Clear All

• PretzelBowl III - Saturday, February 20th

3rd Annual PRETZELBOWL
    Supporting Northwest Harvest Food Bank
    PDGA C-tier Event
    Saturday February 20th, 2010

8:00-8:30 Registration - 8:35-8:45 Players meeting - 9:00 Start

Format: Singles - 2 rounds of 18 holes at Woodland Park in Seattle

Registration details: Total registration is LIMITED to 72 players/4 per hole - No exceptions, no 5somes!
    Total cost is $10.00
    Entry is mainly to cover costs but all additional proceeds will go to the Northwest Harvest Foodbank on Cherry Street in Seattle: www.northwestharvest.org
    Because the entry fee mainly supports the fees to run the tournament, additional donations are HIGHLY suggested, even $5 helps a great deal!

ALL PLAYERS MUST check-in by 8:30 - Some people learned this the hard way last year, if you haven't checked in by 8:30, your spot is gone!

Send paypal to cefire@sbcglobal.net
    OR send a check payable to "Andrew Rivers" to 3411 12th Ave West, Seattle, WA 98119
    AND send along an pm/email with: Name - Division - PDGA# - Address - Phone - Email

Prizes: Because of the small entry fee and charity focus of this event, there will be no/minimal payout

Divisions offered: Only one division "open" unless you have some extraneous reason for playing something else. No cash prizes so it won't affect anyone's am/pro status

Current registration: http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9786

Questions/Comments to Andrew Rivers at cefire@sbcglobal.net or 630-674-8614
    Last edited by cefire; December 10th, 2009, 08:41 PM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Registration list is up on PDGA: http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9786

1 day, half full- you do the math...

Two-thirds full!!!
    Last edited by cefire; December 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Sent mine to you today on paypal. Thanks again for doing this. It should be a lot of fun.
      BTW- Didn't see your second post. Sorry about that. I figure you can just add me "officially" tomorrow. = )
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

What is the timeline on getting baskets out there permanently? You can do it Andrew!
        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

No timeline...we all gots to get together to make it happen!
          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Does the city/county seem willing?
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Don't know, after this years tourney and hopefully united disc golf club, we'll be able to say something
              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Thats two constants and one variable The city, every other user group who uses the most popular park in Seattle and the still not organized club. This should not take to long.
                rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                  Thats two constants and one variable The city, every other user group who uses the most popular park in Seattle and the still not organized club. This should not take to long.
                  Jub, are you coming out? It's not too much of a burden on me to beat YOU and that brat Stuart. I'm really looking forward to this event.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                    Yeah, obviously we've got a difficult path ahead, but I still think its worth a try.

At least we get to play in there once a year now, whereas before I was told by golfers that there was absolutely no way the city was going to let me use the park for disc golf. Fortunately, I wasn't here long enough to let the naysayers (perhaps some in this very thread ) get me down.
                    Last edited by cefire; December 11th, 2009, 04:35 PM.
                    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                      Yeah, obviously we've got a difficult path ahead, but I still think its worth a try.

At least we get to play in there once a year now, whereas before I was told by golfers that there was absolutely no way the city was going to let me use the park for disc golf. Fortunately, I wasn't hear long enough to let the naysayers (perhaps some in this very thread ) get me down.
                      Exactly.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I agree once a year is great! But it's during the winter when park use is somewhat lighter. Summer will be a whole different kettle of fish.

I still believe that an "all day, one round event" is the best way to raise funds/food/awareness for such a worth project.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

FYI - Two thirds full, 25 spots remain...
                          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                            FYI - Two thirds full, 25 spots remain...
                            I was just looking and in awe, 47 signed up already? Holy Cow Batman!

Bob

Comment

I sent some extra$$ with my paypal for a donation. Thanks for helping to make this event happen!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X