X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
    Not sure, just some guy on the couch who bums rides cause his car is acting like a POS. =)
    Andrew said he doesn't feel comfortable with you and him in the same state, let alone car!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
      And I highly suggest that anyone that can get out there to play the event on August 1st needs to do just that. The good folks in the MCDGC have crafted an amazing course at Shelton Springs. They not only have both open and technical par threes, they have made excellent par 4's and 5's that are truly legitimate. The land they are working with is truly beuatiful in the woods and when you get to unload out in the grass field it is a welcome relief for a lot of WA golfers. The dual tees are on almost every hole and provide a great and different challenge to the course.

Bottom line, I think the only thing that I talked about with Morgan and Kevin was the possibility of removing A branch and possibly moving one basket....both things that they had already either thought about or planned to do.

This course quickly vaulted into a favoritie course status for me. I wish I lived closer than I do but I am not going to cry about it. It will take me as much time to get there as it would take me to get to Lakewood. So once the baskets are in, I know where I will be heading!

So help support the group on their quest to get baskets into what is sure to be one of if not the best course in our area. I am sure they would welcome any donation and a lot of little donations add up to baskets pretty quick. It will pay off for everyone in the end and you will help bring disc golf to a lot of folks in their area (the course is across the street from a jr high and high school and a mile from the Olympic college campus.)

Thanks for the great course, the great event and the fun of playing with you Mason county guys!

Later,
      Scott Papa

P.S. I love island holes, really, even yours which was truly cool, except for that one tree, bad tree.....

WOW!!! What an endorsement! Aww shucks Scott, we like you too.

Comment

Ready to go this weekend, but i dont know how to get there. If you can post some directions coming from i-5 that would be great. Thanks again!!!

Sd
        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Getting There

CLICK HERE TO SEE MAP

From I-5
          1. Head toward US-101 N from your house
          2. Merge onto US-101 N 26.8 mi
          3. Turn left at W Skokomish Valley Rd 5.4 mi
          4. Turn right at W Bambi Farms Rd 0.2 mi

From Bremerton
          1. Head southeast on WA-3 S 12.7 mi
          2. Turn right at WA-106 W 18.3 mi
          3. Slight left at E Purdy Cutoff Rd 2.8 mi
          4. Continue onto W Skokomish Valley Rd 5.4 mi
          5. Turn right at W Bambi Farms Rd

We will have signs up on Bambi Farms and it is also a Dead End so should be hard to get too lost.

It would be a good idea to bring a Sack lunch there is a Subway about 6-7 miles away in a big gas station if you like Hot Wings otherwise a little else very close.

I will also be sending an email out to registered players with this info as well a few contact numbers in case your having trouble finding it.

FYI Numbers for this event are looking GREAT! We should have a nice turn out.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
            CLICK HERE TO SEE MAP

From I-5
            1. Head toward US-101 N from your house
            2. Merge onto US-101 N 26.8 mi
            3. Turn left at W Skokomish Valley Rd 5.4 mi
            4. Turn right at W Bambi Farms Rd 0.2 mi

From Bremerton
            1. Head southeast on WA-3 S 12.7 mi
            2. Turn right at WA-106 W 18.3 mi
            3. Slight left at E Purdy Cutoff Rd 2.8 mi
            4. Continue onto W Skokomish Valley Rd 5.4 mi
            5. Turn right at W Bambi Farms Rd

We will have signs up on Bambi Farms and it is also a Dead End so should be hard to get too lost.

It would be a good idea to bring a Sack lunch there is a Subway about 6-7 miles away in a big gas station if you like Hot Wings otherwise a little else very close.

I will also be sending an email out to registered players with this info as well a few contact numbers in case your having trouble finding it.

FYI Numbers for this event are looking GREAT! We should have a nice turn out.
            Couple more notes:
            When you reach Bambi Farms road the speed limit is 10 MPH, its really more of a driveway than a street anyways.

We are getting low on space so if you are planning on attend PLEASE sign up so we don't have to turn anyone who has made the drive out away due to not having room for walk-ins.
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info.
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                Alright Shelton Springs is going back "under construction" Thank you to everyone who came and gave it a spin. As always either here, though a PM, or on the site please give us any feed back on the current design of the course. We take all points of view under consideration (unless your initials are SP and you don't like island holes).

If you want a crack at Shelton Springs you may have to be patient plans at this point indicate it may not be used again until August 1st for THE MASON COUNTY DISC GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP so stay tuned!

