Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright less than 30 spots remain for this event so If your thinking of attending please sign up I don't want to turn anyone away on the 18th.

Remember that while this is part of the Mason County Disc Golf Series it also stands up by itself as a fun little one day two round tournament on a FRESH NW course. We have Mach Vs on most the holes with 24 chainers for the few that are not DGA. The tee boxes while natural are flat and large 5x10-12. These tournaments are casual, laid back, and a great time.

See you Sunday the 18th, 8:00AM @ the almost famous Shelton Springs DGC.
    sigpic

Comment

Figure out what your doing this weekend?

Well if you haven't we still have a few spots left For the Throwdown in Sheltown. The city just mowed the open grassy areas for us and the guys are hard at work on the fairways, some of which look crazy awesome.

Final layout for Sunday puts us at par 62 and 8000+ ft for 18 holes and we will be playing two rounds so bring you walking shoes (or the shoes you play golf in). Weather man says 70 and Sunny with most the course being in the shade it should be perfect disc golf weather.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
        Figure out what your doing this weekend?

Well if you haven't we still have a few spots left For the Throwdown in Sheltown. The city just mowed the open grassy areas for us and the guys are hard at work on the fairways, some of which look crazy awesome.

Final layout for Sunday puts us at par 62 and 8000+ ft for 18 holes and we will be playing two rounds so bring you walking shoes (or the shoes you play golf in). Weather man says 70 and Sunny with most the course being in the shade it should be perfect disc golf weather.
        hey skookum,
        i want to sign up but dont know where to go on your website. can you sign me up for this sunday please?! thank you.

Orion (pro division please)
        Team HOSER:dancing:
        Team OLY:cheerleader:
        Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
          hey skookum,
          i want to sign up but dont know where to go on your website. can you sign me up for this sunday please?! thank you.

Orion (pro division please)
          never mind, i found it on your site. sorry.
          Team Meteor

Comment

Would somebody tell Terry to quit calling me at 6:30 Saturday morning for a ride to a SUNDAY tourney!!!!!
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

He's just practicing.

Comment

Or maybe he wants a ride to the work party going on today!

Comment

Thanks again to all responsible for putting on an awesome mcdg series tournament..........i am still in awe just how great this course is. See ya august 1st.........except for scott.......good luck.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Thanks to all who made it out yesterday. And I must reiterate, HUGE THANKS to all the volunteers who've made it to our work parties. It is no easy feet to get the Course looking as good as it does, nor to maintain. MCDG, you should be proud of yourself. Also, Scott Papa, thanks for your kind words at the event during your "acceptance speech" (the words "Best Course" were thrown around), I know it means a lot to MCDG hear from someone as astute and seasoned as you that our efforts are recognized and our dream of creating something uniquely challenging and enjoyable are doing just that. Thank you.

We played 2 rounds of 18, the first round played from the Red/AM tee pads and the second round played from the Black/PRO tee pads (both pads playing par 62). We had a great mix of West Sound Disc Golfers, Steilli Crew and Teamster Oly's to go with the MCDG usual suspects. Scott Papa was the big winner, shooting a first round best of 50 from the AM pads and following it up with par from the PRO pads for his second round. Scott also donated his winnings to the Club, again, and furthered our goal of purchasing baskets to be installed as early as mid-October. Heath Kinton shot the Hot Round from the PRO pads with a 60, yeah 60 (-2), which is a Course record.

On August 1st MCDG will host the inaugural Mason County Disc Golf Championship. This event will be held at the Shelton Springs Disc Golf Course. If you are on the MCDG email list then "You've got mail!" You will be able to RSVP for this event before it is open to the general public. Tomorrow, possibly late this evening, we will open the flood gates for RSVPing. One major difference from this event and the rest of the series events is the buy-in/pay-out (the information for this will be available with the RSVP form). MCDG will be getting custom stamped discs from Discraft, which will be given to the Championship contestants. We will NOT have the discs by the date of the Tournament, but we will get them to where they need to be as soon as we get them. The Championship holds a particular significance to the Series as your finish at the Championship will be added to your best 3 finishes at our other Series events, which will help determine the Series winners.

More information to come.

Comment

Hey Kevin will I be able to buy the discs on their own even if I can't make it?
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

we will have some extra discs no plans as of yet with them so chances are good that we will sell some custom disc outside of the Championship, maybe, or maybe we will burn them. I guess what i'm trying to say is that the only way to get one for sure is to come play on the 1st.
                        sigpic

Comment

Im all signed up and ready to go. This course is alot of fun.

PS: This was written from an iPad, which is super cool.
                          Last edited by Nathan; July 19th, 2010, 08:18 PM.
                          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                            Im all signed up and ready to go. This course is alot of fun.

HAHA! Yes! This is more words than you said all day yesterday, Nathan.

Thomas, to answer your question, any discs we do not give away we will sell to help us in getting baskets.

Comment

This was my second time playing this course and second tournament with the mason county course. WOW!!! All of the Mason county people did such an amazing job with this event! for those of you that havent been to this course and played it, i will tell you that the amount of work these guys have put into this course it nothing short of astounding.

Its like they have a bunch of wood gnomes living on the course that come out at night just to make brush disapear and fairways appear. The tournament was run very well and it had a great "FUN" atmosphere to it.

I think becca and i will be at the next one on august 1st, but if not i will deffinately want to buy one of those discs to help you guys towards getting baskets in. its super cool that its from discraft also!!
                              Team Meteor

Comment

Hmm, that weekend is officially the beginning of my vacation. I think this might be a good way to kick things off.
                                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X