Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lakewood (King County park in White Center) meeting spot is in the upper parking lot by hole #1.

North Park is at the west end of the parking lot at the picnic table by hole #2's tee pad.

I hope the weather improves a bit by Sunday, it's really wet here in Seattle tonight.

Comment

Am in Auburn now and the weather looks OK. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday in the upper parking lot.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

How will we know it is Sam? Does he look like his avatar? If so, I think we can spot him.

Comment

I'll have the lengthening blondish hair under the fading Beaver State Fling hat. Current pic on Facebook.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Acepot results

Considering the threat of nasty weather, followed closely by the reality of nasty weather, is was cool to have 11 discers at the Lakewood course this morning. It was a pleasure to have out of towner, Sam G. join us to try and take the $223 acepot back to Portland. We started off is some pretty serious rain but that subsided after about 6 or 7 holes and from there on out it was beautiful on the course with lots of sun breaks and a fair bit of wind. In the end, after 27 holes of golf Bill Clark managed to squeak out the win by one stroke over me, followed one more stroke back by Ming and Ray Sanchez. Ray won the ensuing CTP on hole one to take home last cash. Participating Pros were Bill C. (-4), Eric (-3), Ming & Ray (-2), Bob Brown (+1), Sam Gibson (+2), Ace Berg (+3) and Getty (+8). Tuffi was the lone Pro Woman (even par) and also won the CTP playoff for the sweet Chainbangerz hoodie which the boyz at the shop kindly donated. Ted Coulliard was the uncontested Am winner and cashed in his scrip for a tasty Organic Wizard with a Jet Wash Open custom stamp.

Cheers everyone, that was a fun round!

Comment

Run for the Aces

It's time once again for the third Sunday (Oct. 17th) of the month Acepot at Lakewood. $223 currently in the acepot. We'll be teeing off promptly at 10:00am and playing the familiar 27 hole format. The entry will be $12 for Ams and $15 for Pros. The weather is predicted to be a beautiful fall day and Lakewood is looking lush and green.

Hope to see you there, EE

Comment

December Acepot

Third Sunday monthly acepot at Lakewood on December 19th! Planning on the 27 hole format but may have to skip a hole or two unless someone brings a canoe or a rowboat. Yeah, it's been raining a lot recently.

Pick up some new plastic at the Chainbangerz 30% off sale and take it for a test run at Lakewood!

I'll be there by around 9:30 and we'll tee off at 10:00. Acepot stands at around $230 or so.

It'd be lovely to see you there, Cheers, Eric

Comment

January Acepot

The January monthly acepot at Lakewood is this Sunday (1/16), tee time 10:00am. Acepot currently stands at $239 and counting. We'll be following what has become the usual 27 hole format. Don't forget your umbrella!

Oh, and yes, I'm aware that the Squidhawks are playing at the same time and I'm not a big fan of scheduling around spectator sports events, so there you have it. Fortunately (or not) I don't think the hawks have any better chance of winning or losing this game based on my watching it live [I might just tape it though, to watch later]

EE

Comment

Yep, Feb. monthly is this Sunday (the 20th) at Lakewood. Gordy K. will be running the show. Tee time 10:00 am and the acepot sits at a respectable $253. Get there a little early to sign in and warm up your putting hand.

Comment

Time marches on, March acepot is upon us! This Sunday (3/20/2011). Basic details as in the previous posts. $287 in the ol' acepot. -EE

Comment

April 17th, this Sunday at Lakewood. $300+ in the Acepot.

9:30 am (10:00 am start time). $12 Ams, $15 Pros. 27 holes.

Comment

Sunday, July 17th. $383+ in the Acepot.

Now meeting at the lower parking lot as per the new course layout.

9:30 signup... 10:00 start time. $12 Ams, $15 Pros. 27 hole format.

Comment

Sunday November 20th. Acepot is at $200

9:30am sign-ups. 10:00 Tee Time. One round of 27 holes.

Comment

Twentynine players showed up yesterday for the Acepot, which is pretty good for a chilly November morning! The weather actually turned out to be beautiful and there were plenty of close ace runs (but no ace this month). Bjorn won by five strokes shooting a smokin' 66 (15 down) for the 27 hole round and that included a bogey on the normally birdiable hole three. Fun day, thanks to everyone that made it out!

Comment

Acepot event this Sunday, Dec. 18th at Lakewood!

I'll be there at 9:30am to take sign-ups and we'll tee off at 10:00. $10 entry for Am divisions, $13 for Pros. 27 hole, one round format and there's $258 currently sitting in the Acepot.

Cheers, EE

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X