X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Wa Series

We should take a cue from our Ore. brethren; The 2010 WA series should take the year off.

The events should all go on as usual and anyone who wants to see it go forward should use this time to help re-organize it. Eric (to my knowledge) is the only one really interested in a 2010 series. If you are interested in 2011 you should contact him, I know he welcomes your time and effort.
    rewindb.com

Didn't the series take last year off? Or at least it took off with my money!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
      Didn't the series take last year off? Or at least it took off with my money!
      The series will take place in '10. The main objective is that we all will continue to travel, meet and play. A set of simple but rigid guidlines will be furnished to all potential clubs and TDs by the new Year. This year's series will serve as a model for keeping players in the loop with regard to progress being made toward the Finals award value, event by event. Inland Series may possibly colude with Wa. St. and has applied to the WA. CO. to host the Finals and guarentee a seperate $1500 added cash for the B tier event itself. The Series Finalists will compete for the season-long accrued value as well. If you are a club or TD that would be interested in reviewing the guidelines for the '10 Series please let Eric know and the formulation of the new season will get underway. Gordy #21004

Comment

I'm glad the series will be continuing in '10.

Did anyone ever see the final breakdown of points and money for the 09 series? Both were promised to be posted online at the steilly final.
        Read this ^

Comment

Lilac City Open

Count me in to TD the Lilac City Open this year, series or not.
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

WA. State Series Statistician

I volunteer to keep track of the accrued points and series cash. As soon as a tournament posts it results on the PDGA I can download the results into a spread sheet and then assign series points. If I could attach excel files to the nwdiscgolfnews.com forums then everyone could view them right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
              The series will take place in '10. The main objective is that we all will continue to travel, meet and play. A set of simple but rigid guidlines will be furnished to all potential clubs and TDs by the new Year. This year's series will serve as a model for keeping players in the loop with regard to progress being made toward the Finals award value, event by event. Inland Series may possibly colude with Wa. St. and has applied to the WA. CO. to host the Finals and guarentee a seperate $1500 added cash for the B tier event itself. The Series Finalists will compete for the season-long accrued value as well. If you are a club or TD that would be interested in reviewing the guidelines for the '10 Series please let Eric know and the formulation of the new season will get underway. Gordy #21004
              Gordy, does this mean you will be running the series?

Comment

Gordy, does this mean you will be running the series?
                No, this does not mean that I will be running the Series. My intention is to provide the spark that will get interested venues saying ' Yes, let's commit to this or at least let a simple, solid plan come to light. I commit to the task of assuring that applying venues will support the Series model ( the guidelines)and if asked will also participate in ironing out a schedule. If its agreed to let Bob manage the points system and/or the funds, then the guidelines and the calender will manage the rest. I could see either Paul 2x or Eric being the point man or men. They would oversee and keep a close eye on Bob (he is, after all, kinda Wobbly) The point man's main function would be to encourage general Series sponsor support. Again, the plan is to keep it simple, keep it solid and transparent. All you players; your job is to keep it fun. Gordy C.

Comment

It seems to me that you are assembling a loose type of committee. One where those involved have one easy job instead of one person having a hard job by doing it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                    No, this does not mean that I will be running the Series. My intention is to provide the spark that will get interested venues saying ' Yes, let's commit to this or at least let a simple, solid plan come to light. I commit to the task of assuring that applying venues will support the Series model ( the guidelines)and if asked will also participate in ironing out a schedule. If its agreed to let Bob manage the points system and/or the funds, then the guidelines and the calender will manage the rest. I could see either Paul 2x or Eric being the point man or men. They would oversee and keep a close eye on Bob (he is, after all, kinda Wobbly) The point man's main function would be to encourage general Series sponsor support. Again, the plan is to keep it simple, keep it solid and transparent. All you players; your job is to keep it fun. Gordy C.
                    I like the way it sounds Gordy, have you spoke with Paul or Eric about it?

Comment

THANK YOU!
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I like the way it sounds Gordy, have you spoke with Paul or Eric about it?
                        No, but remember I'm trying to set a spark here. Last year Paul picked up the s--- end of the stick and I don't really know if he got any help or guidence at all. Paul gets my vote for lending a steadying hand this year as a 'reward'. Paul? I'll call. Eric is our State PDGA Rep. All event dates must be pre-approved by him. He is an obvious choice to coordinate dates and events. Afterall what else do we do PDGA style here in WA. besides the Series? Eric? OK, I'll call. He can hold the money too. Hey, Chris Gilberts, what part do you want to play? #21004 out.

Comment

I don't want to be putting words into anybody's mouth, but I've spoken to both Paul and Eric about the series and neither particularly wanted to head it up. That's not to say they aren't interested in helping out, just not the coordinator. In my conversation with Eric, we both agreed that a committee for the series could work well, but there would still need to be a "chairman" of sorts to keep everyone organized and motivated. I think if someone wanted to step up to coordinate, they should also be prepared to attend all of the events.

I'm glad to see people getting motivated, I think it would be good to have all our ducks in a row before the end of the year, which should be feasible, even for disc golfers.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I vote Tim for chairman!

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                              I vote Tim for chairman!
                              Gordy..who died and put you in charge? You can't
                              "guarantee" anything and you can't speak for anyone else. Until a responsible person steps up to TAKE CHARGE and work with the state TDs and get their opinions this series is on hiatus. Paul did squat as the fill in, never posting a single note or message ANYWHERE as to what was going on or what he was doing. Let's TRY and be professional this year.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X