Fort Steilacoom Open **A-Tier** (July 3rd & 4th, 2010) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ha........sounds like your describing my pro career.
    WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

    Comment


    • #32
      Personally, I don't have any problem putting up $80 for a tournament, but at the same time, I think that people shouldn't be frowned upon for asking basic questions like what might be in the players pack. For a lot of folks the $30 difference between a $50 tournament and an $80 tournament is very significant in their everyday life.
      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

      Comment


      • #33
        There is a different philosphy between the Pro and Am divisons. Yes, the Pros are more competitive and would warrant a higher entry fee. The Ams play tournaments for the social side with the benefits of playing courses in their prime. The Ams don't expect a whole lot of return, thus the lower entry fee.

        I, personally, don't expect a players pack or payout, except for the top three places. The whole tournament experience is worth the entry fee, but as the entry rises then the expected return is greater. If the entry fee is greater than $40, then I would expect something in return besides the luxury of playing in the event, regardless of how good or bad that I play.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
          For us old schoolers that want to mail in an entry form, can someone post an link or file that works. I can't seem to download the tourney flyer from the online sign-up website.

          Thanks
          http://home.comcast.net/~accuspeed/F...Oflyer2010.pdf
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
            Personally, I don't have any problem putting up $80 for a tournament, but at the same time, I think that people shouldn't be frowned upon for asking basic questions like what might be in the players pack. For a lot of folks the $30 difference between a $50 tournament and an $80 tournament is very significant in their everyday life.
            Been out of touch for the last week or so, but I agree with this. It's a fair question. In the past, FSO has had minimal player packs in favor of a beefy payout, but Jason has always been up front that his tourneys are very much winnings based. I don't think anyone doubts Mike's ability to run a great tourney, but it's reasonable to ask what to expect in terms of how the money's being allocated, especially considering that BSF--known for great player packs--cost $5 less.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
              Thats right guys keep complaining about that $80 advanced fee. When the tournament kicks ass, eat your words. This is an A tier, it will fill, if you dont want to play cause of the money than dont. BTW you dont hear one of us pros complaining (even those who dont often cash) and we pay a lot more than $80, and never once mention or expect a players pack.
              Didn't realize that I was complaining about the cost to play this tournament. My intention was to note the oddity of the stamp on the fundraiser discs that I bought to support the event...and I intend to play the event. I have a crush on Rideout and try to support his gigs when I can.
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

              Comment


              • #37
                Aaahhhhh Justin, now thatís just the sweetest thing Iíve ever heard.


                According to the PDGA, I am charging $10 more than they would like in all pro and advanced divisions. The intermediate division is being charged exactly what the PDGA suggests.


                The hot stamp was a risky choice; time will tell if it was a mistake or not.


                ***This is not etched in stone; This could Change***
                I am still working on the players packs, but they should be valued close to $40. If things work out, every am player will get a custom stamped stool and something else.


                I am looking for volunteers. Please contact me if you are interested.


                Mike
                WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule


                4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

                Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think the discs are neat.
                  Click here

                  Challenge disc golf

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    If alice in wonderland was filmed in Tacoma it would look something like that. I now expect the tournament to be a magical journey of new experiences and personal growth........
                    Read this ^

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                      Aaahhhhh Justin, now thatís just the sweetest thing Iíve ever heard.


                      According to the PDGA, I am charging $10 more than they would like in all pro and advanced divisions. The intermediate division is being charged exactly what the PDGA suggests.


                      The hot stamp was a risky choice; time will tell if it was a mistake or not.


                      ***This is not etched in stone; This could Change***
                      I am still working on the players packs, but they should be valued close to $40. If things work out, every am player will get a custom stamped stool and something else.


                      I am looking for volunteers. Please contact me if you are interested.


                      Mike
                      hey mike if i volunteer instead of playing. would i get a super special player pack??(i'm gonna think not) if not could i just buy a player pack?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Things are moving along well in preparation for the Fort Steilacoom Open. My goal is to have course maps available with the new holes by June 14th (at the Flag Day Fling).

                        I am happy to officially announce that we are following the same standard as in 2009, and
                        the 2010 Fort Steilacoom Open will be the Washington State USDGC qualifier!!!!

