans to make the next event more fun and challenging. We will be posting results soon on the MCDG website. Thanks again!

Comment

Here are the results for the first event:

And the overall Series Standings:
                      http://www.masoncountydiscgolf.com/t...ries/standings

Look forward to seeing everyone next month, May 30th!

Comment

I meant to have this posted a week ago but for better or worse it's been a crazy couple of weeks!

MCDG is proud to announce the second installment of our Mason County Disc Golf Series, The Shelton Springs Spring Fling Thing (HA-HA!) We will play 2 rounds of 18 holes. 17 of these holes will be part of the final version of the Shelton Springs Disc Golf Course. Like the last event, we will have a RSVP sign-up that ensures that you'll have a spot among the 72 available spots. This might seem like over-kill, but we'd like to get everyone used to this method so we can have piece of mind if and when we do meet the maximum-player predicament. Please RSVP here:
                        http://www.masoncountydiscgolf.com/t...-series/may-30

We had a blast last month and we intend on keeping the good times coming. The Ace Pot is still in effect due to the fact the only Ace hit at the last event was during a playoff (yeah, that happened!). We've also listened to our players, and have created/refined holes that are more LHBH friendly. Thank you all for coming out and not only supporting us, but helping shape the Course through sound advice and an army of feet to tromp the schule.

Comment

With a few days left before our May 30th event we still have plenty of room on the RSVP list. So, if you are not playing or spectating at the BSF this weekend, come play in our little shindig. The work parties in the last few weeks have yielded a few new holes, and have evened out the Courses shot selections to include more LHBH friendly shots.

Sing-up starts at 8:00am and ends at 8:45am, sharp(sorta!).

Parking for the event will be at the Huff N' Puff Trail parking lot, directly across the street from Shelton High School. Get on Trail and head down FIRST trail on the Right. You will see the Tee for Hole 1 on the right (about a 2 minute walk). Beyond the Tee there will be an access road; go left on access road to fenced pump-house station, Tournament Central will be there.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't make this one, I hope you all can forgive me. I'll be down at Horning's Hideout this weekend playing the big course for my 4th time and Canyon and Highlands for my umteenth time.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Great tournament.....great course!!! Shelton springs is quickly becoming a favorite.........cant wait to go back and do it all again. Its a difficult course with proper pars in place........i definitely want to try and do better. I know everyone thinks they could play and score alot better than they did, but that is what the course wants you think.

Thanks to all that ran the tournament and had the course looking great. I know you say the course is still a work in progress, but it played very well and the course will eventually thin itself out over time.

Keep up the good work!!!
                              WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X