Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place has the potential to be a world class DGC!!
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

You've got potential to be a world-class super-class dg'er...
      I heard that the course is set up open for play the next few days... is that correct Jub?
      I'm thinking about heading out there on Friday to check it out & get a round in...
      Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; March 3rd, 2010, 11:45 PM.
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

This is going to be redonkulous fun...
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Yes toby it is available for play. No baskets yet but you can at least get the feel of the course
          rewindb.com

Comment

HEY JUB

Jub, I can assure you if there's room you got another AM team. We will be out there friday for sure as well.. As for a Team name, how about:Team "E equals M.C. Hammered"

Toby-Guzzle Gut and the Fun Bunch(not sure where that one came from, but it just rolls off your tongue)..lol..sounds like a winner. You should all where ugly holiday sweaters too.Which one is Guzzle Gut?
            "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
            PDGA # 42821
            Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Kyle also asked about signing up. Toby told me days ago about another team(yours) it's signed up as Team 4 square If the LS boys show we have 15 teams so there should be room for 3-4 more teams.

I understand Big Dog was commandeered from the Big Dog Park team.
              I also heard a rumor that Corning,Bailey, Hersman and Schindler might just polish off the rust and play.

Side note The Chief (like most other courses)leases it's carts so during the winter they keep only 18 carts.

Lunch will be offered at $5 per Burger/fixins, potato salad and a cup (for keg beer).
              rewindb.com

Comment

Jub and Erik have been deligently working on the course, and it's shaping up rather nicely for a piece of land that hasn't been used in 5 years. There are lots of blackberries to eradicate, and we noticed that you need to keep a sharp eye on your disc as it can disappear in the grass. Also, some of the tees are going to be soft so wear appropriate footware.

This initial layout is very fun and will only get better with use. I'm hungrily eyeing the woods on the ridge thinking we can get several holes in there to get a true variey of shots. The potential for it to be a five-star destination course is huge. Let's fill this sucka up Saturday!
                Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

Yes, what getty said.
                  wear your sturdiest DG footwear and I definitely recommend a cart, if you can get one!
                  I lost one disc yesterday and had to walk about a half mile to retrieve another one...

Comment

Originally posted by Getty View Post
                    Jub and Erik have been deligently working on the course, and it's shaping up rather nicely for a piece of land that hasn't been used in 5 years. There are lots of blackberries to eradicate, and we noticed that you need to keep a sharp eye on your disc as it can disappear in the grass. Also, some of the tees are going to be soft so wear appropriate footware.
                    Thanks for the heads up. So I take it this is more of a boots and gaiters affair rather than shorts and sneakers?

Also Jub, since there are only 18 carts available, would it be possible to set aside 1 per team? I'm pretty sure everybody would like to have carts but it looks like that won't be possible (unless these are some of those pimpin' 4 seaters). If people will have to be walking at least part of the time, it'd be a lot easier if their bags could ride in a cart.
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up. So I take it this is more of a boots and gaiters affair rather than shorts and sneakers?

Also Jub, since there are only 18 carts available, would it be possible to set aside 1 per team? I'm pretty sure everybody would like to have carts but it looks like that won't be possible (unless these are some of those pimpin' 4 seaters). If people will have to be walking at least part of the time, it'd be a lot easier if their bags could ride in a cart.
                      Boots yes, Gaiters, probably not. There are a few soft spots but I would not call it a slog.
                      We are sharing the 18 available carts with the ball golfers, so I am doubtful that we can reserve one per team. I believe the carts are available only on a first come first served basis

Comment

That sucks!
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                          Boots yes, Gaiters, probably not. There are a few soft spots but I would not call it a slog.
                          We are sharing the 18 available carts with the ball golfers, so I am doubtful that we can reserve one per team. I believe the carts are available only on a first come first served basis
                          How tall is the grass though? Keeping my pants legs from turning into soggy towels would be a big reason for me wearing gaiters.

And bolfers...yeah...didn't think about them. Doh! It'd be cool if there could be some sort of gentleman's agreement to not take more than 1 cart per team.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            How tall is the grass though? Keeping my pants legs from turning into soggy towels would be a big reason for me wearing gaiters.

And bolfers...yeah...didn't think about them. Doh! It'd be cool if there could be some sort of gentleman's agreement to not take more than 1 cart per team.
                            I think we should all show up super early and wait in line before the ball golfers and get the 18 carts, one per team, then everyone has one. But yeah we should only be allowed one per team so everyone has a chance, good idea Tim.
                            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I don't honestly believe the Baller's will be a problem. I am not sure if I want to give up my two carts. Getty contact Carnation and see if they would rent carts to use at the Chief for the day.

There are a couple of other things I want to talk about

First speed of play. I would like to see each group play at a 7 min per hole rate (2 hrs 6 min.) My suggestion is don't bring all of your starting plastic. Be willing to come back and look afterward. At least you will have the carts to use.

Second Habits At the far end of the course are some houses. We need to be considerate players and watch our language and anything else that might cause trouble for both the Course and DG as a whole.

I'd like to ask for your patience on Sat Morning regarding the baskets. We will get them out as early as possible.
                              rewindb.com

Comment

I bet the winning score is ? -29

Please don't speed on the country roads I saw three deer on it last night.

Open Team's

Rockwood/Depot
                                Were still a warm egg
                                Team Oly
                                Big Dog Park ?, Penny, Holly, Lyman
                                The Whitneys, strech(Joe) and surprise guest (M dynasty)
                                Kilmer, Werth, Kline, Beckett
                                The DB's Getty, Illig, Grossman,Trevor
                                B M Leslie and the Shuffalo's

Ams

J & J/Van-OZ Jake, Jason Van P, Oz, J Bohling
                                Team Pretzel Logic Sheila, Andrew,Sillybeach and dad (Pretzel too)
                                Those Bagger Clark Boys
                                Bangerz
                                Your Up Chuck
                                J & J Guy, jub, Steve Mo,
                                MC Hammered
                                McConnell Construction of Bellingham

Thats 16

if we don't sell out then every group will get at least one cart
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X