X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood Open 2010

I checked the calendar and don't see this event anywhere? Am I missing it? Or is it MIA?
    Training to be a bagger

You're missing it, July 24th & 25th. We're hoping for more, but at the very least, Lakewood will be happening.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      You're missing it, July 24th & 25th. We're hoping for more, but at the very least, Lakewood will be happening.
      cool, thanks. I cant wait.
      Training to be a bagger

Comment

I am confused. When looking at the calendar thread for that event, it looks more like that event has not been confirmed die to a potential issue with another WA tourney? Does any one have a definitive answer as to whether the Lakewood Open will take place and on the 24th and 25th of July? There just seems to be some confusion in the thread.
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Yeah, we were hoping not to have to schedule on top of Aquafest, but it wasn't in the cards this year. But yes, those are the correct dates.

Due to the confusion and heresay of the first thread, the official dates can be found here: http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4283

Comment

Yeah, we were hoping not to have to schedule on top of Aquafest, but it wasn't in the cards this year. But yes, those are the correct dates.

Due to the confusion and heresay of the first thread, the official dates can be found here: http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4283
            Cool thanks. Do you know approx when registration will open for it?
            Training to be a bagger

Comment

Anyone who can't putt with style & showmanship should play Lakewood. Anyone who can putt like a frisbee weilding daredevil should play Aquafest.

Go Aquafest ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
                Anyone who can't putt with style & showmanship should play Lakewood. Anyone who can putt like a frisbee weilding daredevil should play Aquafest.

Go Aquafest ! ! !
                Putting is the last thing you do on every hole. do it well and do it sparingly. And most of all, do it at the LAKEWOOD OPEN
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                  Putting is the last thing you do on every hole. do it well and do it sparingly. And most of all, do it at the LAKEWOOD OPEN
                  Argh,

Decision time apparently. Do I defend my title at Aquafest or should I go and spin the wheel at the Lakewood open? I love Lake Stevens and probably have a better chance of winning there but a sanctioned event may take precedent.

Comment

Originally posted by thebakedone View Post
                    Argh,

Decision time apparently. Do I defend my title at Aquafest or should I go and spin the wheel at the Lakewood open? I love Lake Stevens and probably have a better chance of winning there but a sanctioned event may take precedent.
                    ALWAYS defend the title or it'll look good in someone elses trophy case.
                    Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Originally posted by thebakedone View Post
                      Argh,

Disagreeing with Getty here!
                      Go ahead and sandbag at the Awkwardfist or play against some real competition at a real course...

TIME TO MOVE UP, BRO!!!
                      "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Hello Discgolfers,
                        =
                        I was told that Lakewood was going to closed down on March 15th, but after I read this posts. I wondering what was up with Lakewood. Is the Lakewood going to be continue playing? WDDGa have orginally scheduled two days tournament at SeaTac and Lakewood. Will WDDGA be able to play at Lakewood one of on April 10 and 11th? Please do let me know so I can bring that up in our WDDGA meeting this Saturday.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                          or play against some real competition at a couple real courses...
                          Edited for hopeful plans.

In all seriousness though, if people want to play Aquafest, by all means, go play it! If a big sanctioned event isn't up your alley, head on up to Lake Stevens--those guys have been running Aquafest for a while and doing it well from what I hear. The two tournaments may be different flavors, but I can guarantee both will be fun (I make no guarantees about putts at Stevens though!)

Comment

Originally posted by nwdeafdiscgolfer View Post
                            Hello Discgolfers,
                            =
                            I was told that Lakewood was going to closed down on March 15th, but after I read this posts. I wondering what was up with Lakewood. Is the Lakewood going to be continue playing? WDDGa have orginally scheduled two days tournament at SeaTac and Lakewood. Will WDDGA be able to play at Lakewood one of on April 10 and 11th? Please do let me know so I can bring that up in our WDDGA meeting this Saturday.

Thank you!
                            I'm not sure what you're talking about here, are you talking about the pending construction plans for the technology center? Those plans don't have any real concrete date yet as far as I know, but they shouldn't be happening until fall of this year. If there's some other closure scheduled for Lakewood, I haven't heard about it. So yes, as far as I know, you guys should be fine for your tournament. I assume that you'll just be doing a casual tourney though--not trying to reserve the course or anything? Because if you wanted to do that, that's like a $300 fee or so.

Comment

In all seriousness though, if people want to play Aquafest, by all means, go play it! If a big sanctioned event isn't up your alley, head on up to Lake Stevens--those guys have been running Aquafest for a while and doing it well from what I hear. The two tournaments may be different flavors, but I can guarantee both will be fun (I make no guarantees about putts at Stevens though!)
                              I was just having a little fun with my comments. It is too bad that these tourneys have a schedule conflict this year. I wanted to play the Lakewood Open this year, I may still (*). We will have to make some decisions here in LS. We like to be accommodating when we can.

*Personally I am waiting on my agent & sponsors to make a recommendation on which tourney I play. Depends on the appearance fee.

How about 1 round at LS on Friday evening, 2 rounds at Lakewood Saturday , then 1 round at SeaTac Sunday, settle up & awards at a big party at the Space Needle? Who's in?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X