X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winter Flurry at Sumner Meadows - February 13

Here is a link to some info on the event http://www.challengediscgolf.com/Cha...D=5&seasonID=8 .

We are currently doing a lot of survey work out on the course to make sure that everything will run smooth.

More info and maps will be rolling in soon.

Mike Rideout
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

YEAHYAH!
    I am partial to this one because I had run it the past few years. With Mike behind the wheel I am sure it is going to be better than anyone I had run. We are finalizing the courses and it is going to be a blast. The best news for this year is we are most likely going to have the course closed for us this year, as long as we get 70 players. Shouldn't be too difficult. 2 courses, carts, manicured fairways, good times.
    Last edited by REDFIVE; December 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Here is the link to the flyer

http://home.comcast.net/~accuspeed/F...y%20flyerr.pdf
      WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

So why is Intermediate being paid out "trophy only" ?
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

becuz much of the cash that will come in will be put to the use of the carts and greens fee's. heck i don't think there will be payouts for any divison

Comment

Actually, the flyer explains that $20 of each entry fee will go toward cart rental and greens fees(not including any other fees/overhead costs). Those in the intermediate division will be paying only $30, while advanced ($45) and pro ($60) will have paid in considerably more, and will obviously have payouts.
            I imagine the trophies will be pretty nice, as Mike has a really good track record in my experience in regard to payouts/trophies.

TD Mike, why not charge $10 more for intermediate and have some pay-out in script? Wouldn't this help raise more funds?
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I am sure mike will clear this up officially.
              With the players pack being the carts and greens fees at $20 a pop mike didn't want to make it too expensive for the intermediates. If you charge $40 for int and $45 for adv there is not much motivation for a top int player to move up or it gives an excuse for a decent adv player to move down. Mike will make it worth while. The experience of playing this type of course is what the event is really about.
              $ Moo $
              Last edited by REDFIVE; December 23rd, 2009, 01:58 AM.
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

We just put the final touches on the pro courses and they are pretty freakin' cool. The NW(front 9) course is a 13 hole par 53. The SE(back 9) course is a 13 hole par 51. Maps will be available soon making it easy to see OBs and hazards. The am courses will be mapped out soon also. The am courses will play a few strokes easier but the greens are very technical so they might not play all that much easier just shorter in some spots. I can't wait to get baskets out!
                If you have a metal basket and have not been contacted by rideout and would like to let us use it please PM either myself or rideout. Thank you.
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

This sounds like fun, I'll probably show up.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

ooo i'm there for sure...even if i gotta beg the wife for the money

Comment

pro courses

The pro courses are pretty much done and they are going to be fun. I used google maps to get hole lengths so they are as accurate as I could get them, surely not perfect but pretty close for use as a reference. The maps are very easy to read and should go public as soon as I hear back from rideout. All ob lines and hazards are clearly visible and straight forward. As it stands now the NW course is a 13 hole par 52 at 8945ft. Average hole length is 688ft. The SE course is a 13 hole par 51 at 8568ft. Ave hole length is 659ft. Together the courses are a par 103 at 17,513ft. Ave. Hole length is 674ft. Average hole width is much much smaller. There is a great mix of holes for sure. The smallest hole is a 210ft shot to an islandish green while the longest is a 1271ft monster of a shot that gives you options off the tee and keeps you thinking all the way to a green that is tucked behing rolling mounds scattered with bunkers and just behind the ob green, and of course you must flirt with the ob cart path and water hazards as you get toward the basket. Needless to say I like the layout much more than any course we have designed in the past. Greens are very fair but still tricky with great touch and placement needed to avoid landing ob. The am course should be finalized this Tuesday and a map and lengths will be posted as well. I would expect the ave hole length to be closer to 4 or 4fifty possibly pushing 5. I have a map for reference but we need to make sure the tees are flat and playable. Good times!
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

am courses...

If the layout holds up the am courses look like this.
                        NW is a 13 hole par 50 at 6500ft ave hole length is 500.
                        SE is a 13 hole par 49 at 6404ft ave hole length is 493.
                        Together they are 26 holes par 99 at 12,904ft ave hole length is 496.
                        Maps coming soon.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Thanks Chris! I'm drooling at those distances, cant wait to play this one
                          Team DISCRAFT
                          NW Sign Up
                          Gorilla Boy
                          Paragon Disc Golf
                          Odwalla

Comment

Yeah my arm is sore just looking at that
                            Read this ^

Comment

If you throw 50 perfect 130ft shots you will finish even on the am NW course.
                              If you throw 49 perfect 131ft shots you will finish even on the am SE course.
                              If you throw 52 perfect 172ft shots you will finish even on the pro NW course.
                              If you throw 51 perfect 168ft shots you will finish even on the pro SE course.
                              Shouldn't get too sore from that, right?
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X