Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to checking out this course. What is the par for 18?
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Big thanks to all that came from near and far to play and support Disc Golf in Shelton. Even bigger thanks to the MCDG crew for getting the Course in great shape for the Tourney; from Bake's signs, to the gallons of gas used to create some of the fairways, to the actual carrying of 18 Baskets to there respective spots, BRAVO MCDG!!!

We played 2 rounds of 18. Both rounds were par 62. These will more than likely change (one hole that was played yesterday, par 3 Hole 15, was a filler hole), but the par will hover between 61 and 64 for both Pro and Am tee's. The best round from the Pro Tee's yesterday was around par or just below, with plenty of over par rounds.

Scott Papa was the big winner shooting a bogey-free 49 the first round from the Am tee's, and he graciously used his winnings to become a MCDG Club member and donated the rest to the Club. Thanks Papa!

Thanks for the encouragement Daniel, nice Ace by the way! I know exactly what you mean about feeling how you could shave strokes of your score next time. Hope to see you there.

The next MCDG Series event will be played at the Cedar Arms DG Course, a private object Course located on the Skok River, on June 13th. MCDG will be providing baskets for this event. More information to come!

Comment

MCDG is the hardest working most bad ass group of people I have been lucky enough to meet. I encourage everyone who has the means to come up and play this course. The amount and quality of work that this group has put in is astounding. Kevin remember to sign me up for all the rest of the events yo!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
          MCDG is the hardest working most bad ass group of people I have been lucky enough to meet. I encourage everyone who has the means to come up and play this course. The amount and quality of work that this group has put in is astounding.
          I concur!

Hey Kevin when does sign ups start for the June 13th event?
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

New course, of course I'm there Kevin!!! Although I was planning on going for a rematch on the Springs course, this sounds so cool.
            'Weekend 4 Women':
            Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
            Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Alright Shelton Springs is going back "under construction" Thank you to everyone who came and gave it a spin. As always either here, though a PM, or on the site please give us any feed back on the current design of the course. We take all points of view under consideration (unless your initials are SP and you don't like island holes).

If you want a crack at Shelton Springs you may have to be patient plans at this point indicate it may not be used again until August 1st for THE MASON COUNTY DISC GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP so stay tuned!

Now announcing sign up for the next event in the series THE CEDAR ARMS INVITATIONAL. Sunday June 13th will be the Third event in the MCDGS and a very special event as it will be held at the very private invitation only Cedar Arms course on the Skokomish river.

While this course has been around for a long time few have had the chance to play it so this tournament may be YOUR shot. We will be bring 18 baskets out and playing two rounds in the woods, on the banks, and even the beaches of the Skokomish river.

So this is your invitation to the THE CEDAR ARMS INVITATIONAL, sign up now as space is limited!
              sigpic

Comment

AWESOME!!!!! I'll signed up.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I agree! Maybe we can figure out some carpooling? Andrew? Sir Thomas?
                  "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                  -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                    I agree! Maybe we can figure out some carpooling? Andrew? Sir Thomas?
                    Yes Andrew, Sheila and I are carpooling.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                        Yes Andrew, Sheila and I are carpooling...
                        and we're taking the stenkle-mobile...
                        'Weekend 4 Women':
                        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                          Alright Shelton Springs is going back "under construction" Thank you to everyone who came and gave it a spin. As always either here, though a PM, or on the site please give us any feed back on the current design of the course. We take all points of view under consideration (unless your initials are SP and you don't like island holes).

If you want a crack at Shelton Springs you may have to be patient plans at this point indicate it may not be used again until August 1st for THE MASON COUNTY DISC GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP so stay tuned!
                          And I highly suggest that anyone that can get out there to play the event on August 1st needs to do just that. The good folks in the MCDGC have crafted an amazing course at Shelton Springs. They not only have both open and technical par threes, they have made excellent par 4's and 5's that are truly legitimate. The land they are working with is truly beuatiful in the woods and when you get to unload out in the grass field it is a welcome relief for a lot of WA golfers. The dual tees are on almost every hole and provide a great and different challenge to the course.

Bottom line, I think the only thing that I talked about with Morgan and Kevin was the possibility of removing A branch and possibly moving one basket....both things that they had already either thought about or planned to do.

This course quickly vaulted into a favoritie course status for me. I wish I lived closer than I do but I am not going to cry about it. It will take me as much time to get there as it would take me to get to Lakewood. So once the baskets are in, I know where I will be heading!

So help support the group on their quest to get baskets into what is sure to be one of if not the best course in our area. I am sure they would welcome any donation and a lot of little donations add up to baskets pretty quick. It will pay off for everyone in the end and you will help bring disc golf to a lot of folks in their area (the course is across the street from a jr high and high school and a mile from the Olympic college campus.)

Thanks for the great course, the great event and the fun of playing with you Mason county guys!

Later,
                          Scott Papa

P.S. I love island holes, really, even yours which was truly cool, except for that one tree, bad tree.....
                          Team Discraft
                          Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                            and we're taking the stenkle-mobile...
                            Hmmm... Might be difficult since my car will finally be getting worked on for a few days as it needs over $1,000 worth of work done.
                            I am good for gas money though...Thomas. = )
                            Since he the captain and all.

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                              Hmmm... Might be difficult since my car will finally be getting worked on for a few days as it needs over $1,000 worth of work done.
                              I am good for gas money though...Thomas. = )
                              Since he the captain and all.
                              Who are you again?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Not sure, just some guy on the couch who bums rides cause his car is acting like a POS. =)

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X