Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim do you also realize the last weekend in July is the Burner?

It seems the 2010 schedule is geared more around it organizers wanting to play in Ore then supporting it's own series. How did I come to this conclusion you ask, Well the 7 week hole in the schedule from the LCO the first weekend in June till Fakewood the 24-25 of July. Then two weeks after Fakewood is White River then two weeks later JWO then three weeks later the finals.

Nothing for 7 weeks then 3 events in the next 7 weeks. It's either piss poor planning or too many cooks trying to protect only their interests.

I thought I would never say this but even the worst Santoon series seems better organized then the 2010 WA series. I guess it all comes down to cohesive leadership or in this case the lack of it.
    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
      We will have to make some decisions here in LS. We like to be accommodating when we can.
      Aquafest will still be held July 24th. We get a lot of waived fees and extra sponsorship by having it during the town festival weekend, so we won't be moving the date. It is too bad Lakewood Open scheduled it the same weekend. There are a lot of players that like to play both including myself. It would only help the DG community to offer more events they can play during the year. Oh well...

Hopefully next year we can work something out. There are a lot of weekends in the summer and it sucks to double book tourneys on the same weekend.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        I assume that you'll just be doing a casual tourney though--not trying to reserve the course or anything? Because if you wanted to do that, that's like a $300 fee or so.
        Forgive my ignorance, but what does " reserving the course " actually mean ?
        Both courses he mentioned are in public parks. You cant close the park, anyone has the right to be there, so what does this " fee " buy ?
        And who does it go to Tim, is it just for insurance ?

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
          Forgive my ignorance, but what does " reserving the course " actually mean ?
          Both courses he mentioned are in public parks. You cant close the park, anyone has the right to be there, so what does this " fee " buy ?
          And who does it go to Tim, is it just for insurance ?
          Edge has more knowledge on this, but you can indeed reserve the park for events at Lakewood--similar to reserving a picnic shelter. It gets reserved each year for the tournament which takes an unfortunate chunk out of the purse. All the money, AFAIK, goes to King County Parks. Insurance is covered by the PDGA.

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA
          Hopefully next year we can work something out. There are a lot of weekends in the summer and it sucks to double book tourneys on the same weekend.
          I agree 100%.
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
            Tim do you also realize the last weekend in July is the Burner?
            But what is the last weekend in July?

Is it Sat-Sun = July 24-25, (Lakewood, Aquafest) or
            is it Sat-Sun = July 31-Aug1 (Worlds, Highbridge)?

And how long will Adam & Sarah keep us waiting to find out?

Last edited by TreeLove; March 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              But what is the last weekend in July?

Is it Sat-Sun = July 24-25, (Lakewood, Aquafest) or
              is it Sat-Sun = July 31-Aug1 (Worlds, Highbridge)?

And how long will Adam & Sarah keep us waiting to find out?

Please let it be July 31st-Aug 1...
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

When does registration open?
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

bump.

Comment

When is this going to be put onto the PDGA calendar?
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

uummmmmmm

Comment

I heard this was canceled due to lack of interest.
                        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

It's on the PDGA calender under "Seattle Duel Nature". I've heard that sign ups will start this Friday (unofficial)
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

This is correct. We're just waiting to get the online registration up and running before making an official announcement.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              This is correct. We're just waiting to get the online registration up and running before making an official announcement.
                              Good work Tim! Im super stoked for this event! Let me know if there is anything you or Edgie need help with, Ive already started seeking out sponsorship money.
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X