X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tim View Post
    I can understand you guys being a little bummed about the absence of ASC, BUT, we should all be stoked on the addition of the Kitsap Peninsula into the series. Two awesome courses, a world champ at the helm, and a great club presence, I think it'll be a superb event.
    No doubt, Paul is a GREAT guy! Well if no Sushi, might need to head north...
    educate your thinking

Comment

The NAD course is 2 minutes from my house JMan! Spencer will need someone to get pizza with while we get some local Sushi!
      Would be good to see some Oregon boys & girls up in my neck of the woods.

The trip to Walla Walla has always been a fun Father/Son trip, as well as a great Tourney, nice Peeps and great Sushi. It'll be back and so will we!

Can't wait to see some dates.....

Comment

You know me, it's always time for pizza...
        educate your thinking

Comment

How bout top4 final nine only.. Help get these things over quickly for those who have to travel and highlights those who are playing at the top of their game! THANKS FOR STEPPING UP!
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

The final nine has two main purposes:
            1) Allow more time for the TD to prepare for the award ceremony.
            2) Showcase the players that are playing the best in the tournament.

That being said, I think that the final nine should feature four players with the best overall scores. The scores would not be included in the overall tournament scores. The four players would be playing for a predetermined prize or a "skins" game. This format would allow more high risk shots that would be more entertaining to the gallery.

Another option to speed up the final nine would be to reduce the number of holes played. Maybe a final five. Choose a set of holes that flow good from tournament central and have high scoring deviations.

The "Final" should not take longer that an hour to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by douglaselvis View Post
              The NAD course is 2 minutes from my house JMan! Spencer will need someone to get pizza with while we get some local Sushi!
              Would be good to see some Oregon boys & girls up in my neck of the woods.

The trip to Walla Walla has always been a fun Father/Son trip, as well as a great Tourney, nice Peeps and great Sushi. It'll be back and so will we!

Can't wait to see some dates.....
              Camping trip to Doug's house!!!!! Guess we'll have to bring our own sake bombs this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Minordiety View Post
                Camping trip to Doug's house!!!!! Guess we'll have to bring our own sake bombs this year.
                And the winner between Spencer and I buys the pizza?

Bob

Comment

You're on Bob! At Spencers home course...you don't stand a chance!!

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                    And the winner between Spencer and I buys the pizza?

Bob
                    Nice Bob, real cool play on words there to get the kid to buy your pizza!
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I don't care who buys, just bring on the pizza...
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Yardbird View Post
                        The final nine has two main purposes:
                        1) Allow more time for the TD to prepare for the award ceremony.
                        2) Showcase the players that are playing the best in the tournament.

That being said, I think that the final nine should feature four players with the best overall scores. The scores would not be included in the overall tournament scores. The four players would be playing for a predetermined prize or a "skins" game. This format would allow more high risk shots that would be more entertaining to the gallery.

Another option to speed up the final nine would be to reduce the number of holes played. Maybe a final five. Choose a set of holes that flow good from tournament central and have high scoring deviations.

The "Final" should not take longer that an hour to complete.
                        I like the final nine as part of the total tournament score. Watching the best players compete against each other with the whole weekend on the line is much more entertaining to me than watching a relatively pressure free skins game.
                        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                          I like the final nine as part of the total tournament score. Watching the best players compete against each other with the whole weekend on the line is much more entertaining to me than watching a relatively pressure free skins game.
                          I can see arguments either way. I kind of like the idea of the skins round though, since there's more incentive for the players to go for the big birdie rather than the safe par. Either way though, I support the final 9 for just the top 4 anyway, it's cool to have the huge gallery watching the best players of the weekend.

Just as an FYI though, how TDs decide to handle final 9's and such are entirely up to them this year. The series is going to be very hands off in terms of regulations in the events, giving the TDs the freedom to run their events the way they want.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            Just as an FYI though, how TDs decide to handle final 9's and such are entirely up to them this year. The series is going to be very hands off in terms of regulations in the events, giving the TDs the freedom to run their events the way they want.
                            Disclaimer or is this just code for inconsistent?

The 9 skins is a lot more fun! No lay ups here! CSI paid almost as much in skins as 3rd cash in the tourney.
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                              Disclaimer or is this just code for inconsistent?

The 9 skins is a lot more fun! No lay ups here! CSI paid almost as much in skins as 3rd cash in the tourney.
                              Who says the nines have to be consistant? If the players know what's going on as far as how many holes or extra incentives why should each event ne the same. Mix it up a bit. I do like the idea of having only 4 to the finals and a chance to play for skins is a bonus for sure. But every event doesn't need to be the same. Safari nines are the shnit.
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

redfive: Safari nines are the shnit.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X