                        The top finishing player in open that is registered in Washington State will get Washingtonís USDGC spot. Thanks Eric!!!


                        Volunteers that stick around all weekend will get a players pack.


                        The stools are in. I am prepping them to get screen printed this weekend.


                        Vending is $200. For $200 you get three tee signs and the right to set up shop all weekend. Vendors arenít able to accept scrip.


                        Send me a PM or email mikerideout@challengediscgolf.com if you have any questions or comments.


                        Here is a list of current sponsors for the Fort Steilacoom Open:

                        Pierce County Disc Golf Players Association (PCDGPA)
                        formerly the Tacoma Disc Golf Players Association (TDGPA)
                        Challenge Disc Golf
                        Northwest Sign-Ups
                        Disc Golf Values .com
                        TAG Vending
                        Innova
                        Turis Corning
                        Raymond Seick
                        Rick Buttle
                        Paul Larson
                        Kevin & Dylan Holland
                        Ed Munoz
                        Bent
                        WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule


                        4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

                        Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                          Things are moving along well in preparation for the Fort Steilacoom Open. My goal is to have course maps available with the new holes by June 14th (at the Flag Day Fling).

                          I am happy to officially announce that we are following the same standard as in 2009, and
                          the 2010 Fort Steilacoom Open will be the Washington State USDGC qualifier!!!!

                          The top finishing player in open that is registered in Washington State will get Washingtonís USDGC spot. Thanks Eric!!!


                          Volunteers that stick around all weekend will get a players pack.


                          The stools are in. I am prepping them to get screen printed this weekend.


                          Vending is $200. For $200 you get three tee signs and the right to set up shop all weekend. Vendors arenít able to accept scrip.


                          Send me a PM or email mikerideout@challengediscgolf.com if you have any questions or comments.


                          Here is a list of current sponsors for the Fort Steilacoom Open:

                          Pierce County Disc Golf Players Association (PCDGPA)
                          formerly the Tacoma Disc Golf Players Association (TDGPA)
                          Challenge Disc Golf
                          Northwest Sign-Ups
                          Disc Golf Values .com
                          TAG Vending
                          Innova
                          Turis Corning
                          Raymond Seick
                          Rick Buttle
                          Paul Larson
                          Kevin & Dylan Holland
                          Ed Munoz
                          Bent
                          Better add Team Oly to that list of sponsors! We've got at least $50 on it!
                          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Sweet

                            Thank you Team Oly
                            WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule


                            4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

                            Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Camping??

                              Any advice on a place to stay for this event? I'd like to camp...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Everything is coming together nicely. The club has been mowing the fields for the past two days and those fairways are starting to look sweet. I should have maps along with the course specs posted by Wednesday at the latest. I wanted to get them posted about a week ago, but conversations between the parks department and the club have put me on hold.

                                Fundraiser plastic is becoming pretty limited. I have a short stack of champion Gators and a short stack of the Inncolor Rocs and Makos. Ray (old man Steily) has a really short stack of Katanas and one glow Teebird. Mandos has a few Inncolor discs and I’m not sure what Chainbangers still has available. There might still be a few other pieces out there somewhere; I will have that exact inventory by Tuesday. Inncolor Rocs and Makos are $25 and the rest are hot stamps going for $15.

                                Everyone on this list has given money to the event or has saved the event a considerable amount of money.

                                Pierce County Disc Golf Players Association (PCDGPA), formerly the Tacoma Disc Golf Players Association (TDGPA)
                                Challenge Disc Golf
                                Northwest Sign-Ups
                                Flag Day Fling
                                Innova
                                Disc Golf Values.com
                                Corningwear
                                Mando’s….…Will be set up as a vendor all weekend.
                                Raymond Seick……Will be set up as a vendor and will be honoring 100% of the amateur scrip.
                                TAG Vending
                                Essence O’View
                                Chris Gilberts & Team Oly
                                Bent
                                Kevin & Dylan Holland
                                Rick Buttle
                                Paul Larson
                                Ed Munoz
                                Matt Mcdonough
                                WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule


                                4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

                                Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X