X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood Monthly Acepot

In the afterglow of the PretzelBowl I hope you'll consider coming down to Lakewood on Sunday, Feb. 21st for the monthly Acepot. Tee time is 10:00am and we'll be playing the 27 hole format which generally takes three and a half hours or so. I'll be there a little earlier to take registrations and fill out the cards. Cost is $12 for Am divisions and $15 for pros and there's a little over $100 in the Acepot waiting to be won.

Cheers, Eric

27 layout? May have to make it up.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

27 hole format is 1-18 + 1-6 + Geezer(12) & 17,18... as opposed to playing two 18's with a break... I really like the 27 hole format for acepots... speeds it up significantly...
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
        27 hole format is 1-18 + 1-6 + Geezer(12) & 17,18... as opposed to playing two 18's with a break... I really like the 27 hole format for acepots... speeds it up significantly...
        Actually- 1-18 (playing old 11)
        1-3, 5-7(coffin), 12, 17, 18. It puts another ace run in the mix.

Comment

...puts another ace run in the mix...like GeeZer(12) in the short?

Also, is the old hole 11 teepad the same?

Thanks Eric and Brian.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
            ...puts another ace run in the mix...like GeeZer(12) in the short?
            If you want to move the basket....
            But I was referring to playing old 11 AND coffin.

Also, is the old hole 11 teepad the same?
            Yes, but we've added some attractive fencing and debris barrier to the left side of the fairway. And if you haven't been to the course in awhile- we did some landscaping recently- we removed all of the houses east of the course.

Thanks Eric and Brian.

Ben
            4:19

Comment

I am trying my butt off to try and make it this month, it seems like every month I try and something else happens and I can't make it. How many ams do you regularly get?
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                I am trying my butt off to try and make it this month, it seems like every month I try and something else happens and I can't make it. How many ams do you regularly get?
                Usually less than 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Steel View Post
                  Usually less than 5.
                  So I can finally get a top 5 finish! YES!
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    Just play open.
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                      Just play open.
                      Nice to see ya out there chris.

Comment

Sunday Acepot

Hi folks,

I'm planning on running the Acepot at Lakewood this Sunday, June 20th. 27 holes starting at 10:00 am tee time. I think there's currently around $200 in the acepot but I'm not positive, I don't have it in front of me at the moment. $12 for Ams, $15 for pros. $2 to the Ace and $2 to the club, the rest is payout...

Unfortunately we won't be playing hole 7 (the coffin hole) since there is a new construction project on the King county housing land and they've put a fence up in the middle of that fairway. The number 7 basket is temporarily locked in the short position of hole twelve but I am hoping to have it installed in the woods below the number twelve tee pad by Sunday. It will shift things around a bit but should preserve an 18 hole layout at least for the time being.

Cheers, Eric

Comment

Lakewood Monthly

Hey Roc Stars,

Just a reminder that the Lakewood Monthly Acepot will be held this Sunday, August 15th. I'm planning to start the round promptly at 10:00am since I have something I need to get to directly after the event. We'll be doing the usual 27 hole format straight through. Buy in is $12 for Amateur players and $15 for Pros. As always $2 goes to the club, $2 goes to the acepot and the rest is for payout. I don't have the ace $$ in front of me at the moment but I believe we're in the $200 range presently.

For what it's worth (nothing, actually) I got my first ever ace at North Park today, skipped a champ katana into hole 9!

Hope to see you there! Eric

Additionally: There's going to be a work party at Seatac on Saturday the 14th starting at 10:00am. If you'd like to be involved just show up with whatever gardening implements you've got... from gloves to weedwackers and pruners. All efforts to beautify the course will help make the upcoming Jet Wash Open an even more spectacular event! Speaking of which, if you haven't yet registered for the Jet Wash, now is the time... it's going to be a blast!

And.... don't forget to take a look at lakewooddiscgolf.com where you'll find a link leading to info about this years WA State DG Championships.

Comment

September Acepot

Hey there Lakewood Discers,

As hard as is to believe, it's already time for the third Sunday Acepot at Lakewood.
                            Sunday, Sept. 19th - 10:00 players meeting (sign up from 9:30 til 10:00)
                            We'll once again be running the 27 hole format. One round with plenty of ace runs. The acepot currently sits at $203 and $2 per player will be added to that. Entry fee is still $12 for Ams and $15 for Pros. Ams winners will receive scrip from Chainbangerz and Pros play for cash.

You may also be interested to hear about the upcoming Seattle Club Championships which will be taking place at North Park & Terrace Creek on October 3rd. This is lieu of the first Sunday North Park acepot and therefore the $500+ sitting in that acepot will be up for grabs at that event. Lowell is running it and says that the field is limited to 45 players because of the number of holes at N. Park.

Additionally, the Seattle SuperClassic is happening at Lakewood on Saturday, Oct. 2nd. Details can be found on this thread on the forum. This awesome event is being put on by Andrew Rivers and promises to be both cheap & FUN!

Later, Eric

Comment

Nice. I will be on my very best behavior while I am coming to town to take home your ace pot.

Where will we be meeting?
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X