Now announcing sign up for the next event in the series THE CEDAR ARMS INVITATIONAL. Sunday June 13th will be the Third event in the MCDGS and a very special event as it will be held at the very private invitation only Cedar Arms course on the Skokomish river.

While this course has been around for a long time few have had the chance to play it so this tournament may be YOUR shot. We will be bring 18 baskets out and playing two rounds in the woods, on the banks, and even the beaches of the Skokomish river.

So this is your invitation to the THE CEDAR ARMS INVITATIONAL, sign up now as space is limited!
                The afore mentioned limited space has run out.

I hope all who wanted to play in the Cedar Arms Invitational got their name on the list.

There is a wait list email us a masoncountydiscgolf@gmail.com to be put on it.

I will send out one more email tonight for those on the list with a little more detail. The weather looks like it might be amazing for a little back to the roots NW disc golf.

BTW if you throw much further than 325 and have trouble holding a turn over line but always go for the green anyways... bring extra plastic. The river is in play for folks with more arm than aim.
                sigpic

Comment

Are all of the roads to the course paved? Trying to decide what car to drive.

Comment

The last mile and a half is gravel. I drive my xB out there.
                    sigpic

Comment

As usual, awesome job guys. This was way fun and the course was super cool.

No where else will you get to play a 55' hole where scores range from a 1 to a 9. Our carload had to go cubby ace this one during the lunch break Sheila got it first and Thomas got it on a tomahawk (up and over) which bounced off of like 3 trees!
                      'Weekend 4 Women':
                      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                        As usual, awesome job guys. This was way fun and the course was super cool.

No where else will you get to play a 55' hole where scores range from a 1 to a 9. Our carload had to go cubby ace this one during the lunch break Sheila got it first and Thomas got it on a tomahawk (up and over) which bounced off of like 3 trees!
                        Yeah awesome job running it Morgan, as usual MCDG tournaments are well run and lots of fun. It was also very cool getting to play a course that very few have ever played and only us today got to play it baskets.
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

This course was awesome, a little gem in the middle of nowhere! Great job MCDG on getting all the baskets out there, you've got to keep this course in mind for future events.
                          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

It was a blast yesterday, and I appreciate all those who helped make it possible. You all down south seem to really have a clear vision as to what dg is all about, and the MCDGC seems to really do a nice job supporting the cause. Much thanks to the owners of Cedar Arms, and it was great getting to play such a nice course that would normally be impossible to play!

Look forward playing shelton springs next!
                            "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Hot of the presses, "MCDG Series event #4 will be held on July 18th at Shelton Springs Disc Golf Course!"

After careful deliberation, MCDG has decided that SSDGC will host the next event (which is the perfect opportunity to get sharp for the MCDG Championship, being held Aug. 1st). The RSVP for the July 18th event will open on July 4th. We will make an announcement here and via our email list.

Also, several work parties will happen in the next few weeks, mainly July 10th. If you want to see where the magic happens contact us at: masoncountydiscgolf@gmail.com

Comment

PRESENTS ON JULY 18TH
                                THE FOURTH EVENT OF THE 2010 MCDG SERIES:
                                THE THROWDOWN IN SHELTOWN

A two round tour de force of the almost famous Shelton Springs Disc Golf Course. This will be on the current holes plus a few new tee boxes (PRO 13, AM 5, some modified greens (1, 5 18), and introducing the new hole 15. Will be limiting this event to 70 so be sure to sign up as we will take signed up players before day of walk ins. Our last event did have a wait list so be sure to RSVP at our website posted below.

This is event number four in the series and the last chance to get your three scores from regular events as there are only three left. If you play all three of the remaining regular events and do well. You could add the scores to a strong finish in the Mason County Championship on August 1 and be the first MCDG SERIES winner.

Current fee schedule for Regular Events is as follows:
                                $20 Pro ($15 for MCDG club members)
                                $3 to Series pot, $1 to Ace pot, $1 to club, $10 to Cash pot paid out to top 30% of entrants.

$15 Am ($12 for MCDG club members)
                                $2 to series pot, $1 to Ace pot, $1 to club, $8 to Script pot paid out to top 40% of entrants.

$10 Rec/Women/Junior ($8 for MCDG club members)
                                $1 to series pot, $1 to Ace pot, $1 to club, $5 to Script pot paid out to top 40% of entrants.

Sign up for this event is done via the website: masoncountydiscgolf.com
                                Last edited by Skookum; July 6th, 2010, 11:14 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X