X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Golf Random Doubles @ Terrace Creek Park

Tuesday the 15th of December starting at 6pm we will be having night golf random doubles at Terrace Creek and this will be a monthly event from now on. It will be the first Tuesday of the month starting in January and the buy in is $5, that's $3 to play, $1 to the ace pot (the ace pot for this and Saturday doubles will be the same) and $1 for a CTP, which will be either straight cash or a brand new disc or two. If you want to donate a non inked, new disc (no DX or Pro D) for the CTP your buy in for the event is free. We will play the front nine twice as I don't want to make people play the back nine in the dark. The CTP will be a special hole and it will be done AFTER every group is done and it will be from the sidewalk next to hole one to the basket for hole four and there may be more than one winner. Everyone will throw one after the other and the closest to the pin wins. You will need to bring a flashlight and LED lights or glow discs, and if you don't have any I can provide some at no charge, also whenever you throw a disc it has to be either a glow disc or have an LED on it or it's not legal, that means no putting with a putter that's not lighted, sorry. I will also be providing hand warmers for free as it will be cold outside so dress warm. I hope you all can make it because the CTP prizes will be many and it is going to be a ton of fun. Meet at the Gazebo near the playground, sign up is at 5:30pm and players meeting is at six.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Sounds like fun Thomas ~ I'll try to be there

Comment

Awesome Don! I look forward to seeing you there! Take care buddy
      Last edited by sillybizz; December 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot to put "care" in there

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
        Awesome Don! I look forward to seeing you there! Take buddy
        Where should don take buddy? What or who is this buddy that don is to take?
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
          Where should don take buddy? What or who is this buddy that don is to take?
          lol I meant "take care" but I'm a dork along with dyslexia I also forget to put things in sentences sometimes, hehe.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

"Who's your Buddy?" ~ http://lewandopix.com/files/buddy_christ2.jpg

Comment

UPDATE!

We are now a week away from Night Golf Random Doubles and I am looking forward to it. I am donating four (4) BRAND NEW discs towards the CTP. I haven't decided yet if I want to pay a lot of spots one disc a piece or multiple discs for for two or three players, I will decide the night of depending on the turnout and how many others are donating for the CTP. Also, tee off will most likely be around 6:15 instead of 6:00 so if you think you are going to be a little past six o clock it's ok.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Hello Thomas ~
                How many discs to you have "lit-up" for an event like this?
                I picked up a "Disc Golf Beacon" at Play-it-Again Sports this afternoon to test out in the back yard tonight. I'm thinking that I'll pick up a 3 pack of the Beacons and have some extra tape ready. The Beacons put out quite a bit of light ~ enough that I don't feel I'll have to use just clear discs.
                Anyway....looking forward to my first round of Night Golf

Comment

I usually use three discs (one putter, one driver, one mid range or one putter and two drivers) during night golf. Some people light only one disc and move the light to whatever disc they need and carry their entire bag with them and others use ONLY one disc, it's personal preference I guess. I use either glow discs or these little LED's used for fishing that are small, lightweight and bright. Also I highly recommend staying away from blue LED's as they hurt your eyes at night and kill your night vision.

If anyone has any glow sticks I would appreciate it if you could put them on the baskets for holes one through nine before we play as this helps course and night golf noobs.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I have good news and bad. Good news is it's supposed to warm up in the next couple of days for this event but the bad news is it might rain as well. The event will go on rain, shine, snow or whatever, you might want to bring an umbrella with you though. I have half a dozen confirmed so far and probably at least that much more will show up on their own. There will be at least half a dozen CTP's going out not to mention the pay out for at least the top two in the doubles so more than half that show up will get something and for only $5. Did I mention the $300 acepot is in effect as well? here's to promoting hard!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I had a question today about whether or not doubles after dark was legal and just to let you all know, YES it is legal to play golf after dark at Terrace Creek, I have even had Police officers tell me they don't mind it because it keeps the bad element (besides disc golfers, hehe) out of the park at night so rest assured it is legal.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

The course is a bit soggy with the rain as of late but I will still be out there and taking money for the event at 5:30pm, remember to meet by the gazebo so we don't get rained on!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

North Park plays very well in the rain, and it's a great little course for glow dubs... . Not too eager to play Terrace in these conditions, but I do feel like playing some glow golf though.
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

We can all suffer together buddy, hehe hope to see you there!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

The rain has subsided. Tom, do you have l.e.d.'s for sale, and some good clear tape?
                              Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; December 15th, 2009, 03:44 PM.
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X