X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
    If you throw 50 perfect 130ft shots you will finish even on the am NW course.
    If you throw 49 perfect 131ft shots you will finish even on the am SE course.
    If you throw 52 perfect 172ft shots you will finish even on the pro NW course.
    If you throw 51 perfect 168ft shots you will finish even on the pro SE course.
    Shouldn't get too sore from that, right?
    Just tell me there will be no baskets sitting IN sand traps and I'm there.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

As a sanctioned singles event there will not be any baskets in sandtraps. Pansy!
      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

will advanced play the pro courses?

Comment

Originally posted by Ode View Post
          will advanced play the pro courses?
          Probably not.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Many of the tournaments I throw are geared in the direction of having intermediate, novice, recreational, and junior divisions playing for ďtrophy onlyĒ awards. I try to keep the cost of entering these divisions as low as possible to make it more fun for them to enter the event and be able to compete. I feel that it is more important to keep these entries low and not make the extra funds from the scrip in order to keep the personal costs for these players down.

A lot of new players are not PDGA, so if they are playing intermediate they are still getting charged $40. If I added $10 to the entry fee in order to raise more money, then these intermediate players will be paying $50 to compete in a one-day C-tier as an intermediate. That doesnít sound attractive to a lot of new players that just want to go out and see what the tournament scene is all about.

Advanced divisions will play from the am pads. Remember, these am pads do not make these holes easy; they simply make the hole a little shorter. Almost all of the difficulty will be found in the pinís position.

There will not be any baskets in sand traps. There are a few cases where a basket will be about twenty feet from a sand trap, ob green, or ob path. Chris had to have one hole that is a little extreme, so on the 13th hole of the Southeast course you will find the basket at the top of a mound that is well guarded in the front by a very close sand trap, huge ob green in front of that, and a path on the backside of the mound. Of course, this is after about 1000 feet of fairway.

Kyle Sutherland was out there with us today to speak up about some of the am pads. He was quite helpful and he seemed convinced that the shorter tee pads did not take away from the shot.

Mike
            WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

This sounds like fun. Any chance you could pick a partner to be in your group and share a cart with for the first round?
              A par is not a bogey.

Comment

We finalized the am courses and double checked the pro courses. As soon as I hear back from rideout I will make the maps available. I am hoping to get distances for the am courses done tonight so everything will be mapped and measured. The am courses play shorter but they are still very technical. I am very happy with what we have come up with. The course doesn't have many trees but we used what we had very well. There are many hills and mounds up around the green and in fairways in some spots, we tried to use these to our advantage. I still. Can't wait to get baskets out!
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

number nonsence

So here are the final total distances forthe courses.

PRO NW
                  Par 52 @ 9215ft
                  Ave hole length, 709ft
                  PRO SE
                  Par 50 @ 8497ft
                  Ave hole length, 654ft

AM NW
                  Par 47 @ 6472ft
                  Ave hole length, 498ft
                  AM SE
                  Par 46 @ 6419ft
                  Ave hole length, 494ft

The PRO NW plays 2743ft longer than the AM NW, with an extra 211ft per hole on average.
                  The PRO SE plays 2078ft longer than the AM SE, with an extra 160ft per hole on average.

MR. Rideout can I let the people see the masterpieces that are the maps?
                  Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

With those distances we should thank companies for discs like the Boss, Nuke, Halo, Katana, ect...
                    www.soulpancake.com
                    www.bahai.org
                    http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

can you tell me how to get, how to get to...

Its kind of a pain but here are some links to the maps and descriptions. These may still be tweaked here and there before the tourney but this is whatwe are working with at this point.

Pro map.
                      http://discgolfer.ning.com/photo/180...8?context=user
                      Pro descriptions
                      http://discgolfer.ning.com/photo/180...7?context=user

Am map.
                      http://discgolfer.ning.com/photo/180...9?context=user
                      Am descriptions.
                      http://discgolfer.ning.com/photo/180...6?context=user

Enjoy!
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Chainbangerz

Chainbangerz is now on board in a huge way. They are sponsoring holes and kicking down some schwag for ctps.

Thank you Chainbangerz

www.chainbangerz.com
                        WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                          Chainbangerz

Chainbangerz is now on board in a huge way. They are sponsoring holes and kicking down some schwag for ctps.

Thank you Chainbangerz

www.chainbangerz.com

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                            If you throw 50 perfect 130ft shots you will finish even on the am NW course.
                            If you throw 49 perfect 131ft shots you will finish even on the am SE course.
                            If you throw 52 perfect 172ft shots you will finish even on the pro NW course.
                            If you throw 51 perfect 168ft shots you will finish even on the pro SE course.
                            Shouldn't get too sore from that, right?
                            It's not the 13 172ft tee shots that worry me, it's the 13 172ft putts I'd have to make! Yeah, I'm really gonna go for it from over 150ft out with
                            a few cases where a basket will be about twenty feet from a sand trap, ob green, or ob path. Chris had to have one hole that is a little extreme, so on the 13th hole of the Southeast course you will find the basket at the top of a mound that is well guarded in the front by a very close sand trap, huge ob green in front of that, and a path on the backside of the mound.
                            Great argument...NOT!

Now while this may be a long arm course, how many newbies do you think you will get? Hell, I'd like to follow Ron the Whip around the course and video his playing these monster courses, but it would hurt this old guy.

It is fun as hell to play on a ball course with carts though...

Maps are way cool. Is there any way to zoom in on them?
                            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                            Or does here stand the last remaining man
                            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Thanks for the maps and the descriptions... looks like alot of fun! Maybe OB O'berto should jump on board with sponsorship, considering there's OB on every hole...

"Maps are way cool. Is there any way to zoom in on them?" Yes.

While having a long arm certainly helps a golfer on courses like these, there is alot of 'fairway' golf and course management to be done out there, especially with all of the ob's and bunkers.
                              Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; January 5th, 2010, 11:13 PM.
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                                "Maps are way cool. Is there any way to zoom in on them?" Yes.
                                Thanks so much for the help there Puttinski! ...
                                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X