X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By The Bottle - Wash Slosh (Slosh #3) - Feb 20, 2010

Signups are under way for Slosh #3 sponsored by By the Bottle and held at Lakeview Par 3 Challenge Golf Course in Vancouver, Washington.

Details:
    Rounds: 2 rounds of 13 holes - minimum required for PDGA ratings
    Player max: 60 players
    Course Summary: Shorter holes with significant trees for a ball golf course. Water hazards, bunkers and greens will be O.B. on most holes. We will be playing from rubber tee pads (thanks Cris) to portable baskets of various makes and models (contact me if you have one to loan us for the day).

TD Comments: This tournament isn't for everyone. We will be playing with two ghost groups in order to get the numbers to 60 players. That means there will be some waiting at times. The significant OB is going to make this a challenging technical course. I'm excited to introduce our sport to the owner of this ball golf course. Seriously, he has never played or even watched disc golfers play before. I'm hoping he is encouraged by the turn out and the professionalism of the players and considers adding disc golf in the future.

There are only 40 spots left! Sign up today if you are interested in Slosh #3.

Thanks to By the Bottle for pitching in and leasing the golf course for us for the day. They will be on hand to sell their beverages during the day and I'm sure they will kick in some prizes and more! If you haven't checked them out yet please do so soon. They are great disc golf supporters!

List of current players
    Last edited by Wog; January 29th, 2010, 06:38 AM.

Damn, looks sweet. I was seriously thinking about making the trip until I saw it's on the same date as Pretzelbowl. Hope it goes well, so you can do it again (on a date I can attend!) Nicely done, Stumptown.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

50% full

Comment

hole 11 looks fun! Also..... are we waving the pdga no alcohol policy for our sponsor by the bottle or is that rule not at the discretion of the TD? If the weather turns on us like hornings a bottle in the bag could only help.)
        ________
        Medical Marijuana Patients
        Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I don't think that policy can be waived. I wondered why the tourney was sanctioned if they wanted people to really take advantage of what the sponsor has to offer.

Comment

You can drirk before the rounds, in-between, and after right? I am thinking just once the 2 minute warning is called you gotta put the booze away. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

Here's the rule

D. Consumption of alcohol is expressly forbidden from the two minute warning until the player’s scorecard is submitted. Such use shall result in immediate disqualification at a B Tier or higher event. (This rule is still in effect at “C Tier” events. However, the Tournament Director may elect to issue a warning to the offending player instead of immediately disqualifying them. If a player has been issued a warning, all subsequent violations shall result in immediate disqualification.)
              Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Any idea of hole lengths, hard to tell from the map.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                  Any idea of hole lengths, hard to tell from the map.
                  Yeah... I am also wondering about lengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Wog View Post
                    Signups are under way for Slosh #3 sponsored by By the Bottle and held at Lakeview Par 3 Challenge Golf Course in Vancouver, Washington.

Details:
                    Rounds: 2 rounds of 13 holes - minimum required for PDGA ratings
                    Player max: 60 players
                    Course Summary: Shorter holes with significant trees for a ball golf course. Water hazards, bunkers and greens will be O.B. on most holes. We will be playing from rubber tee pads (thanks Cris) to portable baskets of various makes and models (contact me if you have one to loan us for the day).

TD Comments: This tournament isn't for everyone. We will be playing with two ghost groups in order to get the numbers to 60 players. That means there will be some waiting at times. The significant OB is going to make this a challenging technical course. I'm excited to introduce our sport to the owner of this ball golf course. Seriously, he has never played or even watched disc golfers play before. I'm hoping he is encouraged by the turn out and the professionalism of the players and considers adding disc golf in the future.

There are only 40 spots left! Sign up today if you are interested in Slosh #3.

Thanks to By the Bottle for pitching in and leasing the golf course for us for the day. They will be on hand to sell their beverages during the day and I'm sure they will kick in some prizes and more! If you haven't checked them out yet please do so soon. They are great disc golf supporters!

List of current players

Are any other am ladies going to sign up for this one? I want to sign up, but it would be nice to have at least a full card

Cindy
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                      Are any other am ladies going to sign up for this one? I want to sign up, but it would be nice to have at least a full card

Cindy
                      Ok then I just signed up for advanced women, so who else is going to join me?

Cindy
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

Comment

Is there a plan in place for getting sunken plastic back after the tourney? I'm sure the golf course isn't used to golfers going in after their favorite ball. I'm not planning on throwing in but it does happen and I always pick up my litter, even if its on a pond bottom in feb.)
                        ________
                        Ass Amateur
                        Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Also... I see when the first round starts but not the second. There is a second round, yes?
                          ________
                          Medical marijuana
                          Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:42 PM.

Comment