X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing the 2010 Washington State Series

For those that are unaware, there have been ongoing private discussions in regards to the revitalization of the Washington State Series. It is our pleasure to announce that the Series will be taking place this year, under a new leadership staff.

Not all of the details have been hammered out yet, but any posts made under this account can be considered to be official news, and information will be released as it is finalized. That being said, there are a few things that can be said for certain.

There are about a dozen people involved in the discussions, and the designated positions for the series staff are as follows:

Mike Rideout - Coordinator
    Wobbly Bob Perrewe - Pointskeeper
    Paul Wright - Treasurer
    Scot More - Fundraising
    Chris Gilberts - Basket Toss Promotions
    Tim Coye - Information Contact

In terms of the events, the dates are not, as of yet, finalized, but the series will consist of 6 regular tournaments, and an additional final tournament at the end of the series. Here is a list of the tournaments and their Tournament Directors as of now. If you have questions about specific events, please contact the individual TDs.

Windy River Open, Kennewick, WA - Kaleb Ralph, TD
    Kitsap Peninsula (tournament as yet unnamed), Bremerton, WA - Paul Wright, TD
    Lilac City Open, Spokane, WA - Wobbly Bob Perrewe & Gordy Crafts, TDs
    Lakewood Open (possibly including SeaTac), Seattle, WA - Eric Edgerton & Tim Coye, TDs
    White River Open (possibly including Riverside), Auburn, WA - Tom Bontempo, TD
    Ft. Steilacoom (tournament as yet unnamed), Tacoma, WA - Ed Munoz, TD
    WSS Finals (separate venue from LCO), Spokane, WA - Wobbly Bob Perrewe & Gordy Crafts, TDs

All of the series events will be PDGA B-tier events, and each event will take $3 per head to go to the series kitty. To qualify, players will need to play 4 of the 6 events. The Finals event will not be limited to qualifiers only, but qualifiers shall be given priority registration.

More details will be posted later as they become available, but if you have specific questions regarding the series, ask them here or email wss10info@gmail.com.

We're looking forward to a fantastic year of Washington Disc Golf!

Thanks,
    The WSS Staff

Originally posted by WSS10 Info View Post
    For those that are unaware, there have been ongoing private discussions in regards to the revitalization of the Washington State Series. It is our pleasure to announce that the Series will be taking place this year, under a new leadership staff.

Not all of the details have been hammered out yet, but any posts made under this account can be considered to be official news, and information will be released as it is finalized. That being said, there are a few things that can be said for certain.

There are about a dozen people involved in the discussions, and the designated positions for the series staff are as follows:

Mike Rideout - Coordinator
    Wobbly Bob Perrewe - Pointskeeper
    Paul Wright - Treasurer
    Scot More - Fundraising
    Chris Gilberts - Basket Toss Promotions
    Tim Coye - Information Contact

In terms of the events, the dates are not, as of yet, finalized, but the series will consist of 6 regular tournaments, and an additional final tournament at the end of the series. Here is a list of the tournaments and their Tournament Directors as of now. If you have questions about specific events, please contact the individual TDs.

Windy River Open, Kennewick, WA - Kaleb Ralph, TD
    Kitsap Peninsula (tournament as yet unnamed), Bremerton, WA - Paul Wright, TD
    Lilac City Open, Spokane, WA - Wobbly Bob Perrewe & Gordy Crafts, TDs
    Lakewood Open (possibly including SeaTac), Seattle, WA - Eric Edgerton & Tim Coye, TDs
    White River Open (possibly including Riverside), Auburn, WA - Tom Bontempo, TD
    Ft. Steilacoom (tournament as yet unnamed), Tacoma, WA - Ed Munoz, TD
    WSS Finals (separate venue from LCO), Spokane, WA - Wobbly Bob Perrewe & Gordy Crafts, TDs

All of the series events will be PDGA B-tier events, and each event will take $3 per head to go to the series kitty. To qualify, players will need to play 4 of the 6 events. The Finals event will not be limited to qualifiers only, but qualifiers shall be given priority registration.

More details will be posted later as they become available, but if you have specific questions regarding the series, ask them here or email wss10info@gmail.com.

We're looking forward to a fantastic year of Washington Disc Golf!

Thanks,
    The WSS Staff
    Way to make it happen guys!!!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

What's the separate venue for the WSS Finals? Doesn't the LCO pretty much exhaust every course in Spokane?

I'd like to see SeaTac included with Lakewood, (and Riverside with White River) that would keep the multi-course theme 100%

Sounds like there's a solid team to take care o bidness. Not too sure about that Bob Perrewe guy, I've heard he's a little *wobbly*.

Thanks guys!
      Last edited by ChUcK; January 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM. Reason: I always forget about Riverside
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Way to go Washington!

Comment

Nicely done. I hope Oregon follows suit as well.

Comment

Awesome! would you mind posting APPROXIMATE dates for each event? Even if they are only APPROXIMATE. I want to calendar stuff right away so I can make a couple of the WA events again this year.

Thanks neighbor
            Training to be a bagger

Comment

And no Sushi Classic...my favorite Washington Series tournament. It kept getting better and better each year.
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

How many events are going to be needed to qualify this year?
                Read this ^

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to the final 2009 series results? That information was promised to be posted at some point at the 09 awards ceremony but to my knowledge have not.
                  Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                    And no Sushi Classic...my favorite Washington Series tournament. It kept getting better and better each year.
                    Scot is taking the year off from ASC, but I believe he plans to run it again next year.
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Scot is taking the year off from ASC, but I believe he plans to run it again next year.
                      Whew...I was fearing the we were losing an outstanding TD.
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Whew...I was fearing the we were losing an outstanding TD.
                        No doubt. The ASC is an awesome event.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Spencer and I held a quiet vigil for the Aloha Tourney this evening....sad.....
                          Will be missed.

Might have to make a gonzo run to W.W. just for the heck of it!!

Comment

I can understand you guys being a little bummed about the absence of ASC, BUT, we should all be stoked on the addition of the Kitsap Peninsula into the series. Two awesome courses, a world champ at the helm, and a great club presence, I think it'll be a superb event.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I noticed that too; bummer, only tourney I've played in in years and it was a hoot. Or maybe it's happening, just not part of the series?
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X