Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling if you try and bomb off every tee-pad you are gonna be OB more than once.
    www.soulpancake.com
    www.bahai.org
    http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Intestin wrapped meat digits,
      Eric is right, throwing as hard as you can as many times as needed will give you more opportunity to take shots. It is not as hard as it seems. As in most courses it is an advantage to throw far but accuracy is more important. With OB on every hole throwing 420 into a pond will lose a stroke, a disc, and a bit of sanity. The average par is near 4 per hole so max power isn't necessary.

zoom-right click on the map to save it and open it in picture viewer.
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
        zoom-right click on the map to save it and open it in picture viewer.
        Thanks RedFive! It was annoying that when I clicked the link to "View Full Size" and the result was an even smaller picture than what was pictured on the main website...

RedSix Standing by...
        Last edited by Sausage Fingers; January 7th, 2010, 08:23 AM.
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

As someone who has seen the layouts for this year's courses, I can definitely say the Winter Flurry is going to be a fun challenge for players in all divisions, a unique treat (I'm thinking of the carts here), and a great tournament! Between the cart paths, bunkers, seasonal water and ball greens, you've got OB to contend with on every hole. Most tees and greens are strategically placed to create shaped fairways, and on several holes the 2nd or 3rd shot is the real tester.

In my honest opinion, these courses don't favor distance to any significant degree more than any other good, challenging course. Players who can throw 450+ feet might be tempted to unload, but unless they're good enough to shape that shot off the teepad and land in a fairway bounded with OB, their best option is going to be a more conservative, controlled shot. It's not as though this is 26 holes that are all wide open and between 400-500 feet, where every hole would be a potential birdie for big arms but a boring 3 for the rest of us... The emphasis at Sumner Meadows is on placement: weighing the risks and rewards to stay in bounds and set yourself up for the next shot.

Oh and Frankfurter Phalanges, after you follow that "view full size" link, you should be able to click on the map in the new window and have it magnify.
          anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

The maps turned out pretty cool. There are rolling hills, nothing too crazy, on every hole that the maps don't give justice. They are an added characteristic that we don't normally see and make up for the lack of trees in some spots. After you putt out on SE13 the view from the hill is awesome with all the baskets, make note.
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

That's so awesome that Chainbangerz is helping you guys out, I talked to Adam and Keith a couple hours ago and they are really excited about this tournament. I think I'm going.

p.s. I also love you Chris. hehe
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Chris is like disc golf... he's super-cool!
                Those maps are like crack cocaine... I'm gonna go sign up, stare at the map, and peek out my Venetian blinds until it's tourney time...

Glad I could help Jordan-- I was 'Cheeched' and being jocular... so easy a caveman could do it.

Chris, will the course be open for play at all before or after the tournament?
                Also, I heard there will be a byop doubles tourney at Sumner Meadows later in the year... is that true? I hope so!!
                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

We are waiting on word to see what it will take to be able to get people out to check the course. Might be a cart rental to roll around, might be a couple few bucks to throw some discs to where baskets will be, migh not happen. We are also planning out doubles,might be Sunday the 14th, might be later. If we can't do it Sunday I will be running dubs at riverside as a bonus for traveling players. Still working out the details hope to know within the next couple days.
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Right arm!

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                      Oh and Frankfurter Phalanges, after you follow that "view full size" link, you should be able to click on the map in the new window and have it magnify.
                      It doesn't open up in a new window, it just grays out the website behind and shows me the map a little smaller than the website's over the top with an X in the upper right corner and a Close box on the bottom right corner. When you click in the map itself it just closes...but thanks anyway Slang For Murderer!
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

When is online registration opening up for this?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Online reg should open early next week.
                          WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                            Online reg should open early next week.
                            Awesome, I'm looking forward to this event!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Doubles will be run at sumner meadows on Sunday February the 14th. We will be playing one round of 22 holes. Not sure what 22 will be played but they will be close to if not the same as the 26 played on saturday.

Starting February 1st people will be able to get out and see the course for the fee of one cart rental. Only if the course is not busy. I would recomend calling the course and speaking to Dave before you try and get out.
                              Info can be found at www.golfsumnermeadows.com
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Sounds great... will there be any markings or baskets up on the 1st?